Is this the closet Connor McDavid gonna get to a Stanley Cup?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Asinine

yer opinion is wrong
Feb 28, 2013
No he will lose in game 7 OT next year before retiring from McDevastation.

Video Nasty

Mar 12, 2017
People are correct that there are no guarantees and the surest things can sometimes never come to fruition

That being said, I do expect the Oilers to run it back and complete the job next season. I’ve always said that I’ll begin to worry about his chances at a Cup once he has ten full seasons in the books.

I was hoping he would avoid the classic Cup story of great players losing their first Finals appearances (Howe: twice and then played a mere half game of his First Cup win, Gretzky, Crosby, etc), but it wasn’t meant to be.

Fraser28

Jan 13, 2013
I think he’ll get a Cup eventually. Not sure with which team. As for next year? I don’t expect the Oilers to make the Final. It’ll be Dallas, Colorado, or Vegas representing the West.

Tundra

Oct 20, 2005
If he's smart he'll leave in 2 years and pull a Kevin Durant.

Join a team like the Panthers, Hurricanes, Avs, Stars or Canucks in free agency.
Likely a cap friendly deal. I don't think he's concerned about money at this point of his career.

SillyRabbit

Trix Are For Kids
Jan 3, 2006
If he's smart he'll leave in 2 years and pull a Kevin Durant.

Join a team like the Panthers, Hurricanes, Avs, Stars or Canucks in free agency.
Even Kevin Durant would tell you that he regrets doing what he did.

That being said, McDavid doesn't have to make nearly as much of a cowardly move as Durant did.

He can lead his own team to a Cup like he almost did this season.

Whether that's with the Oilers or with a different team in the future, I'm not sure, but I'd say he's more likely to win 2 Cups than 0.

CashMash

Jun 5, 2015
Finland
I hope he gets his one day.

Deserved the Smythe. I even think it shows character that he didn't accept it. Wants to win. The Smythe is just an individual award.

People saying he was invisible didn't watch the game. Had great chances, particularly at the end.

The only Oiler I actually dislike is Drai.

Reactions: Video Nasty

lakeshirts37

Jun 25, 2019
I firmly believe they will be there next year. They need to find a way to get more depth at forward so McDavid and Drai aren't playing for 8 of the last 10 minutes in a must win game. But they'll be there again next year.
I firmly believe they will not

Reactions: Fraser28

Tillain

Oct 12, 2008
Halifax
The Oilers are one of the best teams in the league and have their core under contract for next year at the very least. No reason why they can't run it back.

Habs7631

Feb 28, 2017
Even Kevin Durant would tell you that he regrets doing what he did.

He can say that all we want, it's a lie. He wouldn't change a thing if he could go back.

2X NBA Champion and 2X Final MPV.

He doesn't have those 2 things on his resume and his legacy is nowhere near the same.

McDavid is too good not to win a cup. Oilers let him down with the roster building. He doesn't owe them anything.

If in 2 years they haven't fixed the D, the goalies and the cap situation and surrounded him with actual depth he needs to look out for himself and bounce for a good all around team where he doesn't need to put up 42 point in a playoffs run just for him to come up short.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
they made it thanks to a legendary PK unit.
I doubt they can replicate that success again in another playoff run so will be very hard for McDavid to do it with these oilers

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
He should sign with Calgary in two years time and win four cups and cement his place in history while $18M draisaitl gets exposed in Edmonton for being nothing more than a beneficiary of playing with a superstar every year of his career going back to his rookie year riding shotgun with Taylor Hall when the superior Sam Bennett had to drag around Michael Frolik.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad