Proposal: Islanders-Winnipeg

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Could you please provide a link? A link which inclues a quote from Trouba's camp or Winnipeg's FO, that is.

Arthur Staple in his Twitter comments , reported the isles were not interested in trading for Trouba shortly after the Winnipeg press wrote about his contract demands.

Staple puts out hundreds of tweets during the season. On this board, if you use the search feature, you will very likely find Staple' s comments either in one of the Hamonic trade request threads or in a Trouba thread.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Arthur Staple in his Twitter comments , reported the isles were not interested in trading for Trouba shortly after the Winnipeg press wrote about his contract demands.

Staple puts out hundreds of tweets during the season. On this board, if you use the search feature, you will very likely find Staple' s comments either in one of the Hamonic trade request threads or in a Trouba thread.

Oops, worded my post poorly.

Could you please provide a link which indicates Trouba's contract demands, confirmed by either the Jets camp or Trouba's camp?

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Any confirmed sources on Stromes contract demands?

Isles best beatwiter is Art Staple , who says he expects a 2 yr deal averaging $2,5m per..

Makes sense. Strome has not earned a big, long term deal and his rep should be discouraging him from taking the security of a long term, team friendly deal. A short bridge contract is what I expect we will see.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011

Could you please provide a link which indicates Trouba's contract demands, confirmed by either the Jets camp or Trouba's camp?

He can't, b/c Staple and NY know nothing more then anyone here. All speculation, nothing more to date. But you knew that already. :)

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
I dint see a trade here between these teams with the pieces being discussed here. No real interest IMO

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
He can't, b/c Staple and NY know nothing more then anyone here. All speculation, nothing more to date. But you knew that already. :)

That is the case. Yet he still posted that those demands came public at some point. I sure as hell want to know where I can see them.

SLAPSHOT723

QU! Bobcats!
Jan 14, 2008
Long Island/NYC
www.nhl.com
If Hamonic was traded for a forward when the trade request was still happening, I would be very interested in Trouba. But now we don't really have a need, as great as he is.

I would, however, give a mid-round pick for Drew Stafford.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002

The contract demands I have read about were posted ( with links), on this board.Lawless and Elliott Friedman have both had interesting comments. Lawless writing about the dollar and term, while Friedman reported the Jets were very worried about getting a deal done.

None of this will be new I info for Jet fans.
The isles reportedly had interest when Hamonic first made his trade demand. It was only after the Winnipeg press reported Trouba' s demands and his agent's previous messy contract disputes, that the N.Y. press reported the NYI were no longer interested.

Cannot see the isles pursuing a Trouba trade.

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
If Hamonic was traded for a forward when the trade request was still happening, I would be very interested in Trouba. But now we don't really have a need, as great as he is.

I would, however, give a mid-round pick for Drew Stafford.

Agreed, I see no need from NY and thus nothing of interest to the Jets would be offered. IMO these two teams make bad trade partners when the trade involves Trouba.

Only exception would be if Travis privately stated he wanted to come back home, which there is no evidence of at this point. If this happened it would be surprising.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Staple and the NYI know the isles don't want to either badly overpay Trouble on his extension or be involved in a messy holdout with Trouba and his bulldog rep.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
To Winnipeg--de Hann, Strome, 2017 2nd

To Islanders--Trouba

de Hann is a young cheap left handed top 4 defenseman signed for the next 2 years.

Strome is a young cheap center that had 50 points in his rookie year but was misused last season. Will bounce back when he plays his natural center position.

It looks like Winnipeg will have to trade Trouba due to contract disputes.

Using your logic, Lindholm, Ristolainen, Strome and every unsigned RFA will be traded.

You want Trouba? It would take...
Strome, Pulock and Barzal at a minimum.

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
Staple and the NYI know the isles don't want to either badly overpay Trouble on his extension or be involved in a messy holdout with Trouba and his bulldog rep.

Already stated there is no trade here from either team.

Your comments in above post are just speculation at this point, time will tell if they're right or not.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Same as Buff rumours........Trouba will re-sign with the Jets for a minimum of 6 years.

SLAPSHOT723

QU! Bobcats!
Jan 14, 2008
Long Island/NYC
www.nhl.com
[/B]
Using your logic, Lindholm, Ristolainen, Strome and every unsigned RFA will be traded.

You want Trouba? It would take...
Strome, Pulock and Barzal at a minimum.

Strome, Pulock, and Barzal would be our maximum offer after grueling weeks of back-and-forth if Garth couldn't handle his man-crush on Trouba, which it doesn't seem that he has. According to Staple back when the Hamonic rumors were in full force, he said Garth had no interest in a Hamonic-Trouba swap. The rumor was because of Trouba's agent, who's known to have clients that have contract holdouts (I believe Dubinsky and Turris were his clients).

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Already stated there is no trade here from either team.

Your comments in above post are just speculation at this point, time will tell if they're right or not.

Until this off season, Snow had Hamonic's trade request hanging over Snow's head.

Sources like E. Friedman and McKenzie said Trouba was one of several high end, young blueliners Snow hoped to get in exchange for Hamonic.

Too much of a coincidence that while Snow was heavily shopping Hamonic, the press wrote about Trouba's contract demands and agent, then suddenly reported the isles no longer wanted Trouba

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
Until this off season, Snow had Hamonic's trade request hanging over Snow's head.

Sources like E. Friedman and McKenzie said Trouba was one of several high end, young blueliners Snow hoped to get in exchange for Hamonic.

Too much of a coincidence that while Snow was heavily shopping Hamonic, the press wrote about Trouba's contract demands and agent, then suddenly reported the isles no longer wanted Trouba

snow wasn't shopping hamonic. he only wanted to come to Winnipeg that's it. jets weren't interested that's why he took back his trade request.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
snow wasn't shopping hamonic. he only wanted to come to Winnipeg that's it. jets weren't interested that's why he took back his trade request.

And I am accused of speculation in this thread :laugh:

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
To Winnipeg--de Hann, Strome, 2017 2nd

To Islanders--Trouba

de Hann is a young cheap left handed top 4 defenseman signed for the next 2 years.

Strome is a young cheap center that had 50 points in his rookie year but was misused last season. Will bounce back when he plays his natural center position.

It looks like Winnipeg will have to trade Trouba due to contract disputes.

The only way i see Trouba going to the Islanders, Is if Hamonic goes home to Winnipeg De Hann wont cut it.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016

You are. So is everyone else who claims to know something about Trouba's negotiations. No one knows anything. Neither Overhardt nor Chevy have said ANYTHING apart from "we are negotiating". You, just like anyone else can't possible know any numbers, any issues, preferences etc. Unless some info leaks out (which is extremely unlikely, given the recent comments by Chevy, telling that negotiations are a sacred process and should be kept as a secret), everything is just speculation. It doesn't matter what Snow said; he couldn't have known it for a fact. Purely speculation, that's what this is all about.

ffh

Jul 16, 2016

1st article to come out on possible trouba contract demand was on dec14. article from nov 19. states harmonic had already requested trade. snow had called chevy and had been turned down by the time trouba's bogus salary demand article came out. that's not speculation.

ffh

Jul 16, 2016

and on top of that. he read on hockeybuzz that trouba wanted a lot so he stopped going after him.

lomiller1

Jan 13, 2015
Strome would easily be our third line center. He had a 50 point year in 2014-2015, Strome is pretty underrated.

Only if we decided we wanted Perreault on the wing. Strome would be our 4th best C at this point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad