Proposal: Isles-Jets

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Yashin for President

Jan 14, 2007
Bestchester
No thank you on Stafford, too inconsistent. If it was 5 years ago maybe. FYI Halak so underrated, has been great since he signed for the Isles minus the injuries. I would say whoever gets him in a trade will get a solid two years worth of goaltending. He's only 31!

go4hockey

Oct 14, 2007
Alta Loma CA
Halak is quite good. While I agree this trade does nothing for the Jets, let's clear up the fact that the major knock on Halak is being injury prone. Very, very injury prone.

And very very average and inconsistent. I would have no interest in having him as a starter.

pegcity

Feb 9, 2011
Winnipeg
You just expose Halak instead.

This is a big upgrade for the Jets in net and not much of a loss if at all up front. This is a great deal for the Jets there's no chance the Islanders would accept it though.

This

Stafford will likely get traded at the deadline for a 2nd or 3rd. You could probably have him for that (Jets may retrain some salary).

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
I wouldn't trust Halak right now and he has long history of being very streaky and inconsistent. Too much so to be a true #1 goaltender. He's amazing when he's on, but when he's off it makes you wonder how he still has an NHL job and he wavers from one extreme to the other far too much for my liking.

If I'm Winnipeg, I kick the tires on another goaltender, especially if you're going to expose him in the expansion draft. There's just about no point to doing this deal at that point.

I'd also honestly rather have Stafford, he's a versatile top-9 player and a decent skater. Not really a fan of Lee, but can work well on the power play. Too slow of a skater in my opinion for a team like Winnipeg that's looking to go in the more uptempo direction.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad