GDT: Ivan Demidov's KHL Season Opener

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

BergevinBurner

Sep 27, 2019
I love how the camera cuts to a close up to Metallurg's coaches face every time they score and he has absolutely no reaction, just a blank stare lol.

• Haha
Reactions: Troyp

SannywithoutCompy

Dec 22, 2020
Nothing to do with Demidov, but man goals should not be disallowed because of incidental contact with a goalie standing outside his crease.

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
It was obvious from early on that Demidov was going to get "punished" by SKA when it became clear of his intentions to play in the NHL as soon as his contract was up. SO, the NHL team that drafted him knew this going in. It might even be a reason why he was even available at five.

Another season in the MHL or a loan-out to the VHL was always going to be the outcome here. SKA never intended to sign Kuznetsov to play with Demidov. But it may have been with the intention to drop Demidov further down their depth chart.

The kid has to buy out his own contract if he really wants to come to NA, so it is unlikely. He would probably be in Laval anyway, so it probably does not make financial sense for him. Does a season in the VHL hurt his chances of being ready for Montreal in 2025-26? Maybe. But I think the Canadiens (now) know how to handle young players, so I don't think it (where he plays this season) will ultimately be a big deal.
How does this work with the fact that he made the roster and is playing with Kusznetsov?

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
How does this work with the fact that he made the roster and is playing with Kusznetsov?
tin.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: Paddyjack

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Nothing to do with Demidov, but man goals should not be disallowed because of incidental contact with a goalie standing outside his crease.
The worst part is it was the goalie who initiated contact.
If he leaves his glove hand in place there is no contact and no goal.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Didn’t you agree to his comment?
When I was pissed and things were looking bleak! Lmao

But everything that's happened since then has only been encouraging from SKA to get him on the team and play him
The coach backed up the talk, that seemed like he was just fan servicing us but alas, there he is

JIMVINNY

Nov 9, 2007
When I was pissed and things were looking bleak! Lmao

But everything that's happened since then has only been encouraging from SKA to get him on the team and play him
The coach backed up the talk, that seemed like he was just fan servicing us but alas, there he is
I wouldn't be at all surprised if this is an attempt by SKA to get him to sign an extension, and when they realize that's not happening, I wouldn't be surprised to see Ivan buried on the 4th line or sent down.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
I wouldn't be at all surprised if this is an attempt by SKA to get him to sign an extension, and when they realize that's not happening, I wouldn't be surprised to see Ivan buried on the 4th line or sent down.
Lol *puts tin foil hat back on*
Exactly, it's going *too* well :laugh:

Luckily it definitely feels like Demidov is adamant no matter what about coming over ASAP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad