Confirmed with Link: Jack Hillen and ARZ 4th 2015 for Tim Gleason

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Suds

Nov 27, 2014
If Hillen was so terrible why was he snapped up?

Anyway, I've always liked Gleason - this move will strengthen the roster and add toughness on D.

Too bad no Staal deal

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA
Looking at the big picture. We give up Hillen, Volpatti, and a 4th for Gleason. Don't mean soured in that I now hate the deal, just not as good a deal as I thought.

The Volpatti move was unrelated. On waivers today means he would clear tomorrow. Also, Volpatti is worth literally nothing as a trade asset - maybe even less, as he takes up a contract.

KevinM

Feb 7, 2012
D.C.
Schmidt had an assist (secondary, PP) last night for Hershey.
I'm surprised they pulled the trigger to get a 6D if Schmidt is so close to coming back, not really a fan of the move since I think Schmidt brings more to the table than a Gleason. However, I am grateful that it pushed Volpatti to waivers so I'll take it and see how things play out.

SpinningEdge

Feb 12, 2015
Fairfax, VA
Do you guys think doing this deal means maybe Schmidt could be added in a deal somewhere since he's healthy now and playing in Hershey?

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009

Hope this trade works out better than the last time the Caps traded a D like Hillen to CAR.

Suds

Nov 27, 2014
doesn't really matter that much - but- where does this put Erskine?

Bananas

Sponsor
Mar 26, 2007
This is an epically watered down version of Corvo for Pothier +. Hilariously so one might even say...

Apr 6, 2004
Hard not to like this if Gleason can maintain his physical play and not be a liability. That aspect of the game increases a few times over in the post-season and Green can maintain a balanced approach.

BrooklynCapsFan

No more choking!
Oct 23, 2002
Brooklyn, New York
I'm surprised they pulled the trigger to get a 6D if Schmidt is so close to coming back, not really a fan of the move since I think Schmidt brings more to the table than a Gleason. However, I am grateful that it pushed Volpatti to waivers so I'll take it and see how things play out.

Schmidt remains excellent depth. This gives us six veteran dmen in our top 8 with Schilling and Schmidt capable third pair fill ins.

This is a great start. I'm a fan of carrying 8 dmen after the roster expansion. And if Schilling is moved we're still in good shape.

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
Do you guys think doing this deal means maybe Schmidt could be added in a deal somewhere since he's healthy now and playing in Hershey?

Doubtful, rather think his return last night in Hershey was the signal for the Caps to move a head and move Hillen.

Suds

Nov 27, 2014
Laughlin called it...He was asked what the team need and he said another D man.

SpinningEdge

Feb 12, 2015
Fairfax, VA
Doubtful, rather think his return last night in Hershey was the signal for the Caps to move a head and move Hillen.

... but we acquired a D-man that replaces Schmid't spot.

If Schmidt is a key trade piece to someoen for a legit top 6 guy, I'm 100% okay with it. I'd do Ward, Schmidt, and a pick for Sharp even. Wouldn't even think twice about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad