GDT: Islanders @ Devils - 7:00 PM - MSG

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
Goaltending cost them last game when the team showed up

Goaltending didn’t cost them this game but didn’t help and the team no showed.

Im sorry but bratt scoring a fluke goal hasn’t changing anything even if they won the game. They didn’t deserve to win it

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Starting with Pesce was worse lol…the first rush died on his stick. Play f***ing Kovacevic, Luke and Dougie third. I don’t understand the fascination with using guys like Siegs or Pesce on the three on three
It reminds me of when Hynes would use Lovejoy or Greene during 3 on 3.

Usually it was only for D-zone draws though.

Reactions: NJDevs26

devilsfan950003

Jul 3, 2023
Ready for more excuses? First new coach, new scheme, Jack coming off major surgery and Dougie and then of course Luke, then don't forget Pesce, OH Meier always starts slow, last night bad officials, what's today's??

Mgd31

Aug 7, 2007
Levittown, NY
Goaltending cost them last game when the team showed up

Goaltending didn’t cost them this game but didn’t help and the team no showed.

Im sorry but bratt scoring a fluke goal hasn’t changing anything even if they won the game. They didn’t deserve to win it
It was an evenly played game. It was a coin flip and we lost. Not that it makes it any better.

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Win Sunday and see if you can take 2 of 3 in western Canada
The Ducks are complete trash. We should be able to win that.

''But they're over .500 to start the year! They're not bad!'' they were over .500 for the first 10-15 games of last year too, and we saw how that worked out.

Reactions: Dialamo

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
Terrified this core just isn’t it and we’ll have to start over. At least if they did I’d finally stop stressing about the team for a few years.

Not there yet though. There’s context. If they’re not in a favorable position by game 25-30, then yeah…

Deviled

Oct 10, 2024
Why does everything have to be so dramatic? They’re obviously not clicking right now. They’re working two dmen into the lineup while another gets back from a pec tear.

I thought the xGF crew was so concerned about that? How’s that looking over the last 2?
Lmao love the avatar update

Im only soured on Dougie and Palat right now; as a whole im satisfied thus far with the team play. Things will start clicking for us soon enough

Maybe Keefe should entertain some new staff members, if the losses begin to pile up

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Terrified this core just isn’t it and we’ll have to start over. At least if they did I’d finally stop stressing about the team.

Not there yet though. There’s context. If they’re not in a favorable position by game 25-30, then yeah…
The core is fine I think.

But some of the other pieces aren't and some could really become boat anchor contracts, if they're not already.

Steve Austin goes unsaid. That's already a gigantic scab contract. Dougie may be soon enough, still too early to say.

Mercer is someone I'm not convinced is a core player at all anymore.

I think the decision to deviate from a fast rush team to what we have now was certainly a choice.

Reactions: vtdevils2k

Deviled

Oct 10, 2024
Terrified this core just isn’t it and we’ll have to start over. At least if they did I’d finally stop stressing about the team for a few years.

This is a bit dramatic. Most teams dont win championships until their best players are 28-32.. ours are 25, 25, 27, 22, and all the young defenseman U22

This team was always multiple years from winning a championship; its about how they get there and what they accumulate in the meantime

Reactions: Devs3cups

Comparison Ford

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 25, 2008
LA

I dont know if we'll be able to start over. Theyre not gonna get rid of Nico, Jack or Luke. Hamilton and Meier dont really have moveable contracts. If we dont make the playoffs this year I think we see Bratt and Mercer go. Not because I think they necessarily should, but ownership has to think of doing something.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad