Isles Prospect Talk 2020-21

Status
Not open for further replies.

buud

Ping Pong Predator
Oct 3, 2017
43N -79
the hit/misses in his drafts is what i mean. lou isn't awful by any means
ok. there is a few things he did when he first got here, like signing Hickey, that i think were bad moves, but i still have faith that he can at least be an average GM.

maybe years of Snow have made me too tolerant, but i am happy as a pig in shit, that we have him. :)

Reactions: FractionTwo

FractionTwo

Mar 3, 2021
ok. there is a few things he did when he first got here, like signing Hickey, that i think were bad moves, but i still have faith that he can at least be an average GM.

maybe years of Snow have made me too tolerant, but i am happy as a pig in shit, that we have him. :)
I think lou has been smart, and theres barely any impulsive spending also on players they don't really need as well. thats why lou has done well

danteipp

Aug 3, 2005
While I can understand anyone questioning the Holmstrom pick over say Tomasino, McMichael or any of the other forward prospects available at the time, I don't understand how anyone can be down on how Holmstrom has performed in the AHL so far.

As an 18-year old, Holmstrom put up solid numbers in Bridgeport last season, particularly catching fire at the end of the season. His numbers mirrored those of Rags super-hype prospect Vitali Kravtsov, and Holmstrom is both younger and had to catch up in terms of experience lost due to injury.

So far this year, Holmstrom was solid for Sweden in the WJC and has gotten off to a good start with the Sound Tigers in 7GP with 2G, 2A and 4Pts.

In a year or so, I could see Wahlstrom moving up to one of the top-2 lines and then the Isles start breaking in Holmstrom alongside JGP, so he learns the game the right way.

FractionTwo

Mar 3, 2021
While I can understand anyone questioning the Holmstrom pick over say Tomasino, McMichael or any of the other forward prospects available at the time, I don't understand how anyone can be down on how Holmstrom has performed in the AHL so far.

As an 18-year old, Holmstrom put up solid numbers in Bridgeport last season, particularly catching fire at the end of the season. His numbers mirrored those of Rags super-hype prospect Vitali Kravtsov, and Holmstrom is both younger and had to catch up in terms of experience lost due to injury.

So far this year, Holmstrom was solid for Sweden in the WJC and has gotten off to a good start with the Sound Tigers in 7GP with 2G, 2A and 4Pts.

In a year or so, I could see Wahlstrom moving up to one of the top-2 lines and then the Isles start breaking in Holmstrom alongside JGP, so he learns the game the right way.
Also holmstrom has a nice ripper and has very smart puck moving. He didnt get a goal in the juniors but he made some very good assists for team sweden with guys like gunler. I won't be shocked if he makes the isles roster out of camp next season if the opportunity arises and he keeps working on his two way game. Remember, this has been a org that waits at least a few more years for these kids to mature, and holmstrom is gonna work in bridgeport first in this shortened season.

danteipp

Aug 3, 2005
Also holmstrom has a nice ripper and has very smart puck moving. He didnt get a goal in the juniors but he made some very good assists for team sweden with guys like gunler. I won't be shocked if he makes the isles roster out of camp next season if the opportunity arises and he keeps working on his two way game. Remember, this has been a org that waits at least a few more years for these kids to mature, and holmstrom is gonna work in bridgeport first in this shortened season.

Agreed, thanks for your scouting report and views. What little I have seen from Holmstrom so far, seems to indicate a smart player who keeps the offense moving. As long as his health concerns, specifically freak injuries, are behind him, I think he will fit right in on the Isles in time.

FractionTwo

Mar 3, 2021
Agreed, thanks for your scouting report and views. What little I have seen from Holmstrom so far, seems to indicate a smart player who keeps the offense moving. As long as his health concerns, specifically freak injuries, are behind him, I think he will fit right in on the Isles in time.
Well I do feel thankful to have seen the world juniors this year, he does make good plays as well when not scoring. I think him, raymond and soderblom (both DRW prospects) looked the most mature on team sweden as well, so hopefully holmstrom keeps growing as a player. My one thing I want to see him do is get in the greasy area's like lee does, because those players are a very good kind to have on any lineup. He's still just 19

Reactions: danteipp

danteipp

Aug 3, 2005
Well I do feel thankful to have seen the world juniors this year, he does make good plays as well when not scoring. I think him, raymond and soderblom (both DRW prospects) looked the most mature on team sweden as well, so hopefully holmstrom keeps growing as a player. My one thing I want to see him do is get in the greasy area's like lee does, because those players are a very good kind to have on any lineup. He's still just 19

That would definitely be a good element to add to his game, but let's wait a bit until he has filled out a little more and found his man strength first? ;)

Reactions: FractionTwo

FractionTwo

Mar 3, 2021
That would definitely be a good element to add to his game, but let's wait a bit until he has filled out a little more and found his man strength first? ;)
hence why i said 19, but that comes with age and experience. I still want to learn how to be a better scout anyways

The Real JT

Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss. :(
Jul 2, 2018
Connecticut
William Dufour scored his 16th goal last night in a 7-3 win. Looks like he batted the puck in at the front of the net off a play that started behind the net.

Highlights of the entire game are on the Drummondville site. Hope your French is good.

And if you didn't know by now, he's got some size on him.

Way early to project his potential but he looks like a great pick.

FractionTwo

Mar 3, 2021
William Dufour scored his 16th goal last night in a 7-3 win. Looks like he batted the puck in at the front of the net off a play that started behind the net.

Highlights of the entire game are on the Drummondville site. Hope your French is good.

And if you didn't know by now, he's got some size on him.

Way early to project his potential but he looks like a great pick.
I think Michel Anderson (Eyes on isles contributor) has been covering this story on Dufour, but this is a very good pick late in round 5 (iirc), and this kid was a projected 2nd rounder last year. I hope he is a steal, but the Q's talent is various in the way it goes. And this kid also isn't scoring garbage goals as you said, he's been doing dirty work and scoring shorties also. For us, this is important in a winger starved team

buud

Ping Pong Predator
Oct 3, 2017
43N -79
I think Michel Anderson (Eyes on isles contributor) has been covering this story on Dufour, but this is a very good pick late in round 5 (iirc), and this kid was a projected 2nd rounder last year. I hope he is a steal, but the Q's talent is various in the way it goes. And this kid also isn't scoring garbage goals as you said, he's been doing dirty work and scoring shorties also. For us, this is important in a winger starved team
i'm pretty high on him too. we could use another big, banging, scoring winger.

FractionTwo

Mar 3, 2021
Alex Jeffries' season is over.

Merrimack canceled all remaining games apparently due to COVID cases.
Shame, but he's rather young and that is year 1 in college for him. Decent first season for him also, but I really don't have much trust in our track record with college kids sadly.

Reactions: The Real JT

FractionTwo

Mar 3, 2021
i guess im gonna take charge of this section now haha...
Any updates on Holmstrom?
still 4 points (2G, 2A) through 7 games, but a -5. I wouldn't put much thought into that +/- anyways for this team cos they stink. bridgeports next game also got PPD so we can't see him in action again. I think he'll be fine anyways

Lame Lambert

Fire Lou
Mar 5, 2015
i guess im gonna take charge of this section now haha...

still 4 points (2G, 2A) through 7 games, but a -5. I wouldn't put much thought into that +/- anyways for this team cos they stink. bridgeports next game also got PPD so we can't see him in action again. I think he'll be fine anyways
How does he look though? Is he showing NHL potential?

FractionTwo

Mar 3, 2021
How does he look though? Is he showing NHL potential?
From the tape i've seen so far, yeah he should be fine, and I did like the goals he scored as well because they did look like goal scorers goals to me. His off the puck play has also been fine, and I did see that a lot in the world juniors where he often did battle for pucks. To also correct myself, he had 5 assists, not 4 for team sweden
Bridgeport is where our forward prospects go to die
that is sadly true. place just kills every forward somehow

Reactions: Lame Lambert

Thrasymachus

Jul 1, 2018
From the tape i've seen so far, yeah he should be fine, and I did like the goals he scored as well because they did look like goal scorers goals to me. His off the puck play has also been fine, and I did see that a lot in the world juniors where he often did battle for pucks. To also correct myself, he had 5 assists, not 4 for team sweden

that is sadly true. place just kills every forward somehow
Brent_Thompson_2013-05-09.JPG

gykdycda8jw11.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad