Proposal: It Was Only A Maatta Of Time: OTT + L.A. + DAL

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
Sens out: Tkachuk, Holden, 2022 2nd, NYI's 2022 7th
Sens in: Clarke, Vilardi, Maatta, Quick

Kings out: Clarke, Vilardi, Maatta, Quick
Kings in: Tkachuk, Holden, Holtby, OTT's 2022 2nd

Dallas out: Holtby
Dallas in: NYI's 2022 7th

Ottawa pick up a hometown RD prospect with upside in Clarke, a center with top 6 potential in Vilardi, while Quick gives them another veteran goalie who's not worth his cap hit. Swapping Holden for Maata was done for cap reasons, but Maatta can be flipped with retention in order to maximize his trade value

Los Angeles pick up a truculent young 1st line winger, a veteran Dman with half the cap hit in Holden to replace Maata, while also clearing the final 2 seasons of Quick's contract. Holtby gives them a veteran backup on a 1 year deal

Dallas make room for Oettinger by erasing the off-season's most baffling signing

Last edited:
Reactions: ottomaddox

Telos

In Byfield We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
There's no way LA deals Clarke this soon. I'd argue that he is as untouchable as Byfield at least for the present moment. They have been lauding him as a player LA has never had (a Karlsson kind of 4th forward defenseman with skill).

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
There's no way LA deals Clarke this soon. I'd argue that he is as untouchable as Byfield at least for the present moment. They have been lauding him as a player LA has never had (a Karlsson kind of 4th forward defenseman with skill).

They had Paul Coffey...

Reactions: Dutronc

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
Why would Ottawa trade Brady (future captain) for another defensemen and bad contracts? We already have Thomson, JBD, Sanderson, Kleven coming on defense. I'm not a big fan of Brandt anyway.

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
I try to figure out why on earth the Kings would do this?

We give up top notch prospects for a 20 goal scoring winger, a grandpa defender
and a backup goalie.

So basically everything we don't need.
Why ?????

Telos

In Byfield We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
They had Paul Coffey...

For 30 seconds :P But, I think they mean as a prospect within the organization. Either way, they're really high on the kid and most of our defensemen lean toward the defensive side of the game.

https://lakingsinsider.com/2021/07/...pproach-trading-up-quality-in-all-four-picks/

“If you go to Clarke, he’s something we’ve never had,” Yannetti said. “The style of play, the offense-driving, offense-first, borderline dynamic, offensive defenseman. Clarke is something different. I don’t want to compare guys, I don’t think that’s the fair thing, but what Clarke is, is something we haven’t had. He’s an offense-generating player. He can generate offense through transition, he can generate it individually, he can generate it on the blueline, all three ways.”

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Why would LA want Holtby when they just signed Petersen to a three year deal by the way? Why is Dallas involved?

If we presume that Brady Tkachuk is a coveted piece for LA, surely it can simply be a trade between just the two teams?

Something like Turcotte, Kempe, and Kupari for Tkachuk as a starting point. Not sure I'd want to do that though from LA.

Reactions: kinghock

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Ottawa already has some players like Brandt.
Hell no to Maata, Vilardi and Quick, All cap dumps.
What’s with all your junk Ottawa proposals, seems like incensed with Ottawa.

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
Sens out: Tkachuk, Holden, 2022 2nd, NYI's 2022 7th
Sens in: Brandt, Vilardi, Maatta, Quick

Kings out: Brandt, Vilardi, Maatta, Quick
Kings in: Tkachuk, Holden, Holtby, OTT's 2022 2nd

Dallas out: Holtby
Dallas in: NYI's 2022 7th

Ottawa pick up a hometown RD prospect with upside in Brandt, a center with top 6 potential in Vilardi, while Quick gives them another veteran goalie who's not worth his cap hit. Swapping Holden for Maata was done for cap reasons, but Maatta can be flipped with retention in order to maximize his trade value

Los Angeles pick up a truculent young 1st line winger, a veteran Dman with half the cap hit in Holden to replace Maata, while also clearing the final 2 seasons of Quick's contract. Holtby gives them a veteran backup on a 1 year deal

Dallas make room for Oettinger by erasing the off-season's most baffling signing
This is why these types of trades never happen!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad