Pre-Game Talk: It's official: Leafs vs Bruins [Game 1 on Wed]

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

RASHBEEP

Sep 18, 2010
as a hockey fan, this series will be entertaining as hell.

as a habs fan, cant believe im gonna say this.....go Leafs go. If any team is going to crush your playoff run, I want it to be mine.

Habs handed the 2nd seed to the Bruins on a silver plater for the past two week and they still came up short a point. B's are a mess, I think all the pessismist Leafs fans shoudl rejoice, I think it'll be easier than you think.

Its gonna be fun to watch and I gotta admit, its fun to see you guys back in the playoffs again.

Good luck and hopefully see you in the 2nd round.

good luck to you too, rather see the habs win over ottawa

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Bergeron Seguin and Marchand

Krejci, Lucic and Jagr

Horton is still out.

Going to be interesting how RC matches these lines.

sangreale

Feb 21, 2008
Its not about how the Leafs put up a good fight against the B's this year. I am concerned about how they finished up their last stretch of games. Something had better change and fast.

4evaBlue

Bottle of Lightning
Jan 9, 2011
Wonder how long before we'll have to start a Part 2 of the pre-game thread. By Monday night? It's been a loooooong time coming.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Its not about how the Leafs put up a good fight against the B's this year. I am concerned about how they finished up their last stretch of games. Something had better change and fast.

It's their first playoff series in a long time and the entire city and parts of most of the country is behind them...they aren't going to lay down and lose.

Trust me. Win or lose, we'll be proud of the way the Leafs play in this series.

EDDIE20*

Right on, there was no way the Leafs could beat the Sens, they were too young fast, talented and so on, this has a definite similar feeling, it's a coin flip at worst, take it to them and give the skill guys room, hammer their D!

Bingo! According to the "experts", we weren't even supposed to be in that series. Over in 3, according to some. Funny how things work out.

jomas

Aug 23, 2008
snows too much
Canucks fans want the Bruins to win? LOL wtf :laugh:

Canuck fans have always been immensely butthurt about the kind of attention the Leafs get.
The amount of pain leaves them to wish the worst upon us in every scenario possible, they've tried (and succeeded at times) to be the most annoying fans in the NHL.
It's no surprise they want the Bruins to win. It's best to ignore everything they say while we make our way to the cup.

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
It's a chance, in front of EVERYONE, to show that the Bruins don't "own" us anymore. It would be the ultimate redemption, just to win this series in their building.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Pi, Interactif, You, Me and everyone else who is go Leafs! can tralalala.
everyone else can go away.

I believe in this team.
I have faith in this team.
we're going to be fantastic.

Penalty Kill Icing*

Full schedule below. Note that Game-6 and Game-7 would be back-to-back.

medium.png
| Visitor | Home | Radio | Time | TV Network / Results | GDT Assigned to:
Wednesday, 1 May 2013|Toronto|Boston|TBD|7:00 ET|CBC
Saturday, 4 May 2013|Toronto|Boston|TBD|7:00 ET|CBC
Monday, 6 May 2013|Boston|Toronto|TBD|7:00 ET|CBC
Wednesday, 8 May 2013|Boston|Toronto|TBD|7:00 ET|CBC
*Friday, 10 May 2013|Toronto|Boston|TBD|7:00 ET|CBC
*Sunday, 12 May 2013|Boston|Toronto|TBD|7:00 ET|CBC
*Monday, 13 May 2013|Toronto|Boston|TBD|7:00 ET|CBC

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Think the Bruins 3rd line is their weakness, they never have replaced Ryder and their 4th line is not what it used to be also. If we can win the battle of the 3rd line, we will have a distinct advantage.

That's breaking it down folks, you got to think like a coach, and this is an area we can win.

Schenn

In Rod We Trust
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
Huron County
Excellent. The game is on Wednesday. I have my first ball practice on Thursday. Glad I don't have to miss it!

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Pi, Interactif, You, Me and everyone else who is go Leafs! can tralalala.
everyone else can go away.

I believe in this team.
I have faith in this team.
we're going to be fantastic.

Winning playoff games is doubly hard, but we have the right coach and Farish as assistant. These 2 have Cup rings, they will keep the guys loose and focused. The inexperience doesn't worry me, it may have counted ions ago, but today, I am not so sure.

glue

Jan 30, 2006
Toronto
Its funny..just a day ago seemed like habs and leafs fans wanted to kill each other..and now all of sudden for the time being its set aside (atleast for the vast majority)...if there's a team the habs hate more then the leafs its the Bruins and if there's a team the Leafs hate more..its the Sens....hopefully the leafs vs habs rivalry will continue in rd 2..although I HIGHLY doubt it...

EDDIE20*

Its funny..just a day ago seemed like habs and leafs fans wanted to kill each other..and now all of sudden for the time being its set aside (atleast for the vast majority)...if there's a team the habs hate more then the leafs its the Bruins and if there's a team the Leafs hate more..its the Sens....hopefully the leafs vs habs rivalry will continue in rd 2..although I HIGHLY doubt it...

I'm with you on this one. Melnyk doesn't deserve to see the second round.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Full schedule below. Note that Game-6 and Game-7 would be back-to-back.

medium.png
| Visitor | Home | Radio | Time | TV Network / Results | GDT Assigned to:
Wednesday, 1 May 2013|Toronto|Boston|TBD|7:00 ET|CBC
Saturday, 4 May 2013|Toronto|Boston|TBD|7:00 ET|CBC
Monday, 6 May 2013|Boston|Toronto|TBD|7:00 ET|CBC
Wednesday, 8 May 2013|Boston|Toronto|TBD|7:00 ET|CBC
*Friday, 10 May 2013|Toronto|Boston|TBD|7:00 ET|CBC
*Sunday, 12 May 2013|Boston|Toronto|TBD|7:00 ET|CBC
*Monday, 13 May 2013|Toronto|Boston|TBD|7:00 ET|CBC

why? why why why?!
a Friday, AND a SUNDAY game?
and a back to back? (oh goodness).

Think the Bruins 3rd line is their weakness, they never have replaced Ryder and their 4th line is not what it used to be also. If we can win the battle of the 3rd line, we will have a distinct advantage.

That's breaking it down folks, you got to think like a coach, and this is an area we can win.

who is our third line? Grabo line? McClemment line?

Winning playoff games is doubly hard, but we have the right coach and Farish as assistant. These 2 have Cup rings, they will keep the guys loose and focused. The inexperience doesn't worry me, it may have counted eons ago, but today, I am not so sure.

I know, and I agree.
I do think having some sort of experience will help, but I've also seen a lot of playoff hockey. there's always a cinderella, and truthfully, I think that's us. there's no magical "feel good happy!" team in the west, and the Sens used up their magical feel good happy in the regular season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad