GDT: Johnny & Matthew Gaudreau tribute. Philly comes to Calgary to play the Flames @ 8 PM MDT. Oct 12

JurassicTunga

Mar 21, 2010
200w.gif

Strong game from our top guys. Huberdeau is on fire.
Honzek had tons of chances to score his first. It will come.
Wolf was solid.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
I said last game that huby has barely shown the magic since coming here…

That was one of those games tonight. Now I’ll be a skeptic until he shows it more consistently, but that’s the f***ing player we need.

Last edited:

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
Time for a second breakfast, unfortunately I'm out of eggs and bacon.
bangers and hash?

That was one of those games tonight. Now I’ll be a skeptic until he shows it’s more consistently, but that’s the f***ing player we need.
A good start can do wonders for a players confidence. Last year after the slow start he was squeezing teh stick far too tight

Reactions: super6646

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016

That was one of those games tonight. Now I’ll be a skeptic until he shows it more consistently, but that’s the f***ing player we need.
Honestly I thought this was a pretty quiet night for 4 points.

He had a few better games last season imo were he wasn't rewarded.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Gotta love a home opener win, that was for Johnny
Flames averaging 6G a game 👀
Already starting to become suspiciously fond of this hockey team

200.webp

Great - Hubes buddy, that's that shit we do like. Great game from him. Really liked what I saw from Kevin Bahl tonight. Pospisil was a menace on the forecheck, love his attitude of get it to the net as quickly as possible. Surprisingly solid positionally and defensively as well.

Real Good - Wolf was very solid, made all the saves he should. Lot of shots against but I thought the Flames did a good job of keeping them to the outside and letting him see the puck for the most part. Kadri skated well, could have used his teammates better. Kuz 3A, not by accident either. Lots of crafty plays with his hands. Early of course but starting to think he might have a future here after all. Some tough plays defensively.

Good - Weegar, Andersson, Miromanov thought the top 4 did a nice job handling the Flyer attack and each had some good transition moments. 4th line was quality, I always liked Lomberg but wow looks like he's come a long ways in Florida. That line got running around in their own zone sometimes but were finishing checks and had some chances. Powerplay 1st unit was great, 2nd unit maybe not so much. Zary I liked, not sure if the Backlund line is where he best fits here but I get why the coaching staff have started him there. No complaints with Mantha, looks to be building some chemistry on that line.

Not bad - Honzek better than in Van I thought, had some chances to score. Couple weak board plays defensively. Too deferential to his linemates but if he keeps getting better as the games go along I could see him sticking for a while. Backs and Coleman combined for that goal but I thought they were both getting their legs under them.

Fine - Bean-Pachal had some good and some bad moments, got better as the game went along. Expecting to see Barrie in Edmonton tomorrow.

Reactions: Felidae

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
They've made hockey fun again.

Really feeling the stark contrast between the Flames this time last year with so many guys hoping to be on other teams soon. This team just seems to want to play for each other and score a bunch of goals.

Could be a mirage though. Philly on a back-to-back isn't a statement game or anything.

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
They've made hockey fun again.

Really feeling the stark contrast between the Flames this time last year with so many guys hoping to be on other teams soon. This team just seems to want to play for each other and score a bunch of goals.

Could be a mirage though. Philly on a back-to-back isn't a statement game or anything.
I think the statement is no more than to play for each other and play hard. They are going to make a ton of mistakes and it is going to be a really bad season, but they (the players) want to make this rebuild short and sweet.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad