News: Jack Eichel not happy in Buffalo [JACK EICHEL MEGATHREAD] Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lindberg Cheese

Apr 28, 2013
Cambodia
Eichel had a Hart-worthy season last year, that was both with an awful coach and the dumpster fire that is called Buffalo.
His % share of the point total of the team was sky high, much higher than Matthews, and closer to McDavid.
If Eichel plays with a healthy neck for Buffalo next season, and Reinhart + a good goaltender + a good coach are a part of this team, then they are in playoff contention.

Yes, let them sulk.

However, I'm not sure if Adams/Pegula are in the works of making a wrong decision, that is they trade Eichel for scraps.
If I had a Hammer...la, la, la. A lot of Ifs in there starting with that neck thingy

Reactions: bleedblue94

2 others

Mar 9, 2021
If I had a Hammer...la, la, la. A lot of Ifs in there starting with that neck thingy
I'm just saying they don't need to sell him because he did a little whining in public. What do YOU do when your little kid starts whining in public?
Winning changes everything, and Eichel will be a happy camper once that happens.
I agree with you they have to figure out his neck. If his neck issues aren't going away with rehab, they have to find a way (surgery most likely i assume) to make it work for both sides.
It's a step by step program right now, and there are still ways to go before they have to trade him (which they don't atm).

Lindberg Cheese

Apr 28, 2013
Cambodia
I'm just saying they don't need to sell him because he did a little whining in public. What do YOU do when your little kid starts whining in public?
Winning changes everything, and Eichel will be a happy camper once that happens.
I agree with you they have to figure out his neck. If his neck issues aren't going away with rehab, they have to find a way (surgery most likely i assume) to make it work for both sides.
It's a step by step program right now, and there are still ways to go before they have to trade him (which they don't atm).
Hard to sell him at his lowest value, unless he forces the issue keep him I say

itwasaforwardpass

I'll be the hyena
Mar 4, 2017
Byfield AND Turcotte + 1st is too much. It's one or the other.

I'd add to Eichel just to get Byfield rather than trade for lesser pieces from other teams though.

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
Byfield AND Turcotte + 1st is too much. It's one or the other.

I'd add to Eichel just to get Byfield rather than trade for lesser pieces from other teams though.

I still want an explanation why the Kings would trade for a center at all?
Center is a position of strength and the reason why we are not winning is that we are fielding an old folks home.
If any we will trade for young scoring winger and that's it.
Would someone from the Rangers step forward and end this nonsense please?

itwasaforwardpass

I'll be the hyena
Mar 4, 2017
Center is a position of strength and the reason why we are not winning is that we are fielding an old folks home.

Maybe because Eichel is 24 year old top 5 center in the league and players like him at his age becoming available is a once in a decade opportunity.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
I sort of feel like every team would make an offer.

Could just list all 31 hypothetical offers in a google spreadsheet, and see which one Buffalo bites on.

Oilers would start with Holloway, Broberg and a 1st, and keep adding.
I'd imagine the Habs would start with Caufield, Kotkaniemi, a 1st and keep adding.

I feel like you could ransack any organizations top prospects if that's the direction you want to take.
If you want more immediate futures, I wouldn't be surprised if Jack Hughes+Hirschier / Kaako+Laf are on the table.

You must be doing the Perfect Drug . As it is the Oilers need cheap contracts with 21 million tied up in 2 players . Nurse will need a new deal next year which will be 7+ and you want to add another 10 million dollar deal .

Count the Oilers out on this deal or any other deal for Eichel . Oilers need 2 top 6 LW .

Good luck to Buffalo fans . It sucks ! As Oiler fan we been there . Hope you guys get a good big haul .

Reactions: Oilslick941611

Ledge And Dairy

Maybe because Eichel is 24 year old top 5 center in the league and players like him at his age becoming available is a once in a decade opportunity.
He'll be 25 3 weeks into the next season and he's not a top 5 center in the league. He's also currently recovering from a major injury that hasn't seemed to heal properly

Reactions: Dr Quincy

itwasaforwardpass

I'll be the hyena
Mar 4, 2017
He'll be 25 3 weeks into the next season and he's not a top 5 center in the league. He's also currently recovering from a major injury that hasn't seemed to heal properly

Disagree about the top 5 center portion. He has been on an offensively inept team with incompetent coaching and surrounding support his entire career and still his counting stats are PPG and underlying numbers are among the best in the league.

The injury is a valid concern though, which is why I think the Sabres should keep him if they can for this season at the very least.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005

This many years into his career didn't you think the winning would've already started? It hasn't and it's pissing him off. They aren't making the playoffs next year either. He's going to whine and sulk and whatever 1st year coach BUF hires isn't going to be able to handle it.

Rinse repeat.

Ledge And Dairy

Disagree about the top 5 center portion. He has been on an offensively inept team with incompetent coaching and surrounding support his entire career and still his counting stats are PPG and underlying numbers are among the best in the league.

The injury is a valid concern though, which is why I think the Sabres should keep him if they can for this season at the very least.
He's likely a top 10 center but McDavid, Crosby, Mackinnon, and Draisaitl are all definitely better. Matthews, Barkov, and Malkin are all debatably better. He is not a sure-fire lock for top 5 like you are claiming

Reactions: Nikolajs Sillers

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee
He's likely a top 10 center but McDavid, Crosby, Mackinnon, and Draisaitl are all definitely better. Matthews, Barkov, and Malkin are all debatably better. He is not a sure-fire lock for top 5 like you are claiming

Malkin is in his mid 30's and cannot be counted on for a full season. Eichel is easily in the top 7 centers in the league.

Reactions: bernmeister

Ledge And Dairy

Malkin is in his mid 30's and cannot be counted on for a full season. Eichel is easily in the top 7 centers in the league.
Injury status obviously doesn't have relevance here considering Eichel only played 20 games this season. Not sure how being 30+ means Malkin isn't a top center in the league today

Top 5 and top 7 are not the same thing.

Reactions: Oilslick941611

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple

Market will dictate if any blue chip elcs are offered incl if any Cs.
Clubs can decide to go there or not if that threshold is met.

Separate thread:
Buch + Strome + 2021 1st + LD prospect Reunanen + BUF 2021 3rd
for
Vilardi

he's not sure fire top 5
top 10
and he is more coveted than Malkin given Geno has signif wear and tear

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
You must be doing the Perfect Drug . As it is the Oilers need cheap contracts with 21 million tied up in 2 players . Nurse will need a new deal next year which will be 7+ and you want to add another 10 million dollar deal .

Count the Oilers out on this deal or any other deal for Eichel . Oilers need 2 top 6 LW .

We let Nuge walk, and buyout Neal.
Salary becomes a wash at that point.

rangersfansince08

Oct 8, 2019
This year? Lol what are you talking, he played without a neck. Stop it.
I knew you can't hear yourself.

You're seriously taking shots at Laf's point totals in which he played on the third line and got no PP time? LOL. You're right Laf sucks. let's leave him out of the trade talks and talk more about close to point per game Ryan Strome.

Team Cozens

Oct 24, 2013
Burlington
Depends on the prospect you are talking about.

Maybe Byfield doesn't have the ppg that Eichel does. Maybe he gets close. That and his contract make him more attractive.

Maybe Eichel's injury means we've seen the best of him.

Maybe Eichel is what he's always been- a talented offensive player who doesn't necessarily play the most responsible kind of game and maybe Byfield is close in points but does those other things.

Maybe a team can have a prospect get close enough and they can use that other 8 or 9 million to add something else.

Teams and fans could be wrong about that. Chances are slim that Dylan Cozens becomes as good as Anze Kopitar... but would BUF make that deal? Hell no. So obviously there is more to it than just that.
Lots of maybes in your Byfield analysis. Kings have a shot at one more run with Doughty and Kopitar. They can’t wait three years to see if Byfield develops if they are truly interested in a playoff run. Personally, I prefer Turcotte over Byfield and Kakko. Eichel is impossible to replace and they need to hang on till next years trade deadline when they can open up the number of potential destinations exponentially.

2 others

Mar 9, 2021
We let Nuge walk, and buyout Neal.
Salary becomes a wash at that point.
If you add Eichel and let him play on the 3rd line, you wouldn't need any defencemen anymore. Just roll 3 lines with McDavid, Draisaitl and Eichel. Your team would be so dominant offensively, just put pylons in front of your goalie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad