GDT: Islanders @ Devils - 7:00 PM - MSG

Dylan9z9

LGD 2024-25
May 16, 2012
Rockaway, NJ
This is a bit dramatic. Most teams dont win championships until their best players are 28-32.. ours are 25, 25, 27, 22, and all the young defenseman U22

This team was always multiple years from winning a championship; its about how they get there and what they accumulate in the meantime
Ok Dano 👍🏻

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
This is a bit dramatic. Most teams dont win championships until their best players are 28-32.. ours are 25, 25, 27, 22, and all the young defenseman U22

This team was always multiple years from winning a championship; its about how they get there and what they accumulate in the meantime
That’s fair.

Reactions: Deviled

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
I dont know if we'll be able to start over. Theyre not gonna get rid of Nico, Jack or Luke. Hamilton and Meier dont really have moveable contracts. If we dont make the playoffs this year I think we see Bratt and Mercer go.

Nico will walk when time comes if this is the shit that keeps happening, 2 playoff years and his game is built for playoff hockey as he's currently playing. He also shut down Zibanejad and Aho in 2023, that alone will get teams to back the trucks up for him let alone him being an absurd offensive force. I assume he wins 1 or 2 Selke's by then too

Reactions: PKs Broken Stick

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017

I haven’t seen this team try and claw back into a game in the third period in probably a year. This team is so far from competing at this point

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
Nico will walk when time comes if this is the shit that keeps happening, 2 playoff years and his game is built for playoff hockey as he's currently playing. He also shut down Zibanejad and Aho in 2023, that alone will get teams to back the trucks up for him let alone him being an absurd offensive force. I assume he wins 1 or 2 Selke's by then too

He’s not walking.

vtdevils2k

"Lets Go Baby!"
Dec 16, 2013
Virginia
The core is fine I think.

But some of the other pieces aren't and some could really become boat anchor contracts, if they're not already.

Steve Austin goes unsaid. That's already a gigantic scab contract. Dougie may be soon enough, still too early to say.

Mercer is someone I'm not convinced is a core player at all anymore.

I think the decision to deviate from a fast rush team to what we have now was certainly a choice.
Mercer, Nemec, Palat...thats just 3 "expendable" pieces....idk what we can get for those pieces...

As much as people hate Markstrom, at least it's only a 2 year deal. I see people saying Ulllmark....he's played how many games for Ottawa? He's hurt and barely played and how's that contract?

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I think we'll make the playoffs again before his contract is up.

We just may need a GM change for it to happen if it doesn't happen this year.

vtdevils2k

"Lets Go Baby!"
Dec 16, 2013
Virginia
Mercer, Nemec, Palat...thats just 3 "expendable" pieces....idk what we can get for those pieces...

As much as people hate Markstrom, at least it's only a 2 year deal. I see people saying Ulllmark....he's played how many games for Ottawa? He's hurt and barely played and how's that contract?

Fitz, very curious to see what he does this year....it may be his last

Reactions: Bleedred

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
:(

Comparison Ford

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 25, 2008
LA

I actually do agree with this sentiment as well. As much as I want them to make a move, we're not ready to contend just yet barring some sort of miracle.

I can see Jack really hitting his stride around 27 and by that time Nico will be 29. im not sure if we are a real contender before these moments. You see teams like the Rangers and Carolina become regular season winners with older players, we still aren't even close to that.

its crazy to think Nico is only 25. I dont see him walking. this is his team.

PKs Broken Stick

Oct 9, 2008

They aren't even making the playoffs consistently.....

That's what makes it concerning. Unless they will magically just win a cup like in their 3rd year of making the playoffs, but that's not common

theoptimist

Trade Siegenthaler
Apr 22, 2014

Did you start watching Devils hockey in 2024? I’m jealous if that’s the case.

We’ve been saying multiple years away from a championship for multiple years. It’s not you, it’s me, she said.

Reactions: PKs Broken Stick

DerekDevils30

Feb 2, 2007
Manitoba
The core is fine I think.

But some of the other pieces aren't and some could really become boat anchor contracts, if they're not already.

Steve Austin goes unsaid. That's already a gigantic scab contract. Dougie may be soon enough, still too early to say.

Mercer is someone I'm not convinced is a core player at all anymore.

I think the decision to deviate from a fast rush team to what we have now was certainly a choice.

A lot changes if Jack finds that extra gear again like he did in 22-23 and early last season. We’ve seen him play at a superstar level. Needs to be more than just hovering around a point per game while not taking over games. The way Nico is playing combined with a humming Jack makes this a dangerous team again. Everyone else would fall in line. Work to do defensively all around of course but that’s a start

Reactions: Bleedred

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011

I don't think Nemec is an expendable piece.

Mercer MAY be, but I'm not quite ready to say he is. I think he's maybe not a core piece, but wouldn't say expendable.

We wish expendable was a word we could use for Palat. He's a complete detriment at this point.

Reactions: Devs3cups

PKs Broken Stick

Oct 9, 2008
I dont know if we'll be able to start over. Theyre not gonna get rid of Nico, Jack or Luke. Hamilton and Meier dont really have moveable contracts. If we dont make the playoffs this year I think we see Bratt and Mercer go. Not because I think they necessarily should, but ownership has to think of doing something.

If they move Bratt, that'd be the dumbest thing ever

• Love
Reactions: glenwo2

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
1729908043150.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad