Post-Game Talk: Islanders @ Capitals Game 7 7:30pm 4/27/15 (MOD WARNING POST #2 ALL MUST READ)

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
I just hate dump and chase hockey. I don't understand why all of our coaches seem to employ it.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
I just hate dump and chase hockey. I don't understand why all of our coaches seem to employ it.

Because toss ups for possession are better than turnovers with numbers heading the other direction. Dump and chase is never the preference, but rather the result of either poor transition or the opponent stacking the blueline.

SpinningEdge

Feb 12, 2015
Fairfax, VA
It's amazing how the Capitals can miss the net completely OR put it right in the middle of the chest of the goalie with all their shots.

OVrocks

Dec 9, 2009
LA

Because it allows your team to establish possession while eliminating the ris of a neutral zone turnover due to fancy passing.

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
Because toss ups for possession are better than turnovers with numbers heading the other direction. Dump and chase is never the preference, but rather the result of either poor transition or the opponent stacking the blueline.

But even when we've got the puck with players who could skate it in, they just flat don't. I can understand a Laich/Wilson/GlenX line dumping and chasing but when Kuzya is flying through center and is one on one, he's shown he can walk it in; let him.

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
Mojo has been one of our best players this playoff. He and Kuzya are one of the only few who've seemingly shown up every game...

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
Kuzy got beaten on the wall, but made up for it with the aggressive back check. I'll take it.

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
I'm happy with Nisky's defense but his shooting has been atrocious. He didn't need an intentional miss there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad