Post-Game Talk: Islanders @ Capitals Game 7 7:30pm 4/27/15 (MOD WARNING POST #2 ALL MUST READ)

philip

dismember
Jun 27, 2014
If Green shot and it was blocked by the 1st body and went down the ice and stopped the attack that way, he'd be equally vilified lol. I don't mind a guy weighing up his options

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
Ward, GlenX, and Kuz had some real good chances. Green had a good chance. Just want this game to break away. It's like watching Rocky out there at the moment. Got to take advantage now.

maybam

Mar 30, 2010
I'd rather Green hold it than take a low percentage shot at sliding defender. Good period, but that doesn't mean anything since its 0-0.

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
I must say even with the radio delay, this is more enjoyable to watch with NBC on mute. Ended up like a fast first.

SpinningEdge

Feb 12, 2015
Fairfax, VA
After a bad period - the Islanders are going to come out and push it tonight. They're going to be coming out hard in the 2nd. Caps HAVE to match the intensity or we're going to give up a first goal again.

If they can get through the first 10 minutes of the period, Islanders may be getting wore down.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
You don't play Wilson if your goal is to score, he's a 1 trick pony at this stage of his development and has a reputation.

Disagree. You play him strategically to pound their D early and wear them down, opening more room for the offensive guys.

That said, we were dominating territory and shots so maybe Trotz didn't think we needed the help.

Still, I'd rather see their young D laboring so there's more pressure on Leddy and Boychuck.

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
Caps aren't exploiting that d-pair yet.

Ovi is still out there facing Boychuk and Leddy, I don't get it. I'm fine with him matching up with Tavares as they've beaten them all series, if it starts to fail just switch it up, but there's no reason for him to be playing vs. Boychuk and Leddy when we have last change.

Also not sure I blame Green for not pulling the trigger after reloading. There were 3 Islanders in his way, plus one Cap. I'm not sure that does much more then turn it over. Passing to Gleason was kinda dumb but at the same time it wasn't.

pocketrockets

Dec 12, 2010
A pretty mundane first period. Hopefully like the first 5 games, the caps will get stronger as the game goes on.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad