Isles @ Jets | Sun Jan 27 | 7PM | MTS Centre | Game 6 | "Late Edition"

Status
Not open for further replies.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
YWG...jets at isles? Let's take the last change and the crowd!

By the way, have you made it to a game yet?

Hahah! Fixed - that's what you get for copy/pasting stuff from last year.

Yes, I did: one fine hfboards member (who I won't name, in case he doesn't want his generosity to be disclosed) brought me to the home opener this year. Very impressive! Some bouts of quiet, but when the crowd ramped up, it was crazy. I've been to a few games at the ACC (including the TOR - WPG game last year when Scheif scored his goal), and it's never like that. Part of it is definitely due to the way the MTS Centre is setup / size, but certainly not all. I've also been to a game at the Bell Centre - similar size to the ACC, but MUCH louder, so it's not all due to the size of the facilities.

The loudest the ACC got that game was when a "Go Jets Go!" chant broke out in one section - it was boo'ed down. :laugh:

Was a lot of fun! My only dissappointment was the final outcome.

Lynk

Registered Bro
Apr 18, 2006
Ontario, Canada
At the end of the night:

aldo1.jpg

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
I can see the Jets going in an upward motion toward the opposition's face creating an almost intimidating like superhero force. With 1 player carrying the majority of the offensive load of course.

To that end.

Jets win 6-1.
Ron Hainsey scores 6 goals.

And an assist on the Islanders goal.

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
I kinda like the Montoya move for this game. It insulates Pavs from having a letdown after the Pens game and Montoya will be chomping at the bit to make a good impression. Hopefully he gets a charge from the crowd too...

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
I'm looking forward to see Montoya. I think it's a good decision and I'd make it, too.

As my last 2 predictions were right (and I had Buff highlighted in Jets fantasy) I'll try to get my streak to 3 in a row:

Jets 5
Islanders 2

Buff, Jokinen, Poni, Kane (2)

Enström with 3 assists.

Guerzy

I'm a fricken baby
Jan 16, 2005
It's pretty simple...

If we get up and at them the way we have shown we can get up and at them, we will be fine. If we don't get up and at them the way we have shown we can get up and at them, we will likely not be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad