GDT: Islanders @ #hcanes: A Foul Oderus is in the Air

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
I think that is Staal and Faulk on the same guy in front on #3..no?

And that 4th one..geez. Watching that live and seeing Faulk along the boards and the puck comes behind the net and two guys (Sekera and Loktionov?) both go after the same guy I knew it was trouble. Like I said, looked like a bunch of Mites.

Yeah that's Staal and Faulk on number 3. Sekera was the guy trying to "defend" the pass.

I'm not even sure what Sekera was doing on the 4th one.

AhoLottaLove

Jun 30, 2010
For a while there I thought Faulk and Sekera were a legit first pairing. With the way they've played the last couple months I'm not so sure.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
Fairfield Prep plays with the regular high schools. Taft, AOF, etc. play in the actual Prep league. Bonino is the only other one I can think of in my general generation. Though I was somehow oblivious about McDonald until now.

That makes sense. I always remember they were next but never understood why or how.

rocky7

DAT 13
Feb 9, 2013
God's country
For a while there I thought Faulk and Sekera were a legit first pairing. With the way they've played the last couple months I'm not so sure.

noone is thriving. mostly the opposite end of the spectrum actually except Gerbe perhaps, but his effort level compensates.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
I don't think they are a legit number one pairing. They're just ours. They need support and another pairing to bear the load some nights.

They've done an admirable job keeping up for much of the season. Maybe the experience will pay off next year.

My Special Purpose

Apr 8, 2008
I think that is Staal and Faulk on the same guy in front on #3..no?

And that 4th one..geez. Watching that live and seeing Faulk along the boards and the puck comes behind the net and two guys (Sekera and Loktionov?) both go after the same guy I knew it was trouble. Like I said, looked like a bunch of Mites.

If my mites team did that, I'd stop the game and lecture them. Firmly.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
This seems relevant:

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=711454&navid=nhl:topheads

NEW YORK—Claiming that there is ostensibly no rhyme or reason to the sport's frequent in-game substitutions, players from across the NHL admitted Wednesday that they have absolutely no idea how line changes work.

“Honestly, most of the time I just try to jump onto the ice whenever I can, and then I’ll come back to the bench when I get tired,†said Chicago Blackhawks center Jonathan Toews, adding that the changes are especially confusing following icing calls, when “some guys are allowed to change but other guys aren’t.†“I know certain players are supposed to go out at specific times and in ‘shifts’ or whatever, but I couldn’t even begin to tell you who, when, or why. Like when we’re on a power play, there are certain guys who are supposed to play, but then if the other team is on a power play, a whole different set of guys go out. And most of the time we have to sub in and out while the game is still going on. It’s just chaos.â€

A majority of players also confirmed they would much prefer having some kind of buzzer sewn into their uniforms to alert them when it’s their turn to take the ice.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
This game looked a lot like one of my beer league games. Except the goals we score are on better passing plays. :sarcasm: maybe

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad