GDT: Islanders @ Devils - 7:00 PM - MSG

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra

b4vdXrA.gif

ISLANDERS (2-2-2) VS. DEVILS 5-4-1
After a hot start that saw the club open the year 4-1-0, the Devils are 1-3-1 in their past five games. The team is coming off three straight setbacks.

The Devils defense did get a boost in Detroit on Thursday night with the return of Luke Hughes (shoulder) and Brett Pesce (ankle). However, the move wasn’t enough to get the win as goaltender Jacob Markstrom shit the bed.

Captain Nico Hischier continued his strong play with two goals at Detroit. He leads the team in goals (7g-3a) and is tied for the team lead in points with Timo Meier.

The Islanders had their three-game point streak (2-0-1) snapped by Detroit, however the Isles surrendered just 11 shots against in the losing effort.

Ilya Sorokin has a 1.34 goals-against average and .947 save percentage in the opening three games of the season. Last year he posted a 3.01 and .909 – both career lows. The offense still boasts talents like Mathew Barzal, Bo Horvat, Anders Lee, Brock Nelson and Oliver Wahlstrom. Noah Dobson leads the backend with long-timers Ryan Pulock and Adam Pelech.

The Islanders announced that forward Anthony Duclair, a key off-season signing, will miss 4-6 weeks with a lower-body injury.

INJURIES
Devils: Hatakka (upper-body)

Islanders: Duclair (lower-body)

splfd9v.jpg

gNX9Php.jpg

6swQvM2.jpg

Deviled

Oct 10, 2024
Would love if they could start showing heart and grit before the game has essentially ended

This schtick of getting tough in the final seconds/minutes of a lost game is beginning to wear thin

You got embarrassed last night in a game you played really well; now step up and show it stung

Louskoolaid89

Let's Go!!!
Oct 14, 2017
I already said stop sucking at home. Dammit these Devils today don't listen to me anymore.:( Please f***ing win and save some lives around here tonight!

Deviled

Oct 10, 2024
For the love of God please don’t play so passive in our D zone, attack !! Attack !!!
I thought Id lose my mind watching our PK stand still lol; plus when we do the 5-man PK at even strength

I understand when its been 1:30-2 minutes into a shift but they seem to fall into this stagnant defensive stance too often

HoliksGhost

Oct 24, 2007
I thought Id lose my mind watching our PK stand still lol; plus when we do the 5-man PK at even strength

I understand when its been 1:30-2 minutes into a shift but they seem to fall into this stagnant defensive stance too often
Way too much space given. This should be so obvious when they review the video, right ?

Reactions: My3Sons

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
Who the f*** scheduled Islanders-Devils to be the same night as the Yankees in the World Series?
i think it's nice, having a little something for everyone. now people can choose between watching a fun sport or nodding off on their couch waiting for a pitcher to stop scratching his balls.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad