Speculation: J.T. Miller for Kevin Fiala +

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Szechwan

Sep 13, 2006
Don't like this from a Van POV unless that + is significant. Its clear Miller might not be a fit, but he's a damn good player. Fiala is super skilled, but he's streaky and kind of a douche - plus we need an RHD waaaay more.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Russo's been floating the same idea, more or less, though it just seems like him trying to connect dots. Miller would be a great addition to Minnesota and Fiala's almost certainly going to be traded by the 2022 draft, but after the buyouts and everything else this seems like a waste of an asset (or assets).

Wouldn't surprise me at all if Guerin saw Miller's contract expiring right as the dead cap ratchets up to $15m as a plus and not a minus, as much as that sort of thinking annoys me.

Reactions: elitepete

Prior

Jan 18, 2020
This Wild fan likes Miller but not all that interested if they are adding much to Fiala.

Prior

Jan 18, 2020
1st line PPG player for 2nd line player (roughly .75 PPG player)
#2/3 Dman for a #4/5

seems fair to me

How’s Vancouver’s quest for a capable top-ish pair RHD going? What RHD you think you are getting for a Miller/Myers package?

Sota Popinski

Registered Boozer
Sponsor
Apr 26, 2017
Minneapolis
#2/3 Dman for a #4/5

seems fair to me
Tyler Myers is dogshit and worse than a replacement level player. He has negative value. If it seems fair to you, then you are underestimating how toxic Myers contract is.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
#2/3 Dman for a #4/5

seems fair to me

Going back to the 2019-20 season, Fiala has been the 47th highest scoring forward in the league while playing with bottom six players. He has put up nearly identical numbers to Boeser while playing with bottom six players. It will never cease to amaze me how hot the takes get from Canucks fans when it comes to Fiala. It's like the Spongebob meme with Patrick and his wallet.

Reactions: TwiztedHeat

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
1 for 1 I can understand. I don’t want to add anything to Fiala. We play him with minor leaguers and he’s highly productive. I don’t want to find out what he could do with Petterson.
Fiala was electric in that play in series and I was so sure he was going to break out.

1 for 1 doesn’t make sense for the Canucks though which scares me because Benning is desperate. A PP1 PK1 PPG powerforward should be traded for high futures, not another compete piece with the state the Canucks are in.

Reactions: Nucks2477

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad