Confirmed with Link: Isles-Blackhawks swap firsts, 2nds… isles get extra second

TeamKidd

Aug 9, 2004
what a bizarre trade. thanks for the 2nd CHI! guessing one of them goes out to clear some cap...

Taswell

Oct 4, 2017
If we make even two of those three picks, I'll be surprised. Making this deal this early means either we or Chicago have something to get done soon.

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
I love this but I have a weird feeling he’s going to use that extra 2nd to move a contract like Pageau or in a trade.

I like have 2 2nds in this draft. It’s of guys will be available at the end of the 2nd round.
thats perfectly fine

JTToilinginToronto

Isles Fan
Jan 18, 2019
I smell a trade down the line because no way Lou just keeps two extra 2nd's.

This also helps a ton for depth organizationally so good job (if we keep said picks)
I think he keeps all the picks.

The farm needs considerable help. I'm sure even he would agree with that at this point.

Reactions: Osakahaus

beach

Aug 17, 2005
here
I love this but I have a weird feeling he’s going to use that extra 2nd to move a contract like Pageau or in a trade.

I like have 2 2nds in this draft. It’s of guys will be available at the end of the 2nd round.
If we can get rid of Pag's contract for a 2nd then I'm all for it.

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
I think he keeps all the picks.

The farm needs considerable help. I'm sure even he would agree with that at this point.
I'm completely fine with trading a second for help now and using the 1st and 2nd to restock, we haven't had a 1st and 2nd combo since 18 I think. Also of course fine standing pat and selecting as well.

Reactions: YearlyLottery

benedictTavares

JT's PJ's'
Jan 15, 2013
Scottsdale
giphy.gif

Reactions: ThreeLeftSkates

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
I seriously can't understand from a Chicago POV. Might be a favor deal? Or Repay a favor? Now they bought out Josh Bailey for free in my eyes. Thanks Chicago.
I can’t either but I’m happy.
Only thing I can think of is they have a clear top 18 or 19 players and they don’t want to risk not getting one of their guys at 20 which is highly unlikely anyway because everybody has different draft boards so still kind of a head scratching trade from Chicago. unless they want to move up with another team and the team wasn’t willing to go past 20 so they want to move up to 18 but this is all speculation and hypothetical

Reactions: Kevin27NYI

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
Why would Chicago do this a month before the draft? They don't even know how the board is going to fall? This is weird, wtf? Picking up and additional 2nd to move down a few slots...

Last edited:
Reactions: Osakahaus

Fantom

Jan 5, 2006
Is there more to this? Could both Chicago and us be using these picks to free up space for bigger moves in the future? Maybe these seconds are part of a future trade package for a first-rounder?

This trade just feels like there's another shoe to drop

duster19

Feb 13, 2013

Lee Pageau Pulock Pelech are the guys I see that have contracts that would be worth moving and would need sweeteners.

Reactions: MarsTBOW

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad