NHL Entry Draft: Jabba11's rankings

Jabba11

Hockey Lobby
Nov 28, 2009
hockeylobby.blogspot.com
This is not a mock draft; it is really my rankings of the best 30 prospects for this years draft.

1. Jonathan Huberdeau
2. Gabriel Landeskog
3. Sean Couturier
4. Ryan Nugent-Hopkins
5. Adam Larsson
6. Ryan Murphy
7. Ryan Strome
8. Nikita Kucherov
9. Mika Zibanejad
10. Dougie Hamilton
11. Nathan Beaulieu
12. Duncan Siemens
13. Joel Armia
14. Matt Puempel
15. Jamie Oleksiak
16. Zack Phillips
17. Mark Scheifele
18. Brandon Saad
19. Phillip Danault
20. Jonas Brodin
21. Nicklas Jensen
22. Sven Bartschi
23. J.T. Miller
24. Rocco Grimaldi
25. Tomas Jurco
26. Vladislav Namestnikov
27. Alexander Khokhlachev
28. Brett Ritchie
29. Boone Jenner
30. Tyler Biggs

Reactions: EdJovanovski

Leafssss

Jun 23, 2010
CANADA
not+sure+if+serious.jpg

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
Bump. My mom was right ;)

In all seriousness, very proud to have predicted Kucherov that high. Of course, nobody is perfect but I stumbled over this rankings that I forgot I made. Ouff this is sick!
You had Ryan Murphy ahead of him, so it isn’t really some great prediction. More like random variance. There were people who thought he could become the best player of the draft, even back then. You weren’t one of them, apparently.

Reactions: Jabba11

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
You had Ryan Murphy ahead of him, so it isn’t really some great prediction. More like random variance. There were people who thought he could become the best player of the draft, even back then. You weren’t one of them, apparently.
Give the man cred. You saw that Kucherov was holding the u16 pointrecord for all time, it is a mystery why he easnt higher at rankings at the time, even KHL factor considered. It was a weak year for talents for sure, so they may have thaught that pointrecord was nothing? I know hockeyknowledged people in sweden said that Kucherov in a normal case would had been the actual No.1, but becasue the rusdian factor and the scouts are NA heavyfavoured, Kuch was not considered as he should had been.

Funny stuff in here otherwise, grimaldi >>> JT miller. Where is McNeil in your ranking, and all hyoe for aryan Murphy.. lol.

Reactions: izlez and Jabba11

Jabba11

Hockey Lobby
Nov 28, 2009
hockeylobby.blogspot.com
Give the man cred. You saw that Kucherov was holding the u16 pointrecord for all time, it is a mystery why he easnt higher at rankings at the time, even KHL factor considered. It was a weak year for talents for sure, so they may have thaught that pointrecord was nothing? I know hockeyknowledged people in sweden said that Kucherov in a normal case would had been the actual No.1, but becasue the rusdian factor and the scouts are NA heavyfavoured, Kuch was not considered as he should had been.

Funny stuff in here otherwise, grimaldi >>> JT miller. Where is McNeil in your ranking, and all hyoe for aryan Murphy.. lol.
Thank you!

Nobody's perfect with mocks and rankings but interesting to see this was 13 years ago..actually crazy it's been 13 years already!

I remembered not liking Mark McNeill too much, didn't see his upside and sadly he never panned out either for Chicago.

Ryan Murphy's hype was definitely there, I got caught in it. Reminded me of a better version of Ryan Ellis hahaha or similar.

Huberdeau was great in juniors and had a tremendous draft season, definitely a riser and I just like how he was more dynamic than RNH and Landeskog back then.

Overall, crazy draft to think about it!

Killswitch

May 22, 2022
Great call on Kucherov. Every single year people pretend to have a clue on drafts and every single year it looks ridiculous in hindsight. Grimaldi? lmao. No worries. There'll be plenty of laughs on this years draft comments as well

Dan Kelly

Sep 27, 2017
There's already been a big laugh at the draft as Anaheim took Sennecke #3 overall !! :laugh:

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Overall not bad, there were a couple you got wrong like Ryan Strome over Nikita Kucherov that one is........no. But overall pretty good.

Wild to see Matt Puempel.

Tyler Biggs, Tyler Biggs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad