Post-Game Talk: Isles def. Canucks - 6-2 (Horvat x2)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
Another silly, low-percentage bet among many such bets in a desperate attempt to ice a full roster under the cap. Hope as a strategy, fully.
Disagree, up until this stretch he looked better and was cheaper than many disastrous backups around the league. Hutchinson for like three straight years comes to mind.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
That you Jim?

Oh wait when Jim played with it they never won the lottery.
ReliableCheerfulChrysomelid-size_restricted.gif

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Like for real, this past decade has been a miserable experience for any Canucks fan.
2 playoff appearances in 10 years ain't gonna cut it in this city.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Martin is the backup because they capped themselves out signing wingers.
Those wingers are the two best wingers on the team by a mile. Nothing wrong with those signings. And those types of improvements should be prioritized over a backup goaltender.

This was never a 1 summer turnaround nor do things happen linearly. If the likes of Garland and Boeser are moved (and I believe they will be) the importance of those signings I think will be clear. But yes they have to be moved. Standing pat through deadline and summer and my opinion changes drastically.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Martin has lost the mojo he had last year.

This is the nail in the coffin of this season. Needed to go on a run and did the opposite, and have a brutal stretch coming.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Disagree, up until this stretch he looked better and was cheaper than many disastrous backups around the league. Hutchinson for like three straight years comes to mind.

The issue, as it is basically everywhere with cap mismanaged clubs, is the depth generally, not Martin specifically.

Reactions: mossey3535

mriswith

Oct 12, 2011
IMO Tanev-Hughes would have drastically changed this team's fortune. You can get some decent NHL results if you have one great pair.
Agreed and I'm certain that Hughes would have had significantly better development in his all around game if he'd had Tanev around instead of being forced to learn how to compensate for and play around a rotating wheel of bottom pairing calibre partners

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad