GDT: Islanders @ Devils - 7:00 PM - MSG

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
Fire Marty or kick him out of the front office, beyond comical he was given this much say in personnel decisions
This is why I'm anti bringing former stars back. It tarnishes the legacy. Every dolt on the internet screaming for Stevens to come back on the coaching staff would be freaking out if he was on board with these lapses. I've said it before and I'll say it again, Brodeur saying Markstrom was top 5 in the league was all we needed to know. Markstrom ain't top 5, he's probably not even top 10

Deviled

Oct 10, 2024
i remain unconcerned
Agreed, even if that makes us partial masochists

Allen was with him on 14-15 STL when he played his final leg of his career there + he's said he thinks Markstrom is top 5. They 100% value his opinion on goalies, not sure about the rest of the roster.
Ah okay, that much I would agree with; thought you were referring to the entirety of the team's roster and prospects

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
This is why I'm anti bringing former stars back. It tarnishes the legacy. Every dolt on the internet screaming for Stevens to come back on the coaching staff would be freaking out if he was on board with these lapses. I've said it before and I'll say it again, Brodeur saying Markstrom was top 5 in the league was all we needed to know. Markstrom ain't top 5, he's probably not even top 10

The ironic part is Stevens was legit good when they brought him back as that coaching trio for that 14-15 year, he helped Larsson a ton

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ

I already soured on him when he sulked so hard at the end of his career and then left to go play elsewhere when he was beyond washed

Reactions: Bleedred

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
Stevens would've been a great coach at the time. I doubt most scenarios like that but not in his case.

Still might be but the game has changed quite a bit.

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
The ironic part is Stevens was legit good when they brought him back as that coaching trio for that 14-15 year, he helped Larsson a ton
I don’t really hate Scott Stevens the coach, like I very much hate businessman executive Martin Brodeur.

I just got tired of people clamoring for Stevens to be an assistant coach here after Shero opted not to bring him back.

Reactions: Hisch13r

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
The only hope this team looks to have is Nico pulling off a 17-18 Hall type performance and dragging their carcass to the playoffs. Was year 8 for Hall. Is year 8 now for Nico.

Reactions: ZachaFlockaFlame

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
I don’t really hate Scott Stevens the coach, like I very much hate businessman executive Martin Brodeur.

I just got tired of people clamoring for Stevens to be an assistant coach here after Shero opted not to bring him back.

I don't think Stevens himself liked being a coach, didn't he go to Minnesota one year after that and went back to his family/retirement?

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I already soured on him when he sulked so hard at the end of his career and then left to go play elsewhere when he was beyond washed
Look up my posts from 2013-2014.

I smoked Marty’s ass on here so badly. I begged for him to be put out of his misery as a player.

And that’s a player I actually adored. I don’t give a shit about Marty the executive. I care about him as much as I care about some politician. He’s nothing to me.

Reactions: BostonDevil

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
1729900963671.png

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
22-23 is most likely going to be this core's peak, sad this front office got it completely it wrong after that year
They got more regular season points than our glory years, so I wouldn’t doubt that they never reach that mark again. But I certainly believe that this group can do more damage in the postseason eventually than that team did. Jack, Bratt, Nico, and Timo all left meat on the bone.

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I don't think Stevens himself liked being a coach, didn't he go to Minnesota one year after that and went back to his family/retirement?
Yes.

He decided to leave after just one year.

I bet if we really wanted to coach he would have been working with Lou on the Islanders like all the other former Devils. I’m sure he was offered and he turned it down.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Stevens as an assistant was more than fine. Marty himself being a goaltending coach would probably be fine, he did get Allen’s best half season out of him in St. Louis. Any higher than that is asking for trouble

Reactions: ZachaFlockaFlame

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad