Jack Hughes goes for the hit on ENG, gets worst of it

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
My guy, Rasmussen is like 6'6, 220lbs and you're 5'10, 180lbs. Just wasn't meant to be, unless you're a bit heavy and compact like Neil, Domi, Oshie, Nichol, Upshall, etc.

Smash

Dec 19, 2006
Hit is over exaggerating it. Hughes was trying to make a play on the puck. He let up and didn’t try to make any type of real check on Rasmussen once the puck was gone. Their contact was pretty minimal, and Hughes was playing to the whistle to make a play on the puck.

Rasmussen shouldn’t have taken any offense to what Hughes did. That type of contact a smidge after the puck is gone is routine when guys are going 100MPH. No harm no foul. Players don’t take serious offense to that. Next play. Back to the bench.

That Rasmussen tried to make something that was absolutely of no significance into a moment to show up his opponent was poor sportsmanship and at that point I think Hughes has the right to actually go at Rasmussen in a way he didn’t previously.
Oh wow I thought you were being sarcastic at first, but you’re just not very bright.

Reactions: stampedingviking

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
I'm siding with Hughes on this one.

Rasmussen hit Hughes pretty viciously. Obviously Hughes wasn't going to be in a great mood.

Celebrating a f***ing empty net goal like that right over a guy you hit like that is pathetic. Have some self respect. Hughes should've cross checked him in the face.

If this isn't sarcasm, YIKES! Ras was going for the EN and got hit by Hughes, who got demolished because he is way smaller. Ras wasn't going for a hit, he was going for a goal.

Reactions: stampedingviking

ShakenNotStirred

Feb 1, 2015
NW PA
Screenshot_20241025-070756.png

This kind of big D energy will be required if the wings squeak into the playoffs, something they have been lacking for a while.

Screenshot_20241025-180757.png

Mo going 3v1 is encouraging too.

cc

Feb 28, 2002
I respect Hughes for even trying here against a much larger opponent.

Michel Beauchamp

Canadiens' fan since 1958
Mar 17, 2008
Laval, Qc
I'm siding with Hughes on this one.

Rasmussen hit Hughes pretty viciously. Obviously Hughes wasn't going to be in a great mood.

Celebrating a f***ing empty net goal like that right over a guy you hit like that is pathetic. Have some self respect. Hughes should've cross checked him in the face.
Could you please remind me in what kind of parralel universe you saw Rasmussen initiate that hit?

Because players in all sports are suppose to give everything they got to give their team the win?

Are you new to sports?
Wasn't the puck already in the net ?

Reactions: Lazlo Hollyfeld

Circus86

Sep 12, 2020
HockeyDB says that Rasmussen is at 220 and Jack Hughes at 175, not sure what the argument is here. You put those type of guys at a collision in any contact sport, the bigger guy is winning always lmao

The point is that Hughes started crying like a baby after the hit.

Last edited:

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Can’t blame Hughes for trying to hit a much bigger guy and bouncing off, but man the Devils are so soft. Their best player gets knocked down and taunted, nobody does anything about it.

A lot of skill and speed on that team but not enough sandpaper.

• Haha
Reactions: Xirik

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad