Proposal: Jack Eichel to Anaheim 4 Fair Value

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
Are we realistically expecting Buffalo to get value above a 3rd overall pick+ 22 1st that likely ends up high + a top 6/9 fwd who’s skilled enough to be an effective scorer in a complimentary role(but not a line driver) + a legit top goalie prospect+ a 2nd round pick defenseman with some serious tools(Lacombe) + a late 1st rd pick(Tracey) that likely makes an impact in a 3rd line role.

for a disgruntled player demanding out, with serious neck surgery question marks and a carries a long term 10 mil AAV contract as well?
I think Buffalo takes this and runs

405Entrance

Feb 8, 2020
Throw in another 1st and it’s a fair deal. His value isn’t what it was before the injury and it’s not where it was at the start of the off season. Anyone who thinks so needs a reality check. I’m sure the rags can offer a better deal but whether they want to or not is a different story

sasha barkov

Nov 4, 2016
Throw in another 1st and it’s a fair deal. His value isn’t what it was before the injury and it’s not where it was at the start of the off season. Anyone who thinks so needs a reality check. I’m sure the rags can offer a better deal but whether they want to or not is a different story
I think it’s less of what the Rags want and more of what Buffalo wants. I firmly believe they won’t trade him to ny bc it’s bad for the fans to see their franchise player get traded across the state and start tearing it up. I have said this since the very beginning, I firmly believe Anaheim will be the ones w Eichel when it is all said and done. There are too many factors involving both sides that heavily indicates Anaheim will be the lucky team. Now, if people are able to see all the factors before hand is a different story….

I expect a lot of apologies in this thread when the Ducks get Eichel ;)

Reactions: Rangers ftw

SI

Feb 16, 2013
Buffalo would be dumb not to be excited for that kind of package.

IMO, it's a weak package for Eichel.
I think Drysdale needs to be involved with Mactavish and #1.
I think Anaheim packages those 3 pieces that would be really difficult for the Sabres and Adams to say no.

There can be some massaging to a deal with these 3 pieces...
Maybe Sabres throw a bone and take Henrique and his 3 years off their hands.

If Eichel is traded for this package, then Anaheim is a playoff team in the west.

405Entrance

Feb 8, 2020
I think it’s less of what the Rags want and more of what Buffalo wants. I firmly believe they won’t trade him to ny bc it’s bad for the fans to see their franchise player get traded across the state and start tearing it up. I have said this since the very beginning, I firmly believe Anaheim will be the ones w Eichel when it is all said and done. There are too many factors involving both sides that heavily indicates Anaheim will be the lucky team. Now, if people are able to see all the factors before hand is a different story….

I expect a lot of apologies in this thread when the Ducks get Eichel ;)
I guess so but I hope not. Ducks should just continue their rebuild and the sabres need to get the best package available even if it’s in the east

sasha barkov

Nov 4, 2016
I think Anaheim packages those 3 pieces that would be really difficult for the Sabres and Adams to say no.

If Eichel is traded for this package, then Anaheim is a playoff team in the west.
How is the offer weak ?

let’s dissect the offer :
Mason McTavish - recent 3OA pick. Many believe to have #1C upside.

2022 1st top 3 protected : deep draft and ducks likely pick high, if too high , Sabres get a chance at Michkov/ Bedard & Ducks get Wright / Savoie : Lambert

Rickard Rakell - 3.8 mil cap hit for 1 more year . Can trade for a 1st + prospect @ deadline

jackson Lacombe - looking like a potential top 4 dman and a high 2nd round pick. Goes to the same school as recent 1st round Sabre Ryan Johnson

Brayden Tracey - former 1st round pick who projects as a top 9 goal scorer

Lukas Dostal - looking like a future 1G

can’t see Buffalo receiving more

Bertuzzipunch

Aug 9, 2020

I disagree, throwing in drysdale would be an insane move by the ducks. The original package is a great one for buffalo. Asking for drysdale also on top is crazy and anaheim would be so dumb if they included him.

Reactions: evolutionbaby

sasha barkov

Nov 4, 2016
I disagree, throwing in drysdale would be an insane move by the ducks. The original package is a great one for buffalo. Asking for drysdale also on top is crazy and anaheim would be so dumb if they included him.
Agree . Asking for Drysdale is the equivalent of adding Dahlin to eichel in exchange for the initial package

Reactions: bleedblue94

SI

Feb 16, 2013
How is the offer weak ?

let’s dissect the offer :
Mason McTavish - recent 3OA pick. Many believe to have #1C upside.

2022 1st top 3 protected : deep draft and ducks likely pick high, if too high , Sabres get a chance at Michkov/ Bedard & Ducks get Wright / Savoie : Lambert

Rickard Rakell - 3.8 mil cap hit for 1 more year . Can trade for a 1st + prospect @ deadline

jackson Lacombe - looking like a potential top 4 dman and a high 2nd round pick. Goes to the same school as recent 1st round Sabre Ryan Johnson

Brayden Tracey - former 1st round pick who projects as a top 9 goal scorer

Lukas Dostal - looking like a future 1G

can’t see Buffalo receiving more

• Love Mactavish - I'd be. asking for him for sure.
  • '22 1st is almost a must - no worries about a protected top 3 here, but IMO Ducks will be much stronger next year without Eichel and now add Eichel I think in that division they are in the playoff conversation. It isn't a given that it will be a top 10 pick - what if I am correct and they do challenge for a spot and say the pick is now 15 or 20 OA - not bad in such a deep draft, but this weakens the package.
  • I like the Rackell add and I agree he can net at least what LA got for Toffoli - solid prospect (like Madden) and a 2nd and at the most another 1st rounder.
  • Jackson LaCombe nice prospect, but Sabres have Power, Samuelson, Johnson all who play LD not to mention Dahlin and Bryson (who also has looked pretty good and he is young).
  • Tracey? Another area where the Sabres have a strong prospect pool of Wingers - Quinn, JPP, Rosen, Poltapov- IMO, are all much brighter and stronger prospects than Tracey.
  • Sabres have 2 equivalent G prospects in Portillo and UPL, so no need for Dostal.
IMO, this is where your OP gets lost by adding in prospects like LaCombe, Tracey, and Dostal, which obscures the value of the package.

IMO, I want Drysdale and MacTavish with '22 #1 and then I would counter to take on Henrique and ease $ and cap for the next 3 years... I also may want someone like Max Jones to round out everything. Ducks keep Rackell and if they do suck, then they can trade Rackell and get a 1st back in '22.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
  • Love Mactavish - I'd be. asking for him for sure.
  • '22 1st is almost a must - no worries about a protected top 3 here, but IMO Ducks will be much stronger next year without Eichel and now add Eichel I think in that division they are in the playoff conversation. It isn't a given that it will be a top 10 pick - what if I am correct and they do challenge for a spot and say the pick is now 15 or 20 OA - not bad in such a deep draft, but this weakens the package.
  • I like the Rackell add and I agree he can net at least what LA got for Toffoli - solid prospect (like Madden) and a 2nd and at the most another 1st rounder.
  • Jackson LaCombe nice prospect, but Sabres have Power, Samuelson, Johnson all who play LD not to mention Dahlin and Bryson (who also has looked pretty good and he is young).
  • Tracey? Another area where the Sabres have a strong prospect pool of Wingers - Quinn, JPP, Rosen, Poltapov- IMO, are all much brighter and stronger prospects than Tracey.
  • Sabres have 2 equivalent G prospects in Portillo and UPL, so no need for Dostal.
IMO, this is where your OP gets lost by adding in prospects like LaCombe, Tracey, and Dostal, which obscures the value of the package.

IMO, I want Drysdale and MacTavish with '22 #1 and then I would counter to take on Henrique and ease $ and cap for the next 3 years... I also may want someone like Max Jones to round out everything. Ducks keep Rackell and if they do suck, then they can trade Rackell and get a 1st back in '22.

steve-harvey-huh.gif

Ducks are good, trade him to the Rangers. Ducks aren't trading 3 top 5 picks possibly even higher plus for Eichel.

Reactions: TK 421 and lwvs84

centipede2233

Sep 13, 2010
I agree, I don’t think eichel ends up in Anaheim. I say the rangers are the likely destination.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad