Player Discussion Jack Campbell

Patch101

Feb 27, 2002
Kamloops
I have zero trust that he can do anything for us in the playoffs. Thank God we have Skinner.

Definition of unreliable would have Jack's picture next to it.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
What are we going to do with this guy, he's horrible!
Waive him to the minors and then buy him out in the summer.

Oh and fire Holland.

It's no wonder Toronto couldn't make it out of the first round. They'll probably win the cup this year. It's a miracle they were able to get it to game 7s with Campbell in net.

5 goals on the final 13 shots of regulation.

Literally the worst goalie in the league.

Last edited:

NotAVacuumSalesman

The Guide And Record Book™
Jun 19, 2017
He's fking trash holy shit

NO FKING CLUTCH GENE IN HIS FKING BODY.

CAMPBELL IS THE DEFINTION OF A FKING LOSER

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009
Campbell is disgustingly bad

I’d dump him to Sản Jose along with the other cap dumps on this team for Karlsson’s entire 11.5M

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
He is not a bad goalie but he is very streaky af. Don’t ever know which one is going to show up good soup or bad.
I'd say that that is the definition of a horrible goalie though. Take the worst goalie in the league (and lets assume he isnt Campbell, for arguments sake) and I bet they have a bunch of amazing saves and even some impressive games

The best measure of quality goaltending is consistency

Reactions: Stoneman89

Oilhawks

Over Old Hills
Nov 24, 2011
Going to go against the grain here and say I think he’ll be okay. But he definitely needs to have a break (again). Hopefully Skinner is back next game

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Going to go against the grain here and say I think he’ll be okay. But he definitely needs to have a break (again). Hopefully Skinner is back next game
Your outlook has the advantage of being the only option we have.

We don't have a choice. His buyout would be bad and no one will trade for all those years of him, unless it was something a first round pick for every year left on his deal.

So yeah. Just keep at it. Keep trying with him but don't be afraid to go to Skinner when Jack slumps

Oilhawks

Over Old Hills
Nov 24, 2011
Your outlook has the advantage of being the only option we have.

We don't have a choice. His buyout would be crushing and no one will trade for all those years of him, unless it was something a first round pick for every year left on his deal.

So yeah. Just keep at it. Keep trying with him but don't be afraid to go to Skinner when Jack slumps

I think he’s shown enough good flashes that games like tonight could be exceptionally rare. He was trash but there have been losses where the team basically ‘let it happen’. A better defensive structure and upgrade on D and he’ll be looking a lot better.

Patch101

Feb 27, 2002
Kamloops
Jack ....
jack.png

Zguy370

Dec 25, 2007
Waive him to the minors and then buy him out in the summer.

Oh and fire Holland.

It's no wonder Toronto couldn't make it out of the first round. They'll probably win the cup this year. It's a miracle they were able to get it to game 7s with Campbell in net.

5 goals on the final 13 shots of regulation.

Literally the worst goalie in the league.
Totally agree. And we think that bringing EK65 is going to solve our defense, with this dud in nets? Laughable. Mikko Koskinen any day any time over this guy.
I thought it was just some bad outings he had at the beginning of the season and figured he'd get better as he'd settle on a new team and environment. this guy is a joke.

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
21 out of 24 points since new years. We can blame him for the last 2 games, but should we really expecting him to be perfect?

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Trade him to San Jose for in a Karlsson deal. He's not a difference maker, if the Oilers need to score 5 goals for him to win, well you can find 20 different goalies that could do the same shit.

Patch101

Feb 27, 2002
Kamloops
Points dont matter, just save %

Perfect

When it comes to analyzing a goalie, numbers matter yes.
Just because the Zamboni driver won, doesn't quality him as a good goalie.

You can try to outscore your problems, but they are going to catch up to you in the playoffs.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
21 out of 24 points since new years. We can blame him for the last 2 games, but should we really expecting him to be perfect?
2.82 GAA .900 sv% in that time span

Considering the Oilers have the 3rd best expected goals against in the league over that time frame, that is embarrassing.

Make no mistake about it, the Oilers were winning games despite Campbells average goaltending during his little hot streak. And now that that average goaltending is back to miserable goaltending he's back to costing the team games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad