Jack Hughes goes for the hit on ENG, gets worst of it

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
Devs fans: “he was trying to stop the ENG”

Everyone else: “that kid really tried throwing a blindside hit on a 6’6 220lbs man trying to score an ENG and fell flat on his ass”
Jack Hughes trying to to make a hit

Vs

Quinn Hughes running to the corner to hide and getting his lunch money taken

I can understand why you like Quinn now.

• Wow
Reactions: Filthy Dangles

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
That might be the most embarrassing thing I’ve ever seen in hockey from Hughes perspective. From Hughes bouncing off Rasmussen like a toddler, to the puck still going in, to Rasmussen roaring over him while he’s down on the ice on all fours, to him getting up and chirping at Rasmussen like an angry chihuahua 😂. Absolute gold lmao.

Edit: just when I thought it couldn’t get any better, all the salty comments from Devils fans throughout the thread are icing on the cake. Amazing 👌

Last edited:

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.STEVE★
Jul 26, 2005
That’s actually embarrassing. Ignore the fact that he tried to Mark Scheifele “take a run at someone trying to score an empty net”, did he really think he could level a 6’6 220lbs guy.

Thank god Quinn doesn’t have the same delusional attitude.
What's embarassing is that the league even suspended Scheifele for a legal play. The league punished the result, not the play. Otherwise, they should also suspend Hughes.

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
What's embarassing is that the league even suspended Scheifele for a legal play. The league punished the result, not the play. Otherwise, they should also suspend Hughes.
might want to put a sarcasm emoji in your post so people don't think your serious.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
He got doubled team and still made a play to his man. What?

Yeah I’ll take the Norris and captain dman.

That is so embarrassing that guy clipped that video

the video of him making a play

vs frodo trying to act tough on an empty net goal, then talking after a ref has him protected.

Killer Orcas

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
Not sure what Hughes is upset about Rasmussen didn't do anything. Hughes needs to smarten up and just get up and skate away or don't try hitting somebody twice your size.

dirtydanglez

Oct 30, 2022
dumb move and dumb response after. hughes is lucky he didn't get injured protecting an empty net in a lost game in october.

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
Not sure what Jack is so pissed about. He had 59 minutes to make sure shit like this didn't happen. Clown moment for a class player.

Jack had a good game overall - looked much like the pre-injury Hughes out there. Just 1 point and 8 shots over 23 minutes to show for it, but he looks like he's finally shaking off the rust. Devils were the better team overall last night, but a couple bad turnovers and goaltending was the difference.

I thought it was a bit unnecessary on Hughes to take the injury risk with that hit and the game seemingly over, but who knows how much time he thought was left. At the very least, NJ gets another rush if he breaks up that play.

Don't have any problem with Hughes' reaction afterwards - probably thought the screaming over him was a bit over-the-top, but whatever. Glad they're back at it tonight.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad