GDT: Islanders @ Devils - 7:00 PM - MSG

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
Could you explain what NHL25 is for me. Is it a joke? Thank you.
1729975766213.png

Reactions: Bleedred

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Anyone remember the Ken Griffey baseball game on Super NES back in the 90s? It was a bunch of fake players based on real players and subtle variations of their nicknames, but Ken Griffey Jr was the only non-fictional player on the game lol. But it had all the actual real MLB teams, just not the real players.

All the players had stupid names. One of them was the Big Magoo, who I'm pretty sure was on the White Sox and pretty clearly was supposed to be Frank Thomas, who was nicknamed the Big Hurt.

There was also Muscles McGee on the Giants, who I'm thinking was probably Barry Bonds. Pretty funny, considering that was years before the steroid stuff came out.

I just can't get into video games anymore, but I had fun playing them back in the day. They do bring back some positive childhood/young adult memories.

glenwo2

JESPER BRATWURST
Oct 18, 2008
New Jersey(No Fanz!)
Anyone remember the Ken Griffey baseball game on Super NES back in the 90s? It was a bunch of fake players based on real players and subtle variations of their nicknames, but Ken Griffey Jr was the only non-fictional player on the game lol. But it had all the actual real MLB teams, just not the real players.

All the players had stupid names. One of them was the Big Magoo, who I'm pretty sure was on the White Sox and pretty clearly was supposed to be Frank Thomas, who was nicknamed the Big Hurt.

There was also Muscles McGee on the Giants, who I'm thinking was probably Barry Bonds. Pretty funny, considering that was years before the steroid stuff came out.

I just can't get into video games anymore, but I had fun playing them back in the day. They do bring back some positive childhood/young adult memories.
I wonder if Mike Piazza's model was named Mr. Pizza?

• Haha
Reactions: Bleedred

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I wonder if Mike Piazza's model was named Mr. Pizza?
I wish I had the rosters of all the players. I think that game came out sometime between 94-96. I remember playing it in 96-97, but it may have already been a couple of years old by then.

Maybe Muscles McGee played for Oakland and was Mark McGwire? :laugh:

Another name I remember was Rebel Ruiz (I think?) and I'm pretty sure he was on the Cubs. Something tells me he may have been Sammy Sosa. I think he was one of the better hitters in the game after Griffey.:laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad