Pre-Game Talk: It's official: Leafs vs Bruins [Game 1 on Wed]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just Rude

"I'm listening to the *** song!!!"
Oct 15, 2005
The Leafs will win the series and Kessel is going to shut a lot of people up.

Write it down.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
The Bruins suck and they're running on fumes. They might be ripe for the pickin', in any case, I hope Tyler Seguin needs to make a visit to the dentist's office after this series before the golf course...

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Kessel has to show up. I know he will. He's been taking hits, throwing hits, scoring points, key goals for the last month.

I think JvR is going to be great against Boston.

DrizzyTO

OVO
Mar 21, 2013
Sanctuary ||
My thoughts from the GDT:

Not worried about Boston to be honest. Yes, I still think they'll beat us in a series, even though they've been dreadful lately (we haven't been much better), but it'll be a good test for our young players and we'll see if Kessel can finally step up against the Bruins. Plus, I could deal with losing to Boston much better than losing to Montreal.

Finally, there's no pressure for us to win that series. We will be the underdogs, which may work in our favour. If we lose, we were expected to. If we win, we slay the dragon so to speak.

This as well.

ForzaItalia

Mar 23, 2008
Toronto, ON
Pressure is all on Boston IMO especially after losing in the first round last season to the Caps. They'll also be favoured so Leafs get to relish the underdog role.

All the Leafs need to do is win Game 1 and it will be interesting while instantly changing the dynamics of the series.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Really need JVR and Lupul to step it up here .... Those are our keys to this series, get them going to help take pressure off Kessel to score (which will help increase Kessel's productivity), allow Kadri to use his nifty mittens and throw the body around, and let the checking line do their thing

We're literally going to war here boys, we HAVE to BURN THE ****ING BOATS

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
I don't understand all the negativity here. It might actually be better that we are facing the struggling Boston instead of Montreal.

We have played very well against them this year (the last two games against them for sure) and I don't expect the Leafs to get swept by them.

Go Leafs go. It's been 9 years people. Let's enjoy this moment for once :)

i know. i don't realise why everyone was all "GO HABS." I've been saying for weeks: Just because we're really good against Montreal in the regular season didn't mean it was going to be a cakewalk for us in the playoffs.

Playing Boston will be GOOD for us. regardless if we win, or lose, it will help go further in the long run. I don't think it will be a sweep.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
My starting line up.

Bozak(pls be healthy, if it's a Thurs start a blessing in disguise)Kessel, JVR
Kadri Lupul Kule
Mcclement Komarov Macarthur or Frattin
Colborne Orr Mclaren

Dion Gunnar
Liles ROB
Franson Fraser

Reimer all the way

Leafy Undergrowth

Feb 4, 2013
Oh man, beating the Bruins would be soooo sweet. If they can pull it off, I'm hoping it will once and for all shut up the commentators who feel the need to bring up the ****ing trade at every opportunity. It's going to be brutal listening to them through this series though. GLG!

leafstilldeath*

Dear Bruins Killer M. Grabovski,

Please wake the **** up. We need you to show up like you have in the past against the Bruins. Thanks.

sincerely,
Leafs Nation

cup67

May 8, 2010
TORONTO
Kessel has to show up. I know he will. He's been taking hits, throwing hits, scoring points, key goals for the last month.

I think JvR is going to be great against Boston.

IT HAD TO GO THIS WAY, 1ST TIME AFTER 9 YEARS AND SINCE WE GOT KESSEL, BOSTON HAD TO BE THE 1ST TEAM TO MEET IN THE PLAYOFFS:nod:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad