GDT: Islanders @ Penguins | 11/03/13 | 7:00EST @ Consol Energy Center

Status
Not open for further replies.

Candyman

Aug 17, 2012
Indiana
Pittsburgh Penguins vs. New York Islanders March 10, 2013 7:00pm EST

Lirit had this one, but it's 15 minutes until gametime. So i'm going to attempt a crappy one.
http://www.nhl.com/ice/preview.htm?id=2012020369
ISLANDERS (11-11-3) at PENGUINS (17-8-0)

TV: MSG PLUS, ROOT

Last 10: New York 5-3-2; Pittsburgh 7-3-0.

Season series: This is the third of five meetings. They have split the first two games this season, with the visiting club winning both games.

Big story: Pittsburgh has won four straight games and sits atop the Atlantic Division with 34 points. However, Saturday’s 5-4 shootout win at Toronto was a painful one – the Pens lost star center Evgeni Malkin in the third period to an upper-body injury. Coach Dan Bylsma sounded hopeful that No. 71 won’t be out for long.

“He’ll certainly be re-evaluated,†Bylsma said. “In the game, it was more precautionary than anything at that point in time."

Team Scope:

Islanders: New York finished its seven-game homestand on a winning note, as John Tavares scored a pair of power-play goals in the third period to lead the Isles to a 5-2 victory against the Washington Capitals at Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum on Saturday.

After a horrid start to the homestand, the Isles rallied to finish 3-2-2, earning some much-needed points to remain right in the thick of the race for a spot in the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

"This was a good way to finish at home, for sure," said Tavares, who now has 100 goals in his National Hockey League career. "We've got a tough one tomorrow and then a few days [off], and then two more tough ones next weekend. This was a good sendoff, and now we have to get back to the way we were playing on the road -- to get back into that mindset and how we've been successful."

Penguins: Pittsburgh certainly didn’t think a shootout would be required Saturday as it held a 4-2 lead with seven minutes to play in the second period. But Clarke MacArthur made it a one-goal game just three minutes later and Phil Kessel tied it for the pesky Maple Leafs with 4:20 remaining in regulation. Marc-Andre Fleury, however, shut the door in the shootout, while James Neal and Sidney Crosby each beat James Reimer to give the Penguins a second point in the standings and extend the winning streak to four.

"I thought we played a really good game," Crosby said. "I thought we did a lot of good things. It’s a fun building, fun atmosphere. We wouldn’t want to let them get back into it if we did it again, but they pushed hard. We probably deserved to finish that one off in regulation, but they kept coming."

Who’s hot: Tavares has three goals and an assist in the past three contests. … Crosby has three goals and seven assists in the past five games. He now has a seven-game point streak, tallying five goals and 10 assists over that span.

Injury report: New York will be without defenseman Brian Strait (ankle) and forward Jesse Joensuu (sports hernia). … Malkin is the only player likely to be missing for Pittsburgh.

Pittsburgh Line Up (Expected)
Kunitz-Crosby-Dupuis
Bennett-Sutter-Neal
Cooke-Jeffrey-Kennedy
Glass-Vitale-Adams

Orpik-Martin
Letang-Eaton
Niskanen-Despres

Vokoun

Islanders Line Up (expected)
Boyes-Tavres-Moulson
Bailey-Nielsno-Okposo
Martin-Zeeker-Ullstrom
Mcdonald-Reasoner-Grabner

Harmonic-Macdonald
Streit-Visnovsky
Hickey-Martinek

Nabokov

Random Music!

Last edited by a moderator:

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
[size=+5][glow=black]PENGUINS VS ISLANDERS[/glow][/size]

200px-Pittsburgh_Penguins_logo.svg.png
200px-Logo_New_York_Islanders.svg.png

[size=+2][glow=black]March 10th: 7:00 PM @ Consol Energy Center[/size][/glow]

220px-Consol_Energy_Center_March_2010.jpg

[size=+2][glow=black]Online Viewing Sources[/size][/glow] atdhe.net <--Most Reliable
Justin.tv (non-direct)
Channelsurfing.net (non-direct)
MyP2P Forums

[size=+2][glow=black]Team Leaders[/size][/glow]
large.png
||
large.png

Neal 16|GOALS| Tavares 16
Crosby 28|ASSISTS| Moulson & Boyes 15
Crosby 40|POINTS| Tavares 29
Kunitz +17|PLUS MINUS| Strait & Martinek +3
Glass 36|PIM|Martin 42​

[size=+2][glow=black]Team Stats[/size][/glow]
large.png
||
large.png

17-8-0|Record|11-11-3
Won 4|Streak|Won 1
91/75|GF/GA:|76/82
7-3-0|Last 10:|5-3-2

[size=+2][glow=black]Penguins Projected Lineup[/size][/glow]
large.png

[glow=black]Left Wing [/glow]| [glow=black]Center [/glow]| [glow=black]Right Wing [/glow]
Chris Kunitz|Sidney Crosby|Pascal Dupuis
Beau Bennett|Brandon Sutter|James Neal
Matt Cooke|Dustin Jeffrey|Tyler Kennedy
Tanner Glass|Joe Vitale|Craig Adams
[glow=black]Defense [/glow]| [glow=black]Defense [/glow]
Brooks Orpik|Paul Martin
Mark Eaton|Kris Letang
Matt Niskanen|Simon Despres

[size=+2][glow=black]New York Islanders predicted line-up[/size][/glow]
large.png

[glow=red]Left Wing [/glow]| [glow=gold]Center [/glow]| [glow=gold]Right Wing [/glow]
Brad Boyes|John Tavares|Matt Moulson
Josh Bailey|Frans Nielsen|Kyle Okposo
Matt Martin|Casey Cizikas|David Ulstrom
Toby McDonald|Marty Reasoner|Michael Grabner
[glow=gold]Defense [/glow]| [glow=gold]Defense [/glow]
Travis Hamonic|Andrew MacDonald
Mark Streit|Lubomir Visnovsky
Thomas Hickey|Radek Martinek

[size=+2][glow=black]Atlantic Division Standings & Recent Division Highlights[/size][/glow]
large.png
large.png
large.png
large.png

large.png

[glow=red]Team [/glow]| [glow=gold]GP [/glow]| [glow=gold]W [/glow]| [glow=red]L [/glow]| [glow=red]OT [/glow]| [glow=red]PTS [/glow]| [glow=red]VS ATL [/glow]
Pittsburgh Penguins |25|17|8|0|34|6-4-0
New York Rangers|24|13|9|2|28|4-4-1
New Jersey Devils |25|11|9|5|27|7-2-1
New York Islanders |25|11|11|2|25|4-5-1
Philadelphia Flyers|26|11|14|1|23|3-6-0

[size=+2][glow=black]Goalie Match-Up[/size][/glow]
[size=+1]Tomas Vokoun[/size]
201303072129773991586-p2.jpg

[size=+1]5-3-0, SO; 3.32 GAA, .890 SV%[/size]

[size=+1]Evgeni Naboko[/size]
image.JPG

[size=+1]11-7-3, 1 SO; 2.88 GAA, .905 SV%[/size]

[size=+5][glow=black]GO PENS!!![/size][/glow]

Last edited:

BigBenSF*

@penguins: #Pens defensive pairs: Orpik-Martin Eatin-Letang Despres-Niskanen. Vokoun starting in net #Pens

Liking the defensive pairs.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Put this one together quickly as there isn't one. If mods want to move/delete/merge it feel free.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Didn't see the other one posted. Must've been done when I posted it this one. Up to the mods then.

Candyman

Aug 17, 2012
Indiana
This one should be the real one, it's way better put together than mine, i just threw some crap together... it'll merge

Nei1ey*

hope we don't get shat on by the Islanders at home like last time. :(

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
I'm just kidding really. Were both posted at the same time I think so nothing could be done by either of us.

DoktorZaius

Feb 7, 2013
If it is Bennett-Jeffrey-Neal that should be interesting to watch. When it's Geno's line, the puck is always on his stick. It'll be interesting to see who that line runs through in his absence. I expect Beau will be up to the task.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
I did a calculation a minute ago. If Crosby's PPG clip for this season so far was put to an 82 game season (If he got 0 points today) would be 131 points.

That's better than pre-concussion Sid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad