GDT: It's a great day for hockey!! Pens @ Oilers 9PM EDT, SN1 and TVA Sports

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I think this team is well beyond a coaching change making a difference. At some point this sort of fall off was going to happen. Not that I am making a case for Sullivan but at this point it doesn't matter, this team's days of being a contender are well behind it.

Hard to judge based on the fact we have 5+ years of dumbassery rewarded by the fact “it’s a tough league” from Sullivan.

Honour Over Glory

Blomqvist for Vezina + ROTY
Jan 30, 2012
I can’t recall a game in the last 5 seasons where the Penguins have given up more than 47 shots on net let alone 50.

Edit: The Tampa game in 2019 for Jarry (48 shots) and DeShit had 52 against Boston in 2021-22.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
Well.. I know I was a founding member as well.

Not only are we old, overpaid, slow .............we have to be the softest team ever assembled. What a great watch they are.

Dubas??? Lol

MARIO..............kept sully over JR...............that nuked the team. When sully shatt all over Cole, Reaves and Sprong.............I warned what was to come........... chickens ..........roost

BOSTON IS POISON

Yes.

Dubas was given the huge deal. Keeping Sullivan is on him. He can pull the trigger.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
This team obviously isn’t trying and wants to get the coach fired…Iol …I wonder how bad it’s gonna get because Sullivan is not getting fired…

Reactions: Gurglesons

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
This team obviously isn’t trying and wants to get the coach fired…Iol …I wonder how bad it’s gonna get because Sullivan is not getting fired…

It’s been this way for 3 years yet we get endless dumbasses like Dubas and Hextall defending this clown.

It’s honestly the most arrogant team in the league. We suck total ass, but if we just had “more emotion” we’d figure it out.

Reactions: Andy99 and ETA

PensPlz

Dec 23, 2009
Pittsburgh
Thats the excuse Yohe uses to prop up Sullivan, it shouldn’t matter how recent it was when it’s 5+ seasons ago. You should be judged on what you’ve done after those championships when you pass 3-4 seasons and then really should scrutinize when it hits 5+ seasons.

Sullivan has shown these issues for 7+ seasons. Not sure what Pettersson thought was going to happen, Nurse was a bad choice for him even if he’s fearless.
I agree. I say that as a slight against Tomlin not in defense of Sullivan.

In hindsight, Tomlin should have been fired when Tebow bagged him in Mile High. That was the sign of things to come. I think the Steelers have another SB win if Tomlin isn't coaching the Ben, Brown, Bell era. But after that, not firing Tomlin to losing to the Browns in a playoff game who didn't have their head coach present because of Covid protocol, is absolutely ridiculous.

In hindsight, Sullivan needed to go after losing to last place Montreal play-in series, after getting swept the previous year. Definitely after the second Islanders series. And absolutely ridiculous not to fire him after the Rangers series.

Honour Over Glory

Blomqvist for Vezina + ROTY
Jan 30, 2012
I agree. I say that as a slight against Tomlin not in defense of Sullivan.

In hindsight, Tomlin should have been fired when Tebow bagged him in Mile High. That was the sign of things to come. I think the Steelers have another SB win if Tomlin isn't coaching the Ben, Brown, Bell era. But after that, not firing Tomlin to losing to the Browns in a playoff game who didn't have their head coach present because of Covid protocol, is absolutely ridiculous.

In hindsight, Sullivan needed to go after losing to last place Montreal play-in series, after getting swept the previous year. Definitely after the second Islanders series. And absolutely ridiculous not to fire him after the Rangers series.
The Habs series is when I said he 100% should be fired, 2018 was more or less me wanting him gone because a coach openly beefing with a player and the petulant way he went about the Reaves situation, then talked up Brassard only to use him as shit as well as shitting all over the good work Sheahan did with rebounding his game for the Pens and being decent…it cost the Pens a 1st, Gustavsson and showed me at the time that the coach held way too much power and JR f***ed up by not putting him in line.

The Habs play in, that was just comical.

Nah. This is why McDavid will never win a cup.

He plays in decided games to rack up regular season points instead of resting.

He's a regular season hero and that's all he'll ever be.
While I am not a fan of McDipshit, I kind of get them doing that in a game like this, they have been struggling and playing like ass like the Pens, so building up any momentum and getting any demons out of their game, its whatever. Pens have done it before, the slash though, they can go f*** off with that bullshit.

They want to be pissy about a hit Petts threw that wasn’t dirty, they can go f*** right off.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad