Prospect Info: Ives 2024 Final NHL Draft Rankings

Brooklyndevil

Jun 24, 2005
Freehold, NJ USA
I’m all for Nygard, however, this kid Eiserman is interesting. They say he’s the best goal scorer in the draft, decent speed, good forechecker, good size and his defense isn’t has bad has some say. Plus, you can teach defense and back checking. They believe he can be a 40 goal scorer and I like that he plays for the U.S., program.

Reactions: StevenToddIves

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
I’m all for Nygard, however, this kid Eiserman is interesting. They say he’s the best goal scorer in the draft, decent speed, good forechecker, good size and his defense isn’t has bad has some say. Plus, you can teach defense and back checking. They believe he can be a 40 goal scorer and I like that he plays for the U.S., program.
I think most of us are gun-shy with him because of Holtz. Similar things were said about him too.

Reactions: My3Sons

ninetyeight

Jun 3, 2007
Finland
Holtz is/was way more of a complete package than Eiserman. Eiserman as a shooter is on a completely different level though (up there with Bedard). However he's selfish, has a junior hockey mentality, isn't very interested in the defence game and his compete levels could be described as lazy, disinterested, unmotivated.. But that shot though. Maybe he could be coached into a more complete package so he's not a double-edged sword that stabs you as much or more than the opponent.

StevenToddIves

May 18, 2013
Brooklyn, NY
I know you hate comparisons to current players, but from everything written about MBN, I'm picturing a Coleman-esque type player as a floor and a Brady Tkachuk ceiling. Meanwhile, I'm picturing Lindstrom as a Matthew Tkachuk type if he hits his ceiling.

Eiserman seems like a bit of a gamble, but I wonder how much my aversion of him is based on our Holtz experience.
When comparing Nygard -- which is tough because he's one of the more unique players in this draft class -- I'd say Nichushkin might be the closest current example. I've also used "faster Mark Stone", which is not dead on but has some similarities.

StevenToddIves

May 18, 2013
Brooklyn, NY
Yeah I'm not gonna lie, the thought of Eiserman on Jack's wing does intrigue me. Gives me flashbacks to those USDP Hughes-Caufield days. But Jack has developed into a quite the goalscorer himself, and probably gains more from someone who can (= will) also defend, steal and pass the puck.

Unfortunately this year outside of Celebrini and Helenius I haven't been able to watch full games of these prospects. But I've watched a bunch of highlight/breakdown videos and read scouting reports and I'm pretty excited about everyone in the possible top10. Connelly, Parekh and Sennecke would be the only ones I'd be disappointed, along with possibly big reaches that could be picked with trading down.
Connelly won't be the pick. I don't want to get too into social issues which have nothing to do with hockey, but I think it's safe to say a team building around the superstar potential of two Jewish brothers is not going to draft a player who, among other things, was publicly and privately admonished for positing a swastika on Twitter.

Parekh also won't be the pick. The Markstrom trade gives the Devils two 1st round picks in a 4-year span and I can't see them both being used on RD.

Eiserman and Sennecke must be considered at least possible, but it's tough to see as likely considering Fitzgerald's many, many statements about making the Devils tougher to play against. Even if Buium, Silayev and Dickinson are all off the board there will be one or two of a group of several players who would fit that description available -- Solberg, Nygard, Helenius, Iginla, Chernyshov. I'd say even a guy like Beaudoin might be considered because he fills so many NJ needs and stated goals.

Captain3rdLine

Sep 24, 2020
Holtz is/was way more of a complete package than Eiserman. Eiserman as a shooter is on a completely different level though (up there with Bedard). However he's selfish, has a junior hockey mentality, isn't very interested in the defence game and his compete levels could be described as lazy, disinterested, unmotivated.. But that shot though. Maybe he could be coached into a more complete package so he's not a double-edged sword that stabs you as much or more than the opponent.
Not sure I agree with this. Holtz played a more complete game but doesn’t have as complete of a skillset. Eiserman is a better skater, stick handler, and stronger/more physical.

Holtz had to be more well rounded playing professional in Sweden.

StevenToddIves

May 18, 2013
Brooklyn, NY
I agree Eiserman is interesting. I also agree he's potentially the best pure goal scorer in this draft. But I disagree with a few statements here, as well.

1) Eiserman's defense -- it's really, really bad. If he were even average off the puck, he would probably be a top 5 pick. The whole reason he's falling out of the top 10 in all likelihood is his play off the puck.

2) "You can teach defense and back checking" -- not really true. Though we can probably agree that defensive play normally improves organically throughout a player's career, a general proclivity or the lack thereof rarely changes drastically. Can we name a player who was a defensive liability at the start of their career who became an ace defender during their career? Most players who start their career as Jeff Skinner-types end their careers as Jeff Skinner-types.

ninetyeight

Jun 3, 2007
Finland
Not sure I agree with this. Holtz played a more complete game but doesn’t have as complete of a skillset. Eiserman is a better skater, stick handler, and stronger/more physical.

Holtz had to be more well rounded playing professional in Sweden.

I've seen some scouting reports say he's a great skater (like capfriendly) and I've watched breakdowns where he gets past defenders who were facing the other way and the video narrator says "look how he blasts through these defenders", well no shit he was in motion and the d's had to do a 180. Plus who knows what caliber defenceman these are. Same with his physical play, he's nowhere near the actually physical guys like Lindstrom and Nygård. The game in SHL is way tougher than in US junior program, him looking more physical there doesn't really mean much. It's easy to dismiss Holtz now that we've seen him for few years already, but Eiserman will have similar hurdles in the NHL, maybe more despite being a better shooter.

Captain3rdLine

Sep 24, 2020
I've seen some scouting reports say he's a great skater (like capfriendly) and I've watched breakdowns where he gets past defenders who were facing the other way and the video narrator says "look how he blasts through these defenders", well no shit he was in motion and the d's had to do a 180. Plus who knows what caliber defenceman these are. Same with his physical play, he's nowhere near the actually physical guys like Lindstrom and Nygård. The game in SHL is way tougher than in US junior program, him looking more physical there doesn't really mean much. It's easy to dismiss Holtz now that we've seen him for few years already, but Eiserman will have similar hurdles in the NHL, maybe more despite being a better shooter.
He’s absolutely a better skater. He’s not a speed demon but he’s good edges and agility. Holtz doesn’t whatsoever. His skating won’t be an issue at the NHL level and it’s far better than Holtz.

He’s also more physical just because he actually throws hits most chances he gets and he’s able to because he’s a better skater.

I think Holtz’s biggest hurdle to actually being physical is his skating. He can’t keep up well enough to throw hits. I think he’s actually a relatively solid dude.

Reactions: devilsblood

ninetyeight

Jun 3, 2007
Finland
He’s absolutely a better skater. He’s not a speed demon but he’s good edges and agility. Holtz doesn’t whatsoever. His skating won’t be an issue at the NHL level and it’s far better than Holtz.

"The biggest concern at this time with his skating is in his edges. While his crossovers do generate power and he uses them really efficiently, Eiserman does not use them enough. As a matter of fact, when watching his game, you’ll notice that he can take these wide, long turns that take him out of the play. It impacted his ability to have a big influence in the transitional game, specifically in regards to gaining the offensive zone. It also hinders his ability to defend. If the puck changes directions on him, he often does not stop on the puck to change directions with the play. Instead, he will loop back around and take several seconds to return to position. That won’t be tolerated at the NHL level and absolutely needs to be cleaned up. The worry is that this is more of a habitual issue, and for someone who has been playing this way his whole life, these habits could be difficult to fix."
Source: nhlentrydraft.com

"His skating is another major pain point in his game — he’s sporting neither quick acceleration nor high-end top speed, and it costs him in a rush-style offense and in transition. There’s no denying his skill in a cycle offense; he’s great at finding space to shoot when he doesn’t have possession of the puck and has a quick-fire trigger from tight spaces which can and should be considered a coveted asset. At the same time, his struggles with straight-line speed and acceleration don’t project particularly well to a rush-style system that’s reliant on speedy breakouts and capitalizing on odd-man rushes. Perhaps the bigger issue here is his lack of ability in transition. As a passenger player, his game projects fairly well: find space, get the puck, shoot, and score. As of right now, though, he isn’t going to be a player who brings the puck from zone to zone, and that’s a major issue in today’s speed-centric NHL. His speed makes it easier for defenders to poke-check the puck away from him while attempting a zone entry, and his lack of agility doesn’t help his case transitionally either."
Source: hockeywriters.com

"His skating needs work as he’s neither quick to accelerate nor has high-end speed which burns him in a rush-style offense and in transition."
Source: insidetherink.com

I have no idea why some claim he is a great skater and some don't, but considering he's playing against juniors he doesn't standout as a great skater to me. I also never said he was a better skater than Holtz, I was just saying there's a big leap from juniors to SHL to AHL to NHL. Skating has obviously been a weakness for Holtz, but he's taken big steps forwards with it and I didn't think skating was really a problem for him last season.

Captain3rdLine

Sep 24, 2020
"The biggest concern at this time with his skating is in his edges. While his crossovers do generate power and he uses them really efficiently, Eiserman does not use them enough. As a matter of fact, when watching his game, you’ll notice that he can take these wide, long turns that take him out of the play. It impacted his ability to have a big influence in the transitional game, specifically in regards to gaining the offensive zone. It also hinders his ability to defend. If the puck changes directions on him, he often does not stop on the puck to change directions with the play. Instead, he will loop back around and take several seconds to return to position. That won’t be tolerated at the NHL level and absolutely needs to be cleaned up. The worry is that this is more of a habitual issue, and for someone who has been playing this way his whole life, these habits could be difficult to fix."
Source: nhlentrydraft.com
"His skating is another major pain point in his game — he’s sporting neither quick acceleration nor high-end top speed, and it costs him in a rush-style offense and in transition. There’s no denying his skill in a cycle offense; he’s great at finding space to shoot when he doesn’t have possession of the puck and has a quick-fire trigger from tight spaces which can and should be considered a coveted asset. At the same time, his struggles with straight-line speed and acceleration don’t project particularly well to a rush-style system that’s reliant on speedy breakouts and capitalizing on odd-man rushes. Perhaps the bigger issue here is his lack of ability in transition. As a passenger player, his game projects fairly well: find space, get the puck, shoot, and score. As of right now, though, he isn’t going to be a player who brings the puck from zone to zone, and that’s a major issue in today’s speed-centric NHL. His speed makes it easier for defenders to poke-check the puck away from him while attempting a zone entry, and his lack of agility doesn’t help his case transitionally either."
Source: hockeywriters.com

"His skating needs work as he’s neither quick to accelerate nor has high-end speed which burns him in a rush-style offense and in transition."
Source: insidetherink.com
Disagree with a lot of it although as I said he’s not a speed demon. The first one doesn’t make much sense at all. It complains about his edges but then goes on to say he doesn’t use his efficient crossovers enough and describes him basically just being lazy and taking long turns and not stopping on pucks. Similar to some funny Jack Hughes complaints. They didn’t actually talk about his skating at all in that other than complimenting his crossovers kind of.

They basically said
-his skating is a concern
-his skating itself is good
-he has some habitual issues

He’s not a bad skater, but he doesn’t have a great motor and is slightly lazy at times.

ninetyeight

Jun 3, 2007
Finland
I trust your guys opinions, I haven't seen full games and I'm only going by reports and highlights. Whoever they pick I'm fully behind him and will root for him. I just think sometimes people tend to forget how many levels above NHL is to these junior leagues, where most players won't even become close to AHLers. Even a guy like Kaapo Kakko who looked excellent in Liiga and IIHF-WC, suddenly looks slow as hell and behind the play in the NHL.

Reactions: Captain3rdLine

Captain3rdLine

Sep 24, 2020
I trust your guys opinions, I haven't seen full games and I'm only going by reports and highlights. Whoever they pick I'm fully behind him and will root for him. I just think sometimes people tend to forget how many levels above NHL is to these junior leagues, where most players won't even become close to AHLers. Even a guy like Kaapo Kakko who looked excellent in Liiga and IIHF-WC, suddenly looks slow as hell and behind the play in the NHL.
You’re not wrong.

NHL is 3 steps faster, most young players are gonna gain a step as they develop and grow but ideally the player you’re taking is already at least a couple steps ahead of their peers.

StevenToddIves

May 18, 2013
Brooklyn, NY
You’re not wrong.

NHL is 3 steps faster, most young players are gonna gain a step as they develop and grow but ideally the player you’re taking is already at least a couple steps ahead of their peers.
I agree with this assessment. Skating is at the very top of my criteria when assessing a prospect. It's just so crucial in setting up every other tool. Speed kills, a lack of it kills you.

That being said, there is only one *poor* skater in my top 25, and that's Cole Beaudoin, who also happens to be one of my very favorite players in the entire draft class. That's a whole different off-topic story, but he's an incredibly smart kid who knows his skating is weak so he has adapted the rest of his game ingeniously around it.

There are, however, several players in my top 25 whose skating is simply *ok* and not a strength. This *could* become a problem at later levels as they develop and the competition gets faster around them. I'd include on that list:

Iginla
Helenius
Eiserman
Sennecke
Boisvert

Usually with a player lacking speed, the next things to look for are hockey IQ and compete level. This is to say, if you're not particularly fast, you'd better have great anticipation for where the play is heading, and you'd better be a high-end hustler. All 5 of these players have very good hockey IQ, but the only ones I'd characterize as "High-compete" would be Iginla and Helenius, and for Eiserman in particular it's actually a problem, as well.

Quite simply, this is why I have Eiserman ranked in the late teens even though he's the best pure goal-scorer in this draft by a country mile.

Does Eiserman have the ability to prove me wrong? Yes. I see the Holtz comparisons, but Eiserman is not just more talented than Holtz, he is very significantly more talented than Holtz. However, Holtz struggles in pace but I would never call him "lazy" or complacent, which are problems for Eiserman. I don't hate players like this but I don't love them, hence my relatively low ranking of Holtz in 2020 and my relatively low ranking of Eiserman this year.

In 2020, I did not *hate* the Holtz pick, but I said quite often that there was a far better option at RW on the board in Seth Jarvis (the consensus disagreed with me, as Holtz was firmly ranked higher on the average). This year if the Devils took Eiserman, I would say the same thing about Brandsegg-Nygard, again a player the consensus does not like as much as Eiserman but one I far prefer.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
Elite Prospects is pretty strong on skating. They gave Eiserman’s skating 5 (out of 9). (He’s #13 on their list.)
They gave Holtz’s skating a 6 in 2020, it was dropped to 5.5 in 2021 & 2022.

This was the section on Eiserman’s skating from June 11th article. (W/ video! Fun!)
When we were in the process of grading Eiserman’s skills for the 2024 Elite Prospects NHL Draft Guide, the two areas that seemed to have the least chance of being impactful at the NHL level were his hands and his feet.

Now, in saying that, he still projects to be around an average skater in the league. That alone is far from a death knell. But it does open up some question as to whether he’ll be able to create opportunities for himself as a pro, or if he’ll be overly reliant on a skilled playmaker to do the heavy lifting.

Eiserman has adequate straightaway speed. He can build acceleration through his crossovers and that allows a varied approach on the rush. At the junior level, he has the power to beat defenders flatfooted and burn them wide. It's unlikely to have the same effect against NHL defenders though.

What muddies the water a bit more, is that he really doesn’t employ much in the way of nuanced skating techniques. You won’t see him punch back against the grain, or open up his hips in a 10-2, heel-to-heel move. While he does utilize the ice sheet, he's not a manipulative east-west type that can adjust speeds to create deficiencies in the defence.

For the most part, he’s a competent mover, but not a dynamic or overly creative one.

Hockeyprospect.com gave Eiserman a 5 (out of 9). He’s 19 on their list.

His puck skills enable him to make some of those defenders look foolish, but this is not something we see translating as smoothly to the pro level without improvements to his skating. He’s not an explosive skater in transition, which will make it more difficult for him to achieve the same level of success in transitional play. In fact, we prefer him not to be the puck-carrier on his line; a strong, line-driving center who can carry the puck should be the one to open things up for Eiserman offensively. Eiserman’s lack of skating limits the effectiveness of his transitional game as a puck-carrier, but we see him more as a complementary scorer than the guy on his line driving the bus. Improvements in explosiveness are necessary for him to become a more impactful presence with his speed and transitional play, as his current skating abilities are something we feel are overrated for a player of his stature.

They gave Holtz’s skating a 6 back in 2020.

ninetyeight

Jun 3, 2007
Finland
In 2020, I did not *hate* the Holtz pick, but I said quite often that there was a far better option at RW on the board in Seth Jarvis (the consensus disagreed with me, as Holtz was firmly ranked higher on the average).

I think initially you had Holtz ranked as the best RW and around #5 overall. And then dropped him couple of spots in your final rankings. I think overally this place was pretty high on Holtz and some even prefered him to Raymond.

Holtz isn't the only one from the 2020 1st round who has struggled and been underutilized. I think he took few steps forward last season with limited minutes and I expect him to take another step this year with new coaching.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
I think initially you had Holtz ranked as the best RW and around #5 overall. And then dropped him couple of spots in your final rankings. I think overally this place was pretty high on Holtz and some even prefered him to Raymond.

Holtz isn't the only one from the 2020 1st round who has struggled and been underutilized. I think he took few steps forward last season with limited minutes and I expect him to take another step this year with new coaching.
2020 was an odd draft in some respects. By picks 6 and 7 you have Drysdale and Holtz and then later picks with lower ceilings and higher floors have done better. In retrospect I wish NJ had just gone for the center and picked either Rossi or Lundell.

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg

Not every one.
I has Holtz low. Raymond was my number one Quinn was the next. Mercer was the next.

I had Mercer as number 1 0rosoect after the draft.

I had Sanderson over Drysdale, Stuzle over Byfield and named Stuzle is more likable player than Laf. I had Sanderson and Raymond over Rossi. Didn't like Schneider. Peterka was one of my candidates for 20 pick. I had him 25 or something like that.
I had Edvinsson as top 5. When many writers and even Steve didn't have him as top 10.
I had Slafkovsky as 1 before every writer, before WC and way before pronman. I had Wright as number four. I had Gauthier as top 5 /6 before every writer. Yurov was my top 10.
Simashev was my 8-9 pick. Leonard was high on my lists. Of course Michkov.
Simple but Nico and Jack were my guys.

I had Nygard as our pick when things only started. But you know I had Perevalov as top 15. So why you would listen to me. So who cares, writers write. Guys like Pronman who has Catton higher than Demidov. Sennecke too? But they are names, with subscribers, so who will listen some guy with bad English. Mister Button doesn't watch players at all and putting some random through the whole list. And hockey writers on podcasts with the straight face are calling Sennecke as the nest playmaker when there are Catton and Demidov on the draft. Ronns of writers are talking about how Sennecke played well in the end of the season. Big body Sennecke. Against kids. When top player Ritchie joined his line. Hage lights out in the end of the season? Helenius was great in play off in liiga against men? Nygard was historically great in play off with 19 yo players on the line against harder competition?

Who cares. Consolidation rankings. Me, Steve and Evan pushed tonns of effort to make huuuge and deep analysis why some players have good potential, why some other have red flags, what is working on nhl level, what is not, with examples, with descriptions.

And I would say mostly I'm proud for hf boards Devils community. Majority decided to make a vote for Nygard and Helenius when event was there. So even if Fitz will decide to make a wrong decision to pick Catton 9r Sennecke - at least he will still add talented player to the roster. May be not the best future nhler, may be Nico, Jack and Bratt will help to the new devil to be better. But I still will be happy to remember that our effort wasn't meaningfulless and hfboarders were involved.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Not every one.
I has Holtz low. Raymond was my number one Quinn was the next. Mercer was the next.

I had Mercer as number 1 0rosoect after the draft.

I had Sanderson over Drysdale, Stuzle over Byfield and named Stuzle is more likable player than Laf. I had Sanderson and Raymond over Rossi. Didn't like Schneider. Peterka was one of my candidates for 20 pick. I had him 25 or something like that.
I had Edvinsson as top 5. When many writers and even Steve didn't have him as top 10.
I had Slafkovsky as 1 before every writer, before WC and way before pronman. I had Wright as number four. I had Gauthier as top 5 /6 before every writer. Yurov was my top 10.
Simashev was my 8-9 pick. Leonard was high on my lists. Of course Michkov.
Simple but Nico and Jack were my guys.

I had Nygard as our pick when things only started. But you know I had Perevalov as top 15. So why you would listen to me. So who cares, writers write. Guys like Pronman who has Catton higher than Demidov. Sennecke too? But they are names, with subscribers, so who will listen some guy with bad English. Mister Button doesn't watch players at all and putting some random through the whole list. And hockey writers on podcasts with the straight face are calling Sennecke as the nest playmaker when there are Catton and Demidov on the draft. Ronns of writers are talking about how Sennecke played well in the end of the season. Big body Sennecke. Against kids. When top player Ritchie joined his line. Hage lights out in the end of the season? Helenius was great in play off in liiga against men? Nygard was historically great in play off with 19 yo players on the line against harder competition?

Who cares. Consolidation rankings. Me, Steve and Evan pushed tonns of effort to make huuuge and deep analysis why some players have good potential, why some other have red flags, what is working on nhl level, what is not, with examples, with descriptions.

And I would say mostly I'm proud for hf boards Devils community. Majority decided to make a vote for Nygard and Helenius when event was there. So even if Fitz will decide to make a wrong decision to pick Catton 9r Sennecke - at least he will still add talented player to the roster. May be not the best future nhler, may be Nico, Jack and Bratt will help to the new devil to be better. But I still will be happy to remember that our effort wasn't meaningfulless and hfboarders were involved.
No writer can be 100% correct evaluating 18 year olds to decide what they might be like at 25. Sure you can watch the video and look at the numbers and make an educated bet but some will surprise and some disappoint. In balance you and @StevenToddIves and @evnted have done a great job prepping us and all of your thoughts are well reasoned even if there is plenty of room to disagree. Thanks for sharing your thoughts and don’t make any excuses to us since you’ve done the work so that lazy slobs like me can sit back and read your ideas rather than having to make any effort myself.

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
No writer can be 100% correct evaluating 18 year olds to decide what they might be like at 25. Sure you can watch the video and look at the numbers and make an educated bet but some will surprise and some disappoint. In balance you and @StevenToddIves and @evnted have done a great job prepping us and all of your thoughts are well reasoned even if there is plenty of room to disagree. Thanks for sharing your thoughts and don’t make any excuses to us since you’ve done the work so that lazy slobs like me can sit back and read your ideas rather than having to make any effort myself.
Its okay, it's fun for us. We would not make it without it.

There are no room to disagree, only for making or repeating mistakes.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018

Thanks to Votemeister General @Nubmer6 there were polls. Eight polls in fact.

Now a lot of people flip-flopped or evolved, as they evaluated the hell out of these prospects, because we waited approximately half our adult lives for this f***ing draft to happen.

Last 2019-20 Devils game: March 10, 2020.
2020 NHL Draft: Oct 6-7, 2020
6 months and 27 days

Those were truly the salad days of intense, endless, pointless prospect talk.

Note: I’m not throwing these up as a “you’re wrong, w/ receipts!” move, I only vaguely remembered some of this and wanted to check myself. (I also kind of regretted doing this after a while, because it took way too f***ing long to do, but what else is new.)

Winner - Drysdale 39.8%
Rossi 25.3%
Sanderson 22.9%
link
I’m not ratting out all the voters but @Poppy Whoa Sonnet gets a shout out as the only poster who can legitimately throw not drafting Askarov in our faces.
I voted Sanderson, because I spent a comical amount of time and energy waffling over Drysdale/Sanderson, and finally ended up on Team Sanderson.

IMG_8149.jpeg
IMG_8151.jpeg

Winner - Sanderson 50.9%
Rossi 29.1%
Raymond 16.4%
@StevenToddIves played a big part in spreading the Gospel of Sanderson here in the plague times.
link
IMG_8153.jpegIMG_8154.jpeg

Winner - Rossi 72.7%
Raymond 21.2%
No one else with more than 1 vote
This poll shows why the board did not react well to us passing on Rossi for Holtz.
link
FU Yzerman and everyone who got me to believe (ok, desperately hope) they might take Perfetti.

Showing the two voters who chose their own path as free men.
IMG_8155.jpeg
IMG_8156.jpeg

Winner - Raymond 72.7%
Holtz 10.6%
Perfetti 8.5%
So Raymond was more popular than Holtz here, who isn’t even the clear 2nd favorite after the winner.
link
IMG_8157.jpeg

Winner - Perfetti 39.2%
Holtz 35.3%
Two players with 9.8%
Bit of a surprise, but again, this was why the board didn’t love the Holtz reveal.
link
I voted Holtz here, but IIRC it was because I wanted him to beat Perfetti, who I didn’t want us to take.

I want to point out that’s completely psycho, nonsensical logic. If Perfetti lost this one then he would win the next poll. f***ing weirdo lol.

I had a weird paranoia about us taking Perfetti, who I was very wary of. I thought if all the players I wanted were gone Fitz would take Rossi or maybe Perfetti.

For some reason it didn’t dawn on me that we would really take Holtz. (Yes, that’s called being completely wrong lol.)

IMG_8159.jpeg

Winner - Holtz 65.5%
Quinn 24.1%
Askarov 6.9%
link
Huh, I voted Askarov, don’t remember that.
IMG_8160.jpeg

Winner - Quinn 54.8%
Askarov 22.6%
Jarvis 19.4%
link
IMG_8161.jpeg

Winner - Jarvis 61.1%
Askarov 27.8%
Two players with 1 vote
link
IMG_8162.jpeg

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
Thanks to Votemeister General @Nubmer6 there were polls. Eight polls in fact.

Now a lot of people flip-flopped or evolved, as they evaluated the hell out of these prospects, because we waited approximately half our adult lives for this f***ing draft to happen.

Last 2019-20 Devils game: March 10, 2020.
2020 NHL Draft: Oct 6-7, 2020
6 months and 27 days

Those were truly the salad days of intense, endless, pointless prospect talk.

Note: I’m not throwing these up as a “you’re wrong, w/ receipts!” move, I only vaguely remembered some of this and wanted to check myself. (I also kind of regretted doing this after a while, because it took way too f***ing long to do, but what else is new.)

Winner - Drysdale 39.8%
Rossi 25.3%
Sanderson 22.9%
link
I’m not ratting out all the voters but @Poppy Whoa Sonnet gets a shout out as the only poster who can legitimately throw not drafting Askarov in our faces.
I voted Sanderson, because I spent a comical amount of time and energy waffling over Drysdale/Sanderson, and finally ended up on Team Sanderson.

View attachment 887784
View attachment 887785

Winner - Sanderson 50.9%
Rossi 29.1%
Raymond 16.4%
@StevenToddIves played a big part in spreading the Gospel of Sanderson here in the plague times.
link

Winner - Rossi 72.7%
Raymond 21.2%
No one else with more than 1 vote
This poll shows why the board did not react well to us passing on Rossi for Holtz.
link
FU Yzerman and everyone who got me to believe (ok, desperately hope) they might take Perfetti.

Showing the two voters who chose their own path as free men.
View attachment 887838
View attachment 887803

Winner - Raymond 72.7%
Holtz 10.6%
Perfetti 8.5%
So Raymond was more popular than Holtz here, who isn’t even the clear 2nd favorite after the winner.
link

Winner - Perfetti 39.2%
Holtz 35.3%
Two players with 9.8%
Bit of a surprise, but again, this was why the board didn’t love the Holtz reveal.
link
I voted Holtz here, but IIRC it was because I wanted him to beat Perfetti, who I didn’t want us to take.

I want to point out that’s completely psycho, nonsensical logic. If Perfetti lost this one then he would win the next poll. f***ing weirdo lol.

I had a weird paranoia about us taking Perfetti, who I was very wary of. I thought if all the players I wanted were gone Fitz would take Rossi or maybe Perfetti.

For some reason it didn’t dawn on me that we would really take Holtz. (Yes, that’s called being completely wrong lol.)

View attachment 887816

Winner - Holtz 65.5%
Quinn 24.1%
Askarov 6.9%
link
Huh, I voted Askarov, don’t remember that.
View attachment 887825

Winner - Quinn 54.8%
Askarov 22.6%
Jarvis 19.4%
link

Winner - Jarvis 61.1%
Askarov 27.8%
Two players with 1 vote
link

Sadly, I don't even VAGUELY remember running those polls. I think Alzheimer's has set in.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad