Jack Hughes goes for the hit on ENG, gets worst of it

cvaicunas

Aug 25, 2021
Not related to the thread but there's very few things less professional than a professional play by play guy saying "we" when talking about the team. So cringe.
When Mickey said, 'we have a lot of conversation going on." Is that really cringe for you?

TS Quint

Stop writing “I mean” in your posts.
Sep 8, 2012
Sure, Schiefele gets 4 playoff games for doing the same thing except properly.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
My guy, Rasmussen is like 6'6, 220lbs and you're 5'10, 180lbs. Just wasn't meant to be, unless you're a bit heavy and compact like Neil, Domi, Oshie, Nichol, Upshall, etc.

Smash

Dec 19, 2006
Hit is over exaggerating it. Hughes was trying to make a play on the puck. He let up and didn’t try to make any type of real check on Rasmussen once the puck was gone. Their contact was pretty minimal, and Hughes was playing to the whistle to make a play on the puck.

Rasmussen shouldn’t have taken any offense to what Hughes did. That type of contact a smidge after the puck is gone is routine when guys are going 100MPH. No harm no foul. Players don’t take serious offense to that. Next play. Back to the bench.

That Rasmussen tried to make something that was absolutely of no significance into a moment to show up his opponent was poor sportsmanship and at that point I think Hughes has the right to actually go at Rasmussen in a way he didn’t previously.
Oh wow I thought you were being sarcastic at first, but you’re just not very bright.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
I'm siding with Hughes on this one.

Rasmussen hit Hughes pretty viciously. Obviously Hughes wasn't going to be in a great mood.

Celebrating a f***ing empty net goal like that right over a guy you hit like that is pathetic. Have some self respect. Hughes should've cross checked him in the face.

If this isn't sarcasm, YIKES! Ras was going for the EN and got hit by Hughes, who got demolished because he is way smaller. Ras wasn't going for a hit, he was going for a goal.

ShakenNotStirred

Feb 1, 2015
NW PA
Screenshot_20241025-070756.png

This kind of big D energy will be required if the wings squeak into the playoffs, something they have been lacking for a while.

Screenshot_20241025-180757.png

Mo going 3v1 is encouraging too.

Reactions: RedHawkDown

Nogatco Rd

Music Has The Right To Children
Apr 3, 2021
I feel like all of a sudden everyone is using the word “emote” why is that

cc

Feb 28, 2002
I respect Hughes for even trying here against a much larger opponent.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad