Dreger: Islanders 1st round pick to vegas (per source)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
I'm extremely confident that Dreger is wrong.

frankly , after reading HF all day

this whole "my team" has a deal in place to protect xxx has turned into a pathetic joke

i think we are now up to 12 or more teams who won't lose the player that fans here don't want "their team" to lose.

Fan fantasy and sports media rumour mongering, i say

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
Come on Snow let Vegas take Dehaan and the 1st Than Trade another top 4 dman for a 20 goal scorer 2 top 4's and A 1st for a 20 goal scorer the could of attained before protected lists :laugh:

Dipietro39

Jul 15, 2005
You guys are sh*tting Snow without the full story.

(1) if he gave Vegas CDH + 1st to protect forwards that is horrible.
(2) if he gave CDH + 1st for A James Neil or Eric Staal that's a great trade
(3) if he have CDH + 1st + cap dumps and has a trade for Strome for Eberle that's a decent move.
(4) or he gave up a 1st to protect CDH, Strome and Nelson and is sending Hickey.

Point is, no body knows anything yet. Snow and McPhee are great friends and McPhee worked for the Isles most recently.

airbus220

Feb 19, 2012
but we could use halak, why would we trade him for a few picks when he is fine for the year behind greiss?

Why didn't they do it last season?
Why did they run Halak down?
Why did they send Halak to Bridgeport after 4 goals on 24 shots according to Capuano?
Why wasn't Greiss sent to Bridgeport after 5 goals on 24 shots FEB03 and 4 goals on 21 shots MAR05 and 4 goals on 18 shots MAR11 and 4 goals on 20 shots on MAR13?
Was it because of Snow's ego?

MikeyMike01

U.S.S. Wang
Jul 13, 2007
Hell

(3) if he have CDH + 1st + cap dumps and has a trade for Strome for Eberle that's a decent move.
(4) or he gave up a 1st to protect CDH, Strome and Nelson and is sending Hickey.

Point is, no body knows anything yet. Snow and McPhee are great friends and McPhee worked for the Isles most recently.

This I agree with. I'll save the outrage for the appropriate time.

Riseonfire

Josh Bailey! GAME ONE, TO THE ISLAND!!!
Nov 8, 2009

OMG! Someone who gets it! :yo::handclap::yo:

SI

Feb 16, 2013
This is why I hate Dreger. Now I have to hear about de Haan being taken because this ass doesn't put out full info.

There is no one worth it when it comes to speculating for the Isles, Staple is the best and he's a 50/50 shot. Darren Dreger just assumes it's the forwards.

I think what we see shake out is that it's a first and Vegas has to select someone less desirable like Hickey/Kulemin. Grabovski isn't eligible btw.

It is also worth mentioning that before Dreger's tweet - Arthur Staple tweeted that a deal was most likely in place to protect Nelson, Strome, AND de Haan.

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015

I havent fully read this thread but if guys are laughing at Snow its deserving if the rumors are true. If Snow protected 5 defensemen and not De Haan so Vegas could take De Haan and a 1st to not touch the forwards Snow has lost it... As you said nobody knows yet, so people are commenting based on rumors from guys like Dreger etc.

Beautvillier

beauvillier fan club
Nov 26, 2016
Florida
Why did they send Halak to Bridgeport after 4 goals on 24 shots according to Capuano?
Why wasn't Greiss sent to Bridgeport after 5 goals on 24 shots FEB03 and 4 goals on 21 shots MAR05 and 4 goals on 18 shots MAR11 and 4 goals on 20 shots on MAR13?

halak is known to have locker room issues, he didn't show up at post game interviews and i'd say that was the last straw.

rikker

Jun 6, 2003
Visit site

no buyers, because Halak was being Halak. should have just kept his head down and worked hard. do you remember when it was said that Halak would never play another game for the Isles? he did something that pissed Snow off. but still, Snow gave him a chance to prove himself at the starrt of the year, and Halak **** the bed.

12Dog

Feb 14, 2013
I've been saying this since the di pietro contract. It's a sad state of afffairs. Probably lost a generation of fans under this regiment.

Snow sucks, but the Dipietro contract was Wang being "revolutionary". Snow followed orders as a guy who would, going from backup goalie to front line lackey.

Dipietro39

Jul 15, 2005
I havent fully read this thread but if guys are laughing at Snow its deserving if the rumors are true. If Snow protected 5 defensemen and not De Haan so Vegas could take De Haan and a 1st to not touch the forwards Snow has lost it... As you said nobody knows yet, so people are commenting based on rumors from guys like Dreger etc.

Arthur Staple is way more reliable when it comes to nYI. He suggested that the first is so that Vegas doesn't take CDH, Nelson or Strome.

Dipietro39

Jul 15, 2005
OMG! Someone who gets it! :yo::handclap::yo:

Thanks! There are so many scenarios. Snow and McPhee could also have an agreement that the 1st is for Vegas to take Hickey! Who knows.

I'm hoping Vegas wants CDH and the deal is CDH + 1st for James Neal or Stall.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
100% true that anything can happen and we don't know what will yet.

That said, garth snow has fully earned the reputation to doubt he'll wind up on the right side of things.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
Snow, Tallon, Holland and Murray all had really bad days

No they didn't. Each of them are one of 31 people on the planet to GM a National Hockey League team, and get paid very well to do so.

That said in terms of snow...Usually it's the Islanders and their fans that have bad days as a result of him being one of those 31 men.

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC

That would make no sense.

The more logical scenario is that the Isles are giving up the first in exchange for Vegas taking nobody of real value.

Can't believe how many people in this thread are acting like they know exactly what the transaction is without knowing the details at all.

wingsfan17

Jan 20, 2008
Don't really follow the islanders so hopefully someone can inform me. Why isn't strome valued more? On paper I see a young 20's, former 5th overall who averages .5 ppg. I figure that's pretty good, isn't that exactly the kind of guy vegas would want? Seems like there's 2-3 guys islanders fans are more afraid of losing.

Dipietro39

Jul 15, 2005
100% true that anything can happen and we don't know what will yet.

That said, garth snow has fully earned the reputation to doubt he'll wind up on the right side of things.

That I agree. But trading CDH + 1st to save Nelson Strome and Bailey would be by far his worst move. He confers with Weight (ass GM) and JT and McPhee is his good friend. Gives me some hope that he didn't blow this and actually is getting the Isles a forward.

Beautvillier

beauvillier fan club
Nov 26, 2016
Florida
Don't really follow the islanders so hopefully someone can inform me. Why isn't strome valued more? On paper I see a young 20's, former 5th overall who averages .5 ppg. I figure that's pretty good, isn't that exactly the kind of guy vegas would want? Seems like there's 2-3 guys islanders fans are more afraid of losing.

he never lived up to be the elite 2c we expected. he's had two rather underwhelming seasons in a row. he did look good playing with weight as the coach though.

Dipietro39

Jul 15, 2005

We don't want to lose him but Nelson, CDH and Hamonic are more valuable. Strome has been very poor since rookie year.

CrypTic

Oct 2, 2013
That would make no sense.

The more logical scenario is that the Isles are giving up the first in exchange for Vegas taking nobody of real value.

Can't believe how many people in this thread are acting like they know exactly what the transaction is without knowing the details at all.

Isn't that what ppl generally do in these kinds of threads?

What else are you going to post about? Say "I hope we find out exactly what is going to happen soon?"

Someone tweets something vague/speculative. (Most of the tweets that start threads in the trade section.) Hilarity ensues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad