Pre-Game Talk: It's official: Leafs vs Bruins [Game 1 on Wed]

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Pi, Interactif, You, Me and everyone else who is go Leafs! can tralalala.
everyone else can go away.

I believe in this team.
I have faith in this team.
we're going to be fantastic.

You bet ;).

I feel very positive about this team against the Bruins

There is no reason why the Leafs can't win. They just have to be patient and realize that there are no shoot outs or points for being fancy.

Just don't make the little errors that compound into a big goal against.

All I want is that the Leafs make them work hard for every goal they score.

garce

Mar 20, 2010
Too close to Ottawa and Montreal
Think the Bruins 3rd line is their weakness, they never have replaced Ryder and their 4th line is not what it used to be also. If we can win the battle of the 3rd line, we will have a distinct advantage.

That's breaking it down folks, you got to think like a coach, and this is an area we can win.

Depth is the key, the Leafs have it now good young players are vying just to get in the line up if there are injuries viable replacements are in place. This team can go deep.

Muston Atthews

Bunch of Bangerz
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
lol frazer mclaren just retweeted this, awesome account too

Leo Komarov ‏@CorporalKomarov 32m

games is announce. until Wednesday i eat raw meats and drink motors oil. will be ready for the Beanietown Bears. #Leafs #KomarovUnchained
Retweeted by Frazer Mclaren

ShooterMikgaven

Sep 1, 2009
Sarnia, ON
This is gunna be wild one. We absolutley need a split in beantown though or it could be done quick. I see it shaping up as a 6 or 7 game war, and I think we could pull it out.

Anyone know when the broadcast schedule will be out for CBC? I'm out in Calgary and I'm worried that if the we have a game on the same night as the Habs-Sens they'll air that instead being 2 Canadian teams, gawd forbid.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
You bet ;).

I feel very positive about this team against the Bruins

There is no reason why the Leafs can't win. They just have to be patient and realize that there are no shoot outs or points for being fancy.

Just don't make the little errors that compound into a big goal against.

All I want is that the Leafs make them work hard for every goal they score.

this is going to sound so weird -

the Leafs remind me of my goddaughter. (she's 6 now).
but when she was a toddler, if she thought she made a mistake (even if she made one) she'd totally, completely fall apart.

I think Randy needs to let them know that making mistakes are going to happen, and it's okay. Don't freak out over the ONE turnover. (because by freaking out you'll lead to more turnovers, etc). i think THEIR motto should be "Keep Calm, and Play our Game."

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Depth is the key, the Leafs have it now good young players are vying just to get in the line up if there are injuries viable replacements are in place. This team can go deep.

who is our third line? Grabo line? McClemment line?

I know, and I agree.
I do think having some sort of experience will help, but I've also seen a lot of playoff hockey. there's always a cinderella, and truthfully, I think that's us. there's no magical "feel good happy!" team in the west, and the Sens used up their magical feel good happy in the regular season.

I would have to think Mcclement, Komarov and ?

You never know with Randy, could be Grabo, Orr, Macarthur, or even Frattin.

veedubn1

Jun 7, 2010
The Leafs ****ed up. Bruins in 5. Can't believe we choked so badly on Saturday night and now have to face a team that regularly thumps us.

Not only do they have our number, but they're one of the few teams that can "out tough" us and I'm not sure what team everyone has been watching the last two weeks but the Leafs are playing just as bad as the Bruins right now.

We're playing like **** and I don't think we'll be able to turn it around quick enough to beat this championship calibre squad. Nearly every guy on their team has a championship ring and we have JVR with a couple playoff rounds under his belt and not much after that.

I love my Leafs but it pains me to watch them get pushed around like they always do when they play the Bruins.

****!

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
This is gunna be wild one. We absolutley need a split in beantown though or it could be done quick. I see it shaping up as a 6 or 7 game war, and I think we could pull it out.

Anyone know when the broadcast schedule will be out for CBC? I'm out in Calgary and I'm worried that if the we have a game on the same night as the Habs-Sens they'll air that instead being 2 Canadian teams, gawd forbid.

oh crap. I didn't think of that.
grr. HATE Living in Calgary.

we're playing wednesday, saturday, monday (games 1-2-3) on CBC so ... I'm assuming that's the CBC's first pick, yeah? if they show me Ottawa/Montreal, I'll be mad.

I would LOVE to win Game one. strike early, get the pressure off us. our goal is to get the split.

LEAFSIN4

Jan 14, 2013
Grabo is going to be the X-Factor in this series.

I can see our D being able to handle Boston's offence. I'll say Leafs in 7.

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
I would have to think Mcclement, Komarov and ?

You never know with Randy, could be Grabo, Orr, Macarthur, or even Frattin.

would Colborne play 4th line minutes?
(does he even PLAY?)

that is so tough. Grabo's speed would really help.
Orr's physicality would be a benefit.
Frattin could be our X-factor.

who am I kidding. GRABO could be our Xfactor if he could turn it on.

Penalty Kill Icing*

why? why why why?!
a Friday, AND a SUNDAY game?
and a back to back? (oh goodness).

Lots of things go in scheduling. 5/8 series have back-to-backs (all 3 in western conference). Teams, arenas and broadcasting network (NHL has to deal with CBC, TSN and NBC) each have their own demand. NHL will not do what Leafs want if NBC wants something else.

Why upset with Friday game? This is the first time we'll be playing on Friday anyways.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
oh crap. I didn't think of that.
grr. HATE Living in Calgary.

we're playing wednesday, saturday, monday (games 1-2-3) on CBC so ... I'm assuming that's the CBC's first pick, yeah? if they show me Ottawa/Montreal, I'll be mad.

I would LOVE to win Game one. strike early, get the pressure off us. our goal is to get the split.

Don't worry, you will get the Leafs-Bruins game. Those series only collide on May 12th...so if there is a Game 6, I'm not sure what game you would get.

TMLeafer

Rest in Peace Johnny Bower
Mar 23, 2008
Hockey Mecca, ON
Oooh baby! This is a great test for our young team. A chance to really climb over this hill. Motivation from being the underdog will be huge. Not the best scheduling though. Friday is fine, but Sunday + Leafs, and the back-to-back games 6 and 7, I'm not a fan of.

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
Grabo is going to be the X-Factor in this series.

I can see our D being able to handle Boston's offence. I'll say Leafs in 7.

special teams will totally come into play too.

we're 2nd in the league in the PK and 14th on PP.
Boston was 4th in PK and 29th on the PP.

that's going to be a MAJOR factor.
they scored very little - and give up very little.
we score a lot. and we can have the tendency to give a lot.
(key word there can: we can also shut it down hardcore).

mikebel111*

what is it with some people
we have competed win these bruins all season
bruins will get a run for their money
go leafs go

Lebanese Leaf

Sep 19, 2009
Toronto, ON
The Leafs ****ed up. Bruins in 5. Can't believe we choked so badly on Saturday night and now have to face a team that regularly thumps us.

Not only do they have our number, but they're one of the few teams that can "out tough" us and I'm not sure what team everyone has been watching the last two weeks but the Leafs are playing just as bad as the Bruins right now.

We're playing like **** and I don't think we'll be able to turn it around quick enough to beat this championship calibre squad. Nearly every guy on their team has a championship ring and we have JVR with a couple playoff rounds under his belt and not much after that.

I love my Leafs but it pains me to watch them get pushed around like they always do when they play the Bruins.

****!

February 2nd: Boston 1-0 Toronto
March 7th: Boston 4-2 Toronto (4th goal was EN)
March 23rd: Boston 2-3 Toronto
March 25th: Boston 3-2 Toronto (SO, doesn't count as a win in playoffs, so this is a tie IMO)

So of the 4 games this season, Boston won 2 one-goal games, Leafs won 1, and 1 was a tie. I would argue we 100% should have won that SO loss game, if not for coughing up the lead.

Tell again where we got thumped?

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
would Colborne play 4th line minutes?
(does he even PLAY?)

that is so tough. Grabo's speed would really help.
Orr's physicality would be a benefit.
Frattin could be our X-factor.

who am I kidding. GRABO could be our Xfactor if he could turn it on.

I think we need a physical 3rd line, one you can throw out there and not worry about defensively, RC has gone Grabo, Mcclement, and Komarov until we get a lead, then it's Mcclement, Komarov and Kule double shifting.

All I'll say is if we have to depend on Grabo, that's a very inconsistent under performer to be your X factor, but he is better against the B's than the Habs, so I hope he shows up.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
what is it with some people
we have competed win these bruins all season
bruins will get a run for their money
go leafs go

I am so glad that most of these guys are just fans and not players. I bet they would have the same mentality if they were pro hockey players.

Give up before the puck is dropped.

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
Lots of things go in scheduling. 5/8 series have back-to-backs (all 3 in western conference). Teams, arenas and broadcasting network (NHL has to deal with CBC, TSN and NBC) each have their own demand. NHL will not do what Leafs want if NBC wants something else.

Why upset with Friday game? This is the first time we'll be playing on Friday anyways.

oh, I know
I'm just not used to Friday :laugh:

It sucks though they are playing on Mother's day. I'll have to miss Survivor. (there goes my ironman streak. Playoffs totally trump survivor).

Don't worry, you will get the Leafs-Bruins game. Those series only collide on May 12th...so if there is a Game 6, I'm not sure what game you would get.

I suppose what they decide to make national. I doubt they make the Leafs "regional" during playoffs though..

Oooh baby! This is a great test for our young team. A chance to really climb over this hill. Motivation from being the underdog will be huge. Not the best scheduling though.

i agree. i wanted this one in my gut.
i was fine with whomever, even Washington.

LEAFSIN4

Jan 14, 2013
special teams will totally come into play too.

we're 2nd in the league in the PK and 14th on PP.
Boston was 4th in PK and 29th on the PP.

that's going to be a MAJOR factor.
they scored very little - and give up very little.
we score a lot. and we can have the tendency to give a lot.
(key word there can: we can also shut it down hardcore).

Boston likes to play a clean game, keep pressure in the offensive zone, and capitalize off of turnovers. If we can keep the giveaways to a minimum, I don't see how Boston will score... factor in their injuries, and the only thing they have going for them is experience.

Lebanese Leaf

Sep 19, 2009
Toronto, ON
You guys are also not talking enough about Super Saiyan Kadri, the next level this kid plays at in the playoffs. Was PPG in the AHL playoffs last year while playing hurt before shutting it down, and in junior, he was 1.5 PPG in his draft year during the playoffs and 2.25 PPG in his post draft year.

He is a big game player, I expect amazing things.

LEAFSIN4

Jan 14, 2013
I don't expect Kessel to have a great series as Chara will probably be matching up with him all series, however I think this opens things up for Lupul/Kadri/Grabo.

TMLeafer

Rest in Peace Johnny Bower
Mar 23, 2008
Hockey Mecca, ON
LOL...someone put this up at Kennedy Station :laugh:

BIvX1buCAAQjL4T.jpg:large

:handclap:

Awesome!

lol frazer mclaren just retweeted this, awesome account too

Leo Komarov ‏@CorporalKomarov 32m

games is announce. until Wednesday i eat raw meats and drink motors oil. will be ready for the Beanietown Bears. #Leafs #KomarovUnchained
Retweeted by Frazer Mclaren

:biglaugh: Great parody account.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad