GDT: Jackets @ Avs | First Emergency GDT Thread | 7pm MT (RIP Johnny Hockey)

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Hahahaha, Avs are f***ed this season
I was laughed at all off-season, when I be said we sucked. But here we are. Exactly what I envisioned, shit goaltending, hit or miss everything else.

We are completely screwed until we get at minimum 62 and 13 back. And 92 needs to stop f***ing us. Either play or don't but going on LTIR a day before the season doesn't help us in the slightest.

Reactions: LurkerMcgee
Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
Holy overreaction

We get NHL-level goaltending, and 4 of our top-6 forwards that we are missing, we are cooking.

The former is the harder part. Clearly it isn't Georgie or Annunen. It's a lot of responsibility to throw on Kähkönen straight away.

The former isn’t just the harder part, at this point it’s a hope and a prayer. George is somehow worse than he was last year.

The rest of the team I’m not worried about, but this apparent need to get George going will kill this team.

LurkerMcgee

Oct 6, 2020
I was laughed at all off-season, when I be said we sucked. But here we are. Exactly what I envisioned, shit goaltending, hit or miss everything else.

We are completely screwed until we get at minimum 62 and 13 back. And 92 needs to stop f***ing us. Either play or don't but going on LTIR a day before the season doesn't help us in the slightest.
Sells seats and jersey though. Business first

Reactions: chet1926

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
I can’t wait for Beds to go right back to George on Monday

1728791657822.jpeg

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta

The roster is fine. The Avs have scored 8 goals in 2 games and in both games were better analytically in every possible way.

This is *exclusively* a goaltending issue right now.

Reactions: Avs_19

the_fan

Have we traded Mikko yet?
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Holy overreaction

We get NHL-level goaltending, and 4 of our top-6 forwards that we are missing back in the lineup, we are cooking.

The former is the harder part. Clearly it isn't Georgie or Annunen. It's a lot of responsibility to throw on Kähkönen straight away.
Getting those 4 players back will make a huge difference where we’ll actually win games even with bad goaltending. There is bad goaltending throughout the league it’s not just the Avs

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
At least with George you have hope that the light goes back on and he's at least decent. With Annunen you don't have that he just sucks with no upside.
Well with Georgiev it requires a sport psychologists or something at this point. Ask Toronto what they did with Samsonov last year.

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
I have the opposite thoughts. George is more likely to actually just get worse. Annunen may at least have a chance, and why do you think he has no upside?
I don't think Annunen is an NHL level goaltender. He's so incredibly slow. I just don't think he has the tools to succeed at this level. Decent teams can and will light him up. Although he is stronger mentally than Georgiev.

The Merchant

Sponsor
Aug 2, 2011
El Pueblo
Hey guys just woke up from my week-long coma and saw that the Avs started the season with 4 GPG! Wow! Just gonna assume they're 2-0, awesome!! Can't wait for the rest of the season!!!

Reactions: katfude

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad