Is this the year that an Eastern team will be able to take Tampa out?

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
No team from the East has been able to take Tampa out in over 3 years now. With Boston, Toronto, NYR getting a lot stronger this year, does a team from the East finally beat Tampa this year or does Tampa make their 4th straight SCF appearance?

Last edited:

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Yes. Last season Tampa was still trying to defend their championship and had the same core. They lost a big part of their defense in McD, and Vasi looks mortal more and more.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Leafs win in 5.

• Haha
Reactions: Kerberos

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
No matter what happens in round one, the Bruins will take the Lightning out.

Reactions: nturn06

SympathyForTheDevils

Feb 22, 2010
Quebec City
Probably. Not because of the way they're playing now (I remember them having bad stretches in their Cup years) but because the field is better than usual, and the team is worse. Especially on defense, with McDonagh gone and Hedman playing poorly.

That said that doesn't really spell doom for the Bolts. Everyone's acting like they're an "all-in" team, but pretty much all the moves they've made since last year were to acquire long-term (or medium-term I guess) assets. They're retooling; they should be back in the thick of it next year.

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
Probably. Not because of the way they're playing now (I remember them having bad stretches in their Cup years) but because the field is better than usual, and the team is worse. Especially on defense, with McDonagh gone and Hedman playing poorly.

That said that doesn't really spell doom for the Bolts. Everyone's acting like they're an "all-in" team, but pretty much all the moves they've made since last year were to acquire long-term (or medium-term I guess) assets. They're retooling; they should be back in the thick of it next year.

Losing McD hurt them for sure, I knew it would. McD was a beast for them on their second pairing logging big minutes. I think the Bolts biggest hurdle is whether they have the same motivation to get back to the cup finals again and how much do they have left in the tank? Last year Cooper even said, that the team was super motivated to make history by winning 3 cups in a row.

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
No team from the East has been able to take Tampa out in over 3 years now. With Boston, Toronto, NYR getting a lot stronger this year, does a team from the East finally beat Tampa this year or does Tampa make their 4th straight SCF appearance?

awwww this is nice a Leafs troll thread, so clever:laugh:

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
Boston is clearly the favorite league wide. So yes, Boston could take out Tampa, in fact odds are in Boston's favor.

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
Tampa mark here - YES

With that being said, getting bounced early might not be the worst thing for them. It'll give the team an extra couple months of rest and they'll have basically their entire squad back next year. The only two players from the core in their 30s are Hedman and Stamkos. They might be the favorite next year if other teams in the East have attrition next year.

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
I’m still not betting against Tampa. Since Columbus unleashed the dragon in them, they find the ways to win

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
because you won't be playing them? lol

giphy.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad