GDT: Jackets @ Avs | First Emergency GDT Thread | 7pm MT (RIP Johnny Hockey)

the_fan

Have we traded Mikko yet?
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
I disagree with this too. They certainly won’t be world beaters but with competent goaltending they would stay in the race. I think some people in here aren’t realize how bad it f***s with players when you feel like your goalie is going to let in every other shot.
We had the same goaltending last regular season, but we had Val and Lehky in the lineup and we won games

twostroke2023

Dec 15, 2023
We had the same goaltending last regular season, but we had Val and Lehky in the lineup and we won games
Fair. Point is though they shouldn’t have to score at the rate they do period. Again, find even a .905 goalie and they’ll be fine. If not, your 100% correct

the_fan

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Again, though, the Avs without those guys were fantastic defensively against Vegas outside of the 2 goals in 20 seconds in the 1st.

Tonight where has the bad defensive play been?
Smallest of things can make a difference and win games. All I know is we are missing 4 top 6 forwards and no team in the league can over come that

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
@RoyIsALegend to be fair though, I admit that I was wrong when I said that other 3M goalies aren't any better. Right now it's obvious that pretty much everyone else in the league, minus Annunen, is better.

It was a way to express my frustration at how management is dealing with goaltending as a whole. They want to be cheap so we get cheap goaltending.

Takes a big man to admit a fault.

Cheers.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Goaltending is incredibly grim. We are going to get bent over a table trading for a goalie at the deadline.
This team isn't contending in 3 years anyways.

Whatever it costs - Ritchie, Gulyayev, 1st, etc. Just rip the bandaid off and go get someone who can help this team win another cup while jettisoning the worst goalie in Avs history.

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
JML should only be calling out Annunen there.

It was a tremendous display of strength by Chinakov. That was no small hit by Manson and he had great skating strength to not fall down and in fact get himself right into scoring position.

Annunen looked like he was dozing.
Both of our goalies are leaving the top of the net exposed on the short side. That shit absolutely has to be cleaned up. But that shot shouldn't be happening when you got Manson and Colton there in position to prevent it. I see the blame there as 70% Annunen, 20% Colton, and 10% Manson.

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
I am beyond pissed off at this goalie situation. This shit should have been fixed ages ago. Waive George and I don't give a f*** that there really isn't a better option available.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Get that E-bug in there asap.

On my way!

0c64ee12f31cab31f16643568cd457a1.gif

NMAvsman

Jan 28, 2007
Through 2 games they have generated 5 of the Avs 7 goals.

They are doing their part.
Ok fair enough I concede that point....but I guess what we have to decide is do we pay Mikko....or do we get a top flite goalie and improve the forward depth....because that may have to be the decision. The Landy and Val issue is killing us to be sure as well. Hoping we can weather this, come in as a low seed and surprise some teams.

the_fan

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Goaltending though out the league is regressing. Just look at numbers. For example, Shesterkin allowed 6 goals on 26 shots tonight at home vs Utah. We just need to get healthy. Having a full line up will make up quite a bit for having a shitty goaltending. Right now we don’t have a full lineup and a shitty goaltending and we can’t win that way

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad