Isles @ Jets | Sun Jan 27 | 7PM | MTS Centre | Game 6 | "Late Edition"

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
Last year, this would have been a sure-fire "from the highest of highs to the lowest of lows" moment for our Jets. They never seemed to come out strong against teams that they should have been able to handle. I think they've turned a corner this year and they seem as a team to have their collective head on straighter so to speak. Hope hope hoping tonight isn't a step backward...

Crazed Fan

Jul 9, 2011
Winnipeg
Aldo Montoya. I was talking with someone just yesterday about him. Why does the world want me to remember Aldo Montoya?

I am loving Little on the wing. Hope he gets a goal tonight.

Prot

Sep 21, 2011
Great job.

Fans going to the game: Let's keep it rockin' at the arena. The first game we certainly tried but the game was a dud. The Pen's game was pretty impressive in the second and third.

Wish I had gotten in on the 'Mario's pool boy' but it didn't make the lower bowl!

My fear: Jet's work so hard on the road and cast the number crunchers aside for some impressive results. Then yet again get up for a game that no one expected us to win.

This game will be hard to get up for. The crowd has to help get the intensity up. The players gotta dig deep to keep the momentum.

Any word on Montoya starting?

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
The isles first line of Moulson-Tavares-Okposo isn't in sinc. It could be because Moulson and KO stayed home, while Tavares played in Europe.

Hopefully, we'll see a well played, hard fought game.

Let's go Isles :handclap:

mzappa

Jets fans in space
Jun 27, 2011
PITT is back Feb15th. We'll do up the MARIOS POOL BOY chant arena-wide then :handclap:

Great job.

Fans going to the game: Let's keep it rockin' at the arena. The first game we certainly tried but the game was a dud. The Pen's game was pretty impressive in the second and third.

Wish I had gotten in on the 'Mario's pool boy' but it didn't make the lower bowl!

My fear: Jet's work so hard on the road and cast the number crunchers aside for some impressive results. Then yet again get up for a game that no one expected us to win.

This game will be hard to get up for. The crowd has to help get the intensity up. The players gotta dig deep to keep the momentum.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Last year, this would have been a sure-fire "from the highest of highs to the lowest of lows" moment for our Jets. They never seemed to come out strong against teams that they should have been able to handle. I think they've turned a corner this year and they seem as a team to have their collective head on straighter so to speak. Hope hope hoping tonight isn't a step backward...

I agree. I think this game will be very telling about this team. If they come out strong without any letdown and handle the Islanders like they should, it will say a lot about how they are progressing.

SCP Guy

Jun 21, 2011
The Peg
Do we see the Portuguese Man O War today???

Aldo_Montoya_-_Peter_Polacko_01.jpg

RonJon

May 18, 2011
Props to YWG for another awsome GD...errr BDT. We know we can play with the big boys. Its our equal and lesser than siblings we need to squash. Ok boys only one cookie left on the table...take it without mercy leaving your brother sitting crying in his dirty Islander diaper.

What says Bro better than the Blues Brothers :bb::bb::bb:

IslesBeBack*

Hey guys!

That Islanders logo is amazing. Absolutely brilliant. So good that I actually think the Islanders should be using that once they move to Brooklyn.

Anyways, the Islanders are not to deep with skill. They will play a hard game, and rely on Nabokov for some big saves. It's worked in Nabbys first few games.

Keep an eye on Keith Aucoin. Guy is tearing it up for us right now after being picked up off the waiver wire. He is really showcasing himself. Big on faceoffs and timely goals. Might net one or two tonight. He's on.

Tavares is in a funk right now. Not himself. He's either concussed or still adapting to the NA game after being in Switzerland for 6 months. Can't make a good pass, having a rough time in his own zone, etc. Not very good signs for a promising young player.

Who else? Isles have a sound defense (for once), and a really good PK.

As always, watch out for Grabner on the PK. He likes to use his long reach and hit the breakaway. He's usually due for 2 breakaways a game, so we'll see if he keeps up the average.

Otherwise, I would say both teams are about equal in terms of talent and direction. It's anybodys game IMHO.

Good luck and stay warm. Is it really -18 up there? Jesus. It's 25 degrees here and I can't take it.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
Hey guys!

That Islanders logo is amazing. Absolutely brilliant. So good that I actually think the Islanders should be using that once they move to Brooklyn.

Anyways, the Islanders are not to deep with skill. They will play a hard game, and rely on Nabokov for some big saves. It's worked in Nabbys first few games.

Keep an eye on Keith Aucoin. Guy is tearing it up for us right now after being picked up off the waiver wire. He is really showcasing himself. Big on faceoffs and timely goals. Might net one or two tonight. He's on.

Tavares is in a funk right now. Not himself. He's either concussed or still adapting to the NA game after being in Switzerland for 6 months. Can't make a good pass, having a rough time in his own zone, etc. Not very good signs for a promising young player.

As always, watch out for Grabner on the PK. He likes to use his long reach and hit the breakaway. He's usually due for 2 breakaways a game, so we'll see if he keeps up the average.

Otherwise, I would say both teams are about equal in terms of talent and direction. It's anybodys game IMHO.

Good luck and stay warm. Is it really -18 up there? Jesus. It's 25 degrees here and I can't take it.

Tavares could very well be concussed, given that Phaneuf crunched him good in Toronto.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Hey guys!

Thanks for stopping by. Yea it has warmed up a bit. Spent the most part of the week in the -25 to -30 range with the windchill into the -40 range. Of course that's Celsius not Fahrenheit.

Stej

Jul 28, 2006
The Kirk
For the recored, I feel spoiled to be a fan of a team with such amazing GDTs. Great job as usual (and that goes for anyone who ever takes the time to put so much thought into a GDT)!

:thumbu:

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
For the recored, I feel spoiled to be a fan of a team with such amazing GDTs. Great job as usual (and that goes for anyone who ever takes the time to put so much thought into a GDT)!

+ 1

:handclap:

King Woodballs

Captain Awesome
Sep 25, 2007
Your Mind

Dont get to high on them

Friday's is really going to disappoint you :laugh:

Lynk

Registered Bro
Apr 18, 2006
Ontario, Canada
I can see the Jets going in an upward motion toward the opposition's face creating an almost intimidating like superhero force. With 1 player carrying the majority of the offensive load of course.

To that end.

Jets win 6-1.
Ron Hainsey scores 6 goals.

Tdoe42

Jun 7, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
Great job.

Im gonna start 2 Extra Go Jets Go Chants because of this post!! :yo:

TCsmyth

Mar 25, 2011
YWG...jets at isles? Let's take the last change and the crowd!

By the way, have you made it to a game yet?

Conflicted Habs fan

"Beauty will save the world" - Dostoyevsky
Nov 23, 2011
Montreal
How to win:
You gotta zig when they zag, aim for the low stick side, outrun the trap, backcheck their forecheck, dump and chase, and use the flying W formation!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad