GDT: Islanders @ Devils - 7:00 PM - MSG

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
Mercer, Nemec, Palat...thats just 3 "expendable" pieces....idk what we can get for those pieces...

As much as people hate Markstrom, at least it's only a 2 year deal. I see people saying Ulllmark....he's played how many games for Ottawa? He's hurt and barely played and how's that contract?
Very confident Nemec isn’t expandable.

Reactions: SJinNewJersey

PKs Broken Stick

Oct 9, 2008
Nico will walk when time comes if this is the shit that keeps happening, 2 playoff years and his game is built for playoff hockey as he's currently playing. He also shut down Zibanejad and Aho in 2023, that alone will get teams to back the trucks up for him let alone him being an absurd offensive force. I assume he wins 1 or 2 Selke's by then too

yup, also a good point.

I don't want to hear the nonsense about how players typically stay with the team that drafts them.

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
I think we'll make the playoffs again before his contract is up.

We just may need a GM change for it to happen if it doesn't happen this year.
You read that? You think we might make the playoffs in the next what 4 years? Lol that’s not good at all at this point. Also would be Nico’s third gm and probably 4th coach at that point

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
It’s almost Halloween time to watch the extended cut of the Exorcist
Surprisingly good

01270-Exorcist3-V1-design_1b5f8b9f-894c-477c-8b46-22390844f01f_1800x1800.jpg

Reactions: My3Sons

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
Sometbing is just very wrong with the teams mental ability for lack of a better word. Its really amazing how they could he world beaters 2 years ago down 2 down 3 in the third didn’t matter they left it all out there and even would win some games. What the hell changed. It can’t be the injuries because everyone is healthy and it’s the same as last year. I thought goaltending would help but it didn’t

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I don't think Nemec is an expendable piece.

Mercer MAY be, but I'm not quite ready to say he is. I think he's maybe not a core piece, but wouldn't say expendable.

We wish expendable was a word we could use for Palat. He's a complete detriment at this point.
Here's the thing... secondary players aren't the problem...this team rises or falls with Jack. Nobody wants to acknowledge it but is the truth. If he's not playing like a star on most nights this team has no chance.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
This is a bit dramatic. Most teams dont win championships until their best players are 28-32.. ours are 25, 25, 27, 22, and all the young defenseman U22

This team was always multiple years from winning a championship; its about how they get there and what they accumulate in the meantime

I mean that's just not true.

TB won in 2020 with a 24 year old Point, 27 year old Kuch, 29 year old Hedman, 26 year old Vasi, 23 year old Cirelli. Then add a year for 2021.

Colorado - 23 year old Makar, 27 year old MacKinnon, 25 year old Rantanen, 28 year old Toews, 27 year old Nichushkin, 29 year old Landeskog

Panthers - 28 year old Barkov, 26 year old Tkachuk, 28 year old Verhaeghe, 28 year old Reinhart, 27 year old Forsling

The Knights are the only one of the recent Cup winers on the older side. The ages of this core should mean contenders. This is no longer some young plucky team. They're all in their peak years.

Reactions: PKs Broken Stick

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Honestly, I just rewatched the OT winner and I take back blaming Allen for that one. It wasn't really a bad goal.

However, I just rewatched all the goals and goal 2 was even worse than I remembered.

A point shot, he probably could and should even gloved it and it just comes back out. He wasn't awful tonight, but Sorokin was better and Allen vs Sorokin was maybe the difference in this one.

DerekDevils30

Feb 2, 2007
Manitoba
Here's the thing... secondary players aren't the problem...this team rises or falls with Jack. Nobody wants to acknowledge it but is the truth. If he's not playing like a star on most nights this team has no chance.

Yeah we need him close to the level he was prior to the injury last year. I can live with some of his shortcomings defensively if he’s popping points and dominating games for now

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020

Almost like their depth is shot to hell with grinders and muckers because the management bought the bullshit the fanbase was saying being too soft to play with and they neutered their biggest asset as a team in 22-23

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
I actually do agree with this sentiment as well. As much as I want them to make a move, we're not ready to contend just yet barring some sort of miracle.

I can see Jack really hitting his stride around 27 and by that time Nico will be 29. im not sure if we are a real contender before these moments. You see teams like the Rangers and Carolina become regular season winners with older players, we still aren't even close to that.

its crazy to think Nico is only 25. I dont see him walking. this is his team.
Don’t look at ages…look at contracts. Nico has (including this year) three years left on his deal. Which means after next season it is decision time for him on whether he wants to extend or not. The organization is getting to the point where they can’t waste seasons or the top players are going to want out.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Sometbing is just very wrong with the teams mental ability for lack of a better word. Its really amazing how they could he world beaters 2 years ago down 2 down 3 in the third didn’t matter they left it all out there and even would win some games. What the hell changed. It can’t be the injuries because everyone is healthy and it’s the same as last year. I thought goaltending would help but it didn’t

For the 100th time, it was the front office's mismanaged about how they lost the Carolina series. It started from there and we still haven't recovered.

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
It’s like every since Luke was here it’s been different with him

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
Honestly, I just rewatched the OT winner and I take back blaming Allen for that one. It wasn't really a bad goal.

However, I just rewatched all the goals and goal 2 was even worse than I remembered.

A point shot, he probably could and should even gloved it and it just comes back out. He wasn't awful tonight, but Sorokin was better and Allen vs Sorokin was maybe the difference in this one.

The 2nd goal and OT goals collectively I put on Dougie just as much as Allen. I wouldn't even say Sorokin was the difference maker. As I said earlier it's not like he was making these out of this world saves. We were just missing great chances.

Deviled

Oct 10, 2024
Did you start watching Devils hockey in 2024? I’m jealous if that’s the case.

We’ve been saying multiple years away from a championship for multiple years. It’s not you, it’s me, she said.
Lmao well I cant help some folks have unrealistic expectations! But thats part of fandom so I dont discredit anyone for it

Reactions: theoptimist

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
You read that? You think we might make the playoffs in the next what 4 years? Lol that’s not good at all at this point. Also would be Nico’s third gm and probably 4th coach at that point
I was replying in regards to Nico leaving when his contract is up. I don't think we'll be bad until his contract expires.

This is Nico's 8th year in the league. 3 GM's in 9 years isn't really unheard of. I don't think there will be a GM change in season, but the sword will fall on Fitz if this team misses the playoffs, and it probably should.

I think Keefe is safe no matter what, barring a John MacLean-like disaster year, which I don't think we're anywhere near bad enough to have something like that happen. I think Keefe will coach here next year no matter what, and no matter who the GM here is next year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad