Post-Game Talk: It's a Wiebe's World. Jets win 6-2.

DharmaBum

Just like a young Dave Ellett
Nov 14, 2010
Winnipeg
Going to be a lotta fun here come playoffs
M7yJzt6.gif

Jetster231

Mar 6, 2018
Temper the celebrations a bit guys. Chicago played a wide open firewagon type of game and did little to no "finishing their checks" Don`t think there`s a team in the League will beat us in such a game. But we sure as hell won`t see that type of game in the playoffs - no matter who we meet.

Look at Chicago's roster. Sure they are having a bad year and bad goaltending but still elite talent.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Nice to see Lits pot one. That line looked great tonight, so it'll be interesting to see what happens when Scheifele returns. Little works really well with Wheeler, and Connor is also a great complement. Do you put Scheif with Perreault and Roslo?
Agreed, he supports those guys so well and gives them the opportunity to jump in. He's so adept at knowing where the puck is going to be and getting there.

Full on fist pump from me when he buried that one, well deserved. Too bad Berube robbed him in the 3rd, a two goal game would have looked good one him.

Not for Perreault to have some luck. He was good tonight as well.

Reactions: Jet

avgard

Jan 8, 2017
very VERY frustrating whatching this game. waiting laine to go over 50 this total nightmares. his line not working lately at all. danish boy like blinded only skating to blue line and dumping pucks in and then self hunting for it. he never pass laine as of lately. seems like jealously reach higher and higher of levels as laine got closer to 50. feels like he dont want pass his ATARIfriend laine to reach teenageSUPERSTARDOM of superrarity in reaching over 50 record at this teenage. so frustrating. i see only one thing must here. separate these ATARIfriends. this line as of this and was it last game also, got locked much at own zoun and throwing many icingpucks and so on. not much playing in this line. first games was ok but now there is wall a come. only dumping and hunting and locked in own zoun. then also buff jeopardizing this line. very poor play. throwing pucks here and there. i can see laine also getting frustrated. very flipperized playing. no passing , no puckholding. shooting in like crazyhurry even if laine is available in good position etc etc. this EATEN ON LAINES CONFIDENCE.

PP is total catastrophy. buff and wheelesr shooting all the time. as soon they have puck they shoot or if they have laine available they dont pass. then if laine is not available they somehow try to search for a difficult pass. AND THEN THEY SHOOT AGAIN AND AGAIN AND PUCKS GETS CLEARED OF ZOUN AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN. AND LAINE GOTS TO NOT HAVE PUCK FOR ANYTHING!!!

STAY LAINE FOR 2 MIN AT ALL PP´s !!!

STAY LAINE FOR 2 MIN AT ALL PP ´s !!!

WINNIPEG WOULD GET FAME FOR LAINES 50 GOALS WHATS PROBLEM COACH!?!!?!!?!?!?

NOW COACH...NEXT GAME SET PLAYERS TO LAINES LINE AND INCREASING HIS ICETIMES!!!

FEEL SOMETHING WHO IS At PLAYINGMODE AT GAMES COACH????? BENCH PEOPLE WHO NOT COME TO PLAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TODAY COULD HAVE BENCHED DANISH SELFBOY ! doing something to laines line as it not working and games a couting down!!! order Wheelers not shooting all at pp´s and stop using buff at this! do something so it works better!

today was a bad game. lucky goals at first and then stopping playing. laines line total catastrophy. laine playd but not enough by his linemates. playing stupidly or lazy or like danish trying to do bad?

im sorry but this team must do some trading of its what some say good players...laine must have better players to play with. players that he can have fun playing with. players who actually can play at good levels. i see a Lemieux here with guys who like destroy for him more o like. he deserves better withplayers to reach huge amount of goals and Points. lets build a superline here. best for whole town

Sir avgard hockeypfrofssor

Last edited:

Afterburner

FREE UKRAINE
Sponsor
Jun 24, 2016
Dimension C-137
very VERY frustrating whatching this game. waiting laine to go over 50 this total nightmares. his line not working lately at all. danish boy like blinded only skating to blue line and dumping pucks in and then self hunting for it. he never pass laine as of lately. seems like jealously reach higher and higher of levels as laine got closer to 50. feels like he dont want pass his ATARIfriend laine to reach teenageSUPERSTARDOM of superrarity in reaching over 50 record at this teenage. so frustrating. i se only one thing must here. separate these ATARIfriends. this line as of this and was it last game also, got locked much at own zoun and throwing many icingpucks and so on. not much playing in this line. first games was ok but now there is wall a come. only dumping and hunting and locked in own zoun. then also buff jeopardizing this line. very poor play. throwing pucks here and there. i can see laine also getting frustrated. very flipperized playing. no passing , no puckholding. shooting in like crazyhurry even if laine is available in good position etc etc. this EATEN ON LAINES CONFIDENCE.

PP is total catastrophy. buff and wheelesr shooting all the time. as soon they have puck they shoot or if they have laine available they dont pass. then if laine is not available they somehow try to search for a difficult pass. AND THEN THEY SHOOT AGAIN AND AGAIN AND PUCKS GETS CLEARED OF ZOUN AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN. AND LAINE GOTS TO NOT HAVE PUCK FOR ANYTHING!!!

FEEL SOMETHING WHO IS A A PLAYINGMODE AT GAMES COACH????? BENCH PEOPLE WHO NOT COME TO PLAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TODAY COULD HAVE BENCHED DANISH SELFBOY ! doing something to laines line as it not working and games a couting down!!! order Wheelers not shooting all at pp´s and stop using buff at this! do something so it works better!

today was a bad game. lucky goals at first and then stopping playing. laines line total catastrophy. laine playd but not enough by his linemates. playing stupidly or lazy or like danish trying to do bad?

Selfish Danish boy! They should just change the name to the Winnipeg Laine's already and get it over with! :D

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Temper the celebrations a bit guys. Chicago played a wide open firewagon type of game and did little to no "finishing their checks" Don`t think there`s a team in the League will beat us in such a game. But we sure as hell won`t see that type of game in the playoffs - no matter who we meet.
Can still celebrate taking another step towards the playoffs. No one is declaring us the champs. Nothing to suggest this team can't adapt to any team they play and they have the goaltending to back it up.

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
I thought Andrew Copp had a really good game.

Really physical and made life miserable for the Hawks.

Trouba looked good in his first game back.

Other than the first 11 seconds, that was a lot of fun to watch.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
I think the Jets have proved they can play in tight games this year, they've proven to be pretty adaptable. Sure the Hawks opened it up pretty good tonight, and the Jets rightfully handed them their ass.

Reactions: Sixty Minute Man

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
very VERY frustrating whatching this game. waiting laine to go over 50 this total nightmares. his line not working lately at all. danish boy like blinded only skating to blue line and dumping pucks in and then self hunting for it. he never pass laine as of lately. seems like jealously reach higher and higher of levels as laine got closer to 50. feels like he dont want pass his ATARIfriend laine to reach teenageSUPERSTARDOM of superrarity in reaching over 50 record at this teenage. so frustrating. i see only one thing must here. separate these ATARIfriends. this line as of this and was it last game also, got locked much at own zoun and throwing many icingpucks and so on. not much playing in this line. first games was ok but now there is wall a come. only dumping and hunting and locked in own zoun. then also buff jeopardizing this line. very poor play. throwing pucks here and there. i can see laine also getting frustrated. very flipperized playing. no passing , no puckholding. shooting in like crazyhurry even if laine is available in good position etc etc. this EATEN ON LAINES CONFIDENCE.

FEEL SOMETHING WHO IS At PLAYINGMODE AT GAMES COACH????? BENCH PEOPLE WHO NOT COME TO PLAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8c453312b33819aa70cb54335c810660.jpg

Im gonna have a GIF hangover tomorrow.

brock0791

Jul 2, 2015
I'll take our 2nd place/rest of games meaningless when I'm in the stands March 31 vs Toronto

J999

Oct 5, 2017
So with Colorado winning tonight, they very well could be our first round opponent as well. They are only 1 point back of Minnesota with same amount of games played. Could be any of Minnesota, Colorado, or Dallas at this point

Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg
It was off side
Weird that NHL didn’t have more angles to look at

Perhaps not. Best I've found so far. Pay close attention to their feet. The photos are in perfect time with each other. With that said it begs the question where Toews on the far side from the puck was a fraction of a second earlier. A better tandem shot would have the puck on the line with a reverse angle capture. Regardless its a lot closer than I originally thought.
Screen Shot 2018-03-15 at 10.03.29 PM.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Halberdier

brock0791

Jul 2, 2015
Perhaps not. Best I've found so far. Pay close attention to their feet. The photos are in perfect time with each other. With that said it begs the question where the left winger was a fraction of a second earlier. A better tandem shot would have the puck on the line with a reverse angle capture. Regardless its a lot closer than I originally thought.
View attachment 105011

Even if he was 5 ft offside, I'd be mad at the linesman for missing it but I'm very ok with Toronto not overturning it without a conclusive 1 camera shot.

Reactions: Eyeseeing

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad