GDT: Jackets @ Avs | First Emergency GDT Thread | 7pm MT (RIP Johnny Hockey)

Avsavsavsavsavs

Nov 30, 2017
Facts. Thats why its hard to get excited when the Avs score and thus why a little love is gone and its thanks to the sieve from Bulgaria

My friend Joe Sidhu makes that save on Johnson 10/10 times and Joe is a horrible goalie.

Very true. I haven't felt this detached from Avs hockey since some of the 2005-2010 disaster years.

I watch because the rest of the talent is fun, and they would very much so be within their window still with even just average goaltending but f*** is it hard to watch.

I haven't played goalie since my 2nd year of college in 2010, but I would absolutely stop that shot.

Reactions: The Kingslayer

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
This should be a 1-1 game right now, but Georgiev can't make a save once again, notice Tarasov made a couple real good saves.

Nothing George could’ve done.

There isn’t a goalie in the NHL that makes those saves.

Avs can’t expect a goalie making $3,500,000 a season to stop the puck.

Everybody’s fault except for George.

twostroke2023

Dec 15, 2023
I’ve watch the Avs for a lot of years. Was even a big fan or the Nords when I was young which is why Colorado ended up being my team. I’ve seen Joe Sakic end his career with a snowblower. I’ve watch Brendon Yipp be one of this teams bright spots (ouch). I watch the 48 point season. I can honestly say though that having Georgiev on this team has me the least interested I’ve ever been in hockey. It’s such a shame too. I watch the games, but as long as he’s the goalie, I just don’t care. It makes me sad.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
I’ve watch the Avs for a lot of years. Was even a big fan or the Nords when I was young which is why Colorado ended up being my team. I’ve seen Joe Sakic end his career with a snowblower. I’ve watch Brendon Yipp be one of this teams bright spots (ouch). I watch the 48 point season. I can honestly say though that having Georgiev on this team has me the least interested I’ve ever been in hockey. It’s such a shame too. I watch the games, but as long as he’s the goalie, I just don’t care. It makes me sad.

Push through.

We won’t have players like MacKinnon and Makar for a long time once they go downhill.

Those two alone deserve us continuing to watch.

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
I'd say consistently it's Georgiev.

If you're going small sample sizes, we've got the likes of Miska, Raycroft, Kolesnik, Jeremy Smith in the 16-17 nightmare season too.

I would say Georgiev is the worst still.

Miska and Kolesnik weren't being paid to be a starter and Raycroft was here during the last breaths of the Sakic years where the team was not very good and had no defense.

Georgiev has very high caliber players in front of him and is supposed to be our starting goalie.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad