Jack Eichel or Elias Petterson?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who's better?

• Eichel and it's not even close

Votes: 8 12.9%
  • Eichel but it's close

Votes: 14 22.6%
  • Even

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Pettersson but it's close

Votes: 30 48.4%
  • Pettersson and it's not even close

Votes: 5 8.1%
  • Can't decide

Votes: 3 4.8%

• Total voters

Sasso09

Jan 2, 2009
Chicago
EP but it's very close. I feel like they're even offensively, with Eichel having an extra gear and higher ceiling he's never hit. But EP has the better defensive game. giving him the edge

Reactions: ghostingtaro

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
I said in the other Eichel thread that he’s one of those guys who tends to look better than his numbers and I think Pettersson tends to be the opposite. He can be quite flashy at times but a lot of what he does involves moving the puck out of harms way and into more dangerous areas efficiently and he’s been more productive than Eichel the past two years despite not always looking his best.

That said, his disappearing act in the second half last year was concerning even with the injury explanation. He’s now had two half-season where he became a shell of himself due to nagging injuries where either he can’t find other ways to contribute or the physical problems seem to get in his head. I’d be a little less concerned about the coming season/playoffs with Eichel instead imo.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
I said in the other Eichel thread that he’s one of those guys who tends to look better than his numbers and I think Pettersson tends to be the opposite. He can be quite flashy at times but a lot of what he does involves moving the puck out of harms way and into more dangerous areas efficiently and he’s been more productive than Eichel the past two years despite not always looking his best.

That said, his disappearing act in the second half last year was concerning even with the injury explanation. He’s now had two half-season where he became a shell of himself due to nagging injuries where either he can’t find other ways to contribute or the physical problems seem to get in his head. I’d be a little less concerned about the coming season/playoffs with Eichel instead imo.
I agree with this and it's probably Eichel until EP40 definitevely passes him but man it's really close.

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
Regular season, it's a toss up and likely I'd take EP for the full 82 if both were healthy.

When the games get tight and matter more, Eichel is who I'd pick.

Eichel is more effective, EP is more productive.

Had Eichel not got hurt, I'm quite confident he'd have been a top 5 centre in the league.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad