Is Tyler Myers one of Benning's worst moves?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

What position should the Tyler Myers signing be in?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cupless44

Jun 25, 2014
2 or 3. He's basically repeating the Eriksson deal, except for a defenseman.

He will be more useful than Eriksson.

Eriksson was brutal from game 1, season 1 onwards. No way a signing can be worse than that. Also a year longer.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
It should definitely be ahead of the Kesler trade return, which actually wasn't that terrible in itself. That trade wouldn't even crack the top 10 or 15 for me. The following moves related to it (trading McCann, extending Sbisa, Bonino deal) were the real bad ones.

Canucks1096

Feb 13, 2016
Gudbranson was a lot worst.

In term of FA signing. Eriksson? Beagle was a lot worst.

At least Myers is a number 4 D.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Myers isn't close to being Jimbo's worst move.....that surely has to go to the Gudbranson trade....cost them McCann and a high second-rounder....then they doubled down by re-signing him to an albatross of a contract against all logic.

The miracle is they managed to unload him on the Pens for Pearson, who looks like he might be a useful depth winger.

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
What is the expection for Myers - I expect him to be a 5/6 dman unless you shelter him completely then he’s a 4/5 dman. But the question becomes why the heck are you signing dmen you have to shelter for 5yrs and 30 mil

vanarchy

May 3, 2013
A little early for this sky-is-falling thread but alas.

My expectations for this off season were so rock bottom that I’m actually happy at the moment.

Reactions: ErrantShepherd

ErrantShepherd

Nostalgic despite the Bad
Dec 2, 2018
...Canada, eh?
Jeesus your life must be exciting and nerve wrecking.

No way to know anything.
I'm sorry if you're finding life dull and predictable, Puck. But as for me, I love a good mystery box. ;)

But also seriously, if he's a bust once he plays that's one thing, and I'll gladly call him one if so. But I'd like to see him play here first before I declare him Benning's worst whatever number move.

garbageteam

Jan 7, 2010
This is a FA signing guys, curb the overreaction a little. Canucks aren't a cap team and won't be a contender against the cap for some time and haven't the slightest clue on how to use cap space to their advantage. Marginal upgrade on the D and all it really is costing is Aquilini's investment dollars.

Giving up picks, needlessly bleeding assets and missing on some pretty sure fire draft picks are JB's signature gaffes and far more significantly damaging to the future health of the franchise... something which he has just done in another trade again (JB and trades. Good lawd).

This wouldn't even crack his top 10 worst moves with the information we have today. I'm hesitant to even call this a particularly bad move at this point in time considering how low our standards are for this GM.

settinguptheplay

Classless Canuck Fan
Apr 3, 2008

Eriksson was brutal from game 1, season 1 onwards. No way a signing can be worse than that. Also a year longer.

Was it Eriksson who had his first shot on goal as a Canuck go into his own net? And somehow things never got better.

GPNuck

Nov 25, 2013

i'll go even a little farther and say Eriksson never had 1 good game with Vancouver, even the games he happened to score a lucky goal

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
i'll go even a little farther and say Eriksson never had 1 good game with Vancouver, even the games he happened to score a lucky goal

Incredibly, Eriksson had 3 games last year where he scored 3 or 4 points. So did Boeser. Horvat had 2.

a Fool

Emperor has no picks
Mar 14, 2014
Incredibly, Eriksson had 3 games last year where he scored 3 or 4 points. So did Boeser. Horvat had 2.
Honestly that only makes his point totals even more disappointing.

Grantham

Mar 28, 2017
Not even close to his worst. That’s why most of us ain’t even mad.

Benning has such a Treasure Trove of bad deals, that this doesn’t even rate.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Still think going all in on Lucic twice has to be in the top 3 - twice, even though he failed both times. Both would have been worse than Myers.

a Fool

Emperor has no picks
Mar 14, 2014
Still think going all in on Lucic twice has to be in the top 3 - twice, even though he failed both times. Both would have been worse than Myers.
I don't even want to start imagining all the things that could have been.

Burke's Evil Spirit

Oct 29, 2002
San Francisco
Oh, absolutely. 10 points in those 3 games, 16 points in 6 games ... and 13 points in the other 75 including four pointless streaks 8-14 games long.

I wonder how that correlates with time spent with like, Sutter/Beagle vs time spent with Horvat

Actually I don't wonder...I don't want to spend any more brain cycles on the Loui Eriksson contract

Fire Benning

diaper filled piss baby
Oct 2, 2016
Hell
It's in the upper echelon for sure. I think the Gudbranson saga (acquiring and extending him) was worse considering he was arguably the worst defenseman in the league during his tenure here.

If Myers got max term and more money it would've been his worse move.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad