GDT: It's a great day for hockey!! Pens @ Oilers 9PM EDT, SN1 and TVA Sports

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
I love Letang but someone gotta tell him he’s not 26 anymore

Oilers have moments where they can make anyone look bad - reminds me of this team with prime Sid + they did this to Florida in the Finals at time.. but we are just not close to the top anymore

Honour Over Glory

Blomqvist for Vezina + ROTY
Jan 30, 2012
This is different, that was a good team checked out, this is a bad team, terribly coached for many years withbterrible habits they can’t break out of it
I think the many years part is probably enough for that comparison actually. They’re a team that has had to play a shit system for long that it’s finally just taken its toll entirely.

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
Imagine if they had these cute little clips about off ice shenanigans between teammates in the 80’s?

“After leaving the bar at 2:30 am, Bill thought they would turn in for the night but his trusty teammate Ted came through with an 8-ball and they haven’t slept a wink before puck drop tonight.”

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012

Oilers have moments where they can make anyone look bad - reminds me of this team with prime Sid + they did this to Florida in the Finals at time.. but we are just not close to the top anymore
They needed to manage his minutes and usage for years. He has clearly lost a step and that’s something his game couldn’t afford to lose.

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018

Letang doesn't seem like the type of player who can reinvent himself. It's time to cut bait if at all possible.

Reactions: Le Magnifique 66

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
33 shots and 1 goal, I mean…I hate that for Blomqvist, he can only do so much. This team was already playing deflated, at best you can only hope it pisses them off enough to finally try.

Reactions: Le Magnifique 66

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
If Sullivan doesn’t resign ala Paul Maurice after getting outshot like this after a bad loss the man has zero pride
It’s his pride that won’t let him quit, because he literally thinks this is none of his fault. Pride with a massive dose of stubbornness in all the wrong ways.

Jarry has never played as well as Blom is playing tonight. I'd say the case is already made.
That’s entirely incorrect. Stop trying to make up shit. Blomqvist is playing insane, Jarry has also had these types of games for the Pens in the past, don’t rewrite history for your shitty narrative.

Reactions: Darren McCord

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
Ok Jack should be back in WBS, he needs to work on consistency in his game.

MS gets fired tonight we win tomorrow!
giphy.gif

Sportsnet glazing Crosby harder than the Pens broadcast does, apparently Malkin has never helped them do shit.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
The fact that the Oilers have been using their points ALL f***ing night and generating a lot of shots from it while our wings collapse low and let them roam with impunity and that we've made ZERO adjustments to that is telling.

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
That Beau-Eller-Glass line had 1 decent game, has been mediocre as shit since, but somehow Sullivan has it in his head it’s gotta be together and is great.

Beauvillier is such a useless player.

Edit: Bailed out by Off-sides for being dominated.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad