Proposal: Islanders-Lightning

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

tjs*

Mar 18, 2016
The only piece the Islanders have worth trading Kucherov for is Tavares. End of thread.

sebsisles

Apr 25, 2013
Long Island
Tampa Deff does not add a pick, stromes value is at an all time low right now. The first will be mid to late, im an isles fan and would do this in a heart beat. But there is no way Tampa takes this deal

Satan'sIsland81

Feb 9, 2007
Honestly, I would trade three of the following pieces for Kucherov straight up: 2 of Lee, Nelson, Strome and Bailey + either Dal Colle, Ho Sang, 2017 1st round pick.

Butchered

I'm with Kuch
Apr 30, 2004
Eh. I'd rather have Kucherov. The value isn't totally bad, but NYI easily get the best player in the deal right now. Tampa is in win now (and win in the next 2-3-4 years) mode. It doesn't make a lot of sense to give up a very high end forward for that package.

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
If both teams seemingly can't get a deal done with their respective RFA's:

:bolts
Ryan Strome
Michael Dal Colle/Anthony Beauvillier
NYI 1st 2017

:isles
Nikita Kucherov
TBL 2nd 2017

Lightning save some money and get very good value. Islanders get a dynamite RW.

Kucherov+ for Tavares is closer in value.

Strome and Dal Colle does nothing for TB.

CodeE

step on snek
Dec 20, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
TB has enough forwards, if they can't come to terms with Kucherov they could easily get a young top-4 guy back instead of more wingers.

Hictor Vedman*

Unregistered Hedman
Sep 30, 2014
Ottawa
TB has enough forwards, if they can't come to terms with Kucherov they could easily get a young top-4 guy back instead of more wingers.
But we will come to terms with him. And it'll be relatively cap friendly to boot. That's what's taking so long right now. He wants the money he deserves, and there's nothing wrong with that. But we're on a budget right now unless we can move someone else, so he'll realize he has to settle a little bit. Which is good because obviously Hedman and Stammer did, so he just has to follow their examples.

VoynovsParoleOfficer

Jun 13, 2015
The only piece the Islanders have worth trading Kucherov for is Tavares. End of thread.

:facepalm: Kucherov is getting the OEL treatment suddenly, used to be underrated and now is just so overly rated its crazy, yes hes a fringe top 5 winger but don't say Tavares is in same category

CodeE

step on snek
Dec 20, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
But we will come to terms with him. And it'll be relatively cap friendly to boot. That's what's taking so long right now. He wants the money he deserves, and there's nothing wrong with that. But we're on a budget right now unless we can move someone else, so he'll realize he has to settle a little bit. Which is good because obviously Hedman and Stammer did, so he just has to follow their examples.

The Bishop shoe needs to drop. Unlike Trouba in Winnipeg (where I think the negotiations aren't going as "we'll come to terms with him with a cap friendly contract to boot" as Jets fans believe), Bishop seems destined to get traded and once he's gone, Tampa will easily be able to fit a Kucherov extension on the books.

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
:facepalm: Kucherov is getting the OEL treatment suddenly, used to be underrated and now is just so overly rated its crazy, yes hes a fringe top 5 winger but don't say Tavares is in same category

Not really. Other than Tavares, what pieces do they have that really truly help the Lightning this upcoming season? Leddy and Hamonic but that is probably it.

They already have a (better) Strome in Drouin. And as a legit Cup contender, Dal Colle and a 1st really does nothing for them.

Kucherov is Tampa's best forward. So they have every right to ask for another teams best forward in a trade.

VoynovsParoleOfficer

Jun 13, 2015
Not really. Other than Tavares, what pieces do they have that really truly help the Lightning this upcoming season? Leddy but that is it.

They already have a (better) Strome in Drouin. And as a legit Cup contender, Dal Colle and a 1st really does nothing for them.

Kucherov is their best forward. So they have every right to ask for another teams best forward in a trade.

im not saying the trade is good. I don't think islanders or much of anybody has a shot as kuchy but its just getting played out listening to the kucherov superstar threads. that's all I think when its all said and done he is third best forward on TBL

Butchered

I'm with Kuch
Apr 30, 2004
I'm not trying to stir the pot, but it's not Tampa fans making these offers/threads. If a majority of people feel a certain way about a player, it's probably the case.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Absolutely NOT. Yeah we Lightning fans get a little carried away with Kucherov sometimes but its because he has been the backbone of two straight trips to the ECF and a trip to the SCF a few years ago. He won't win you any regular season scoring titles but you can count on him to score a dozen goals en route to a championship.

Kucherov is absolutely off limits.

tjs*

Mar 18, 2016

Tavares is better but Kuch is closer to Tavares than anybody else on the Islanders is to Kuch. We aren't trading our best forward unless your best forward is coming back our way - it's really that simple.

tjs*

Mar 18, 2016
im not saying the trade is good. I don't think islanders or much of anybody has a shot as kuchy but its just getting played out listening to the kucherov superstar threads. that's all I think when its all said and done he is third best forward on TBL

You just proved you have no idea what you're talking about. "Third best forward on TBL"?!? Kucherov is easily our best forward right now and the only one who I think has the potential to be better (but isn't there yet) is Drouin.

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu

Uhh who are the 2 you think are better ?????? Stamkos isn't but I could understand why you'd think he was since you obviously don't watch the Lightning. But who the hell else do you think is better than Kucherov :laugh:

tjs*

Mar 18, 2016
Also I'll be nice and not mention Tavares's disappearing act against the Lightning in the playoffs while Kucherov broke your backs two games in a row with clutch third-period goals.:D

Hictor Vedman*

Unregistered Hedman
Sep 30, 2014
Ottawa
The Bishop shoe needs to drop. Unlike Trouba in Winnipeg (where I think the negotiations aren't going as "we'll come to terms with him with a cap friendly contract to boot" as Jets fans believe), Bishop seems destined to get traded and once he's gone, Tampa will easily be able to fit a Kucherov extension on the books.
I for one believe that Yzerman would sooner prefer to try to find a trading partner and get rid of Filppula and run Bishop and Vasy, and go with the hot hand for the year. By the trade deadline, a sure fire #1 should emerge. I personally don't feel confident enough with one playoff series to give Vasilevski the keys to this organization's future, but that's just my opinion.

VoynovsParoleOfficer

Jun 13, 2015
Uhh who are the 2 you think are better ?????? Stamkos isn't but I could understand why you'd think he was since you obviously don't watch the Lightning. But who the hell else do you think is better than Kucherov :laugh:

stamkos isn't better than kucherov? ok then this alone proves my point that he is being intensely over rated...kuchy had 66 points last year stamkos has a 60 goal season in his past and I think Drouin WILL be better, I would rather Drouin than kuchy In 3 years.

CodeE

step on snek
Dec 20, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
I for one believe that Yzerman would sooner prefer to try to find a trading partner and get rid of Filppula and run Bishop and Vasy, and go with the hot hand for the year. By the trade deadline, a sure fire #1 should emerge. I personally don't feel confident enough with one playoff series to give Vasilevski the keys to this organization's future, but that's just my opinion.

The majority of NHL teams have a veteran with a high cap hit that they'd love to move without taking much salary back. 31 points last season coupled with two more years at $5M? Grabovski had a higher PPG and doesn't have a NMC, and nooobody wants Grabo.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad