Confirmed with Link: Isles-Blackhawks swap firsts, 2nds… isles get extra second

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

The Real JT

Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss. :(
Jul 2, 2018
Connecticut
Can we send Lou back to the Leafs using one of the second rounders as a sweetener?

On a more serious note, this is a solid move by our GM irrespective of how he uses the extra draft capital.

Reactions: Islander Class

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
My theory is that the Blackhawks GM is a big fan of the number 18, but has a strong distaste for the number 20

In Korean, the number 18 also sounds like "f***" phonetically. 18 is actually often used to represent that curse word. The number 10 is pronounced "sheep" and 8 is "pal". Put them together and you get "Sheep Pal", f***. :)

Tahoeblue

Nov 29, 2019
Reno/Tahoe
Solid deal. I am a fan of acquiring more darts for the dart board. I know we hear some draft classes are better than others. Bottom line, it's still about drafting 18 year old kids.

Reactions: The Real JT

duster19

Feb 13, 2013
Pulock and Pelech would absolutely not need sweeteners.
Maybe Pelech wouldn’t. Pulock has 6 more years at 6 million +. He’s basically a 20 point dman. he can hardly skate. Showing signs of being injury prone. He somehow has a full NTC for 3 more years. And a m NTC for 3 years after that. No one is calling the isles about him. They would have to sell him and it will cost.

YearlyLottery

The Pooch Report
Feb 7, 2013
South Carolina
Like this trade a lot and would not mind an additional trade down from pick 20 to recoup more assets. I also would not mind if they use a 2nd to get rid of the Pageau contract.

Reactions: Osakahaus

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
Thoughts...

• This trade in itself is an absolute win. The value alone puts it notable over the to towards the Isles. The real question is...What does Lou do with the additional pick now?
  • To that point I was very pleased when the deal was announced because I thought we'd use the picks to trade for a top player, or just add more (desperately needed) young talent to the farm system.
  • However then it occurred to me...The most likely scenario is that Lou made the deal simply because he needs more ammo to trade away a bad contract or two. Not that hard to make that leap since he leads all GMs in making contract dump deals since he took over the Isles.
  • I would also have no problem if Lou made 2-3 more trades like this, wound up in the mid/late 20's, and then even traded the 1st altogether. This draft, like most, seems eye of the beholder, so there's a great chance of getting some good talent in the 2nd round. So to have 4 picks there could really add some good youth into our prospect system.
  • The amazing part to me is...Why in the world did Chicago make this trade? If they were moving up 5-10 slots then that gets them in a different tier in thre draft, but to move up only 2 spots? I could understand if the Isles were on the clock a month from now at #18 and they absolutely loved a player still there and wanted to move up, but anything can happen between now and then. So the chances that this move was necessary to get a player they want is very very slim.
  • Someone else online reminded me of the Josh Bailey deal with Chicago. Remember what the Isles "got back" in the trade...? "Future Considerations." Could this deal be related to that? Honestly perhaps.

End of day, there's no downside to this deal - Only upside. The real judge on it will be when we see what Lou does with this picks. It will really be a success if he does any of the following:

1. Keeps the picks and gets 3 good/great young talents from them.
  2. Trades a pick(s) as part of a deal to get a 1st line talent/top defenseman.
  3. Trades a pick(s) to open up cap space, and then uses that cap space to sign/acquire a 1st line talent/top defenseman.

If he does anything but those 3 with these picks then he will have failed.

Reactions: SI90

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
This is telling us the scouting department sees this draft as stronger than others do

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
Such a weird trade to make now. This is draft floor trade done now. But that being said, Isles should be very happy.
There's also no real difference from 18 and 20 but the disparity from the past 7-10 drafts is HUGE from 18-20, so I like that.

Isles should look at taking Luchanko or Hage. We need a center prospect in the worst of ways.
1716647252751.png

1716647372395.png

so long as the Isles choose the right guy at 20, im good. I would also love if Sennecke is available since he's been thrown around as a name to watch. If not, then get Howe.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad