Value of: Is there a trade market for Torey Krug?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
He's in year two of seven, with an annual cap hit of $6.5M/yr.
Five years remaining beyond this one. Ages 31 through 35 during those years.

He's been fine for STL...not great, not bad...earning what's probably a fair wage considering the price of D-men.
He's a fine 2nd-pairing guy and good PP1 QB who can capitalize off of favorable matchups drive offense, but the Blues have a similar-sized offensive guy coming and could use the opportunity to shuffle up the defense and salary cap. STL won't pay to get rid of him, as this isn't a cap-dump situation, but would likely consider offers from a team looking for an offensive LHD during the next 12-months.

Any interest?

sbhatt

Nov 10, 2015
As a Habs fan, I'd trade for Krug in a heartbeat if I could get rid of Gallagher's contract.

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
I could see the Canes being interested next year depending on what De Angelo wants in the offseason. If TDA moves on after this season, the Canes wouldn't have any defenseman that can play the point on a PP, so Krug could be a fit. They do like to trade for guys with term, so they might inquire then, but probably don't do anything the remainder of this year barring a TDA off ice meltdown or an injury.

Reactions: Chrispy and Tryamw

KingTech

Sep 20, 2020
Would LAK be interested? Thought they needed a top-4 LHD.
No he may have the offensive ability that we are looking for Hes not physically big enough to play the defensive role he would need in la. The kings have to many small defenseman. We are looking for a unicorn type Under 25 over 6 1 and 200 lbs with offensive side to his game.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I mean, I'd absolutely take him back on the Bruins but if we were going to pay him that contract would've just paid him back in 2020.

Maybe if the Blues retained a smidgen and then we could sell off Reilly to someone else to offset some of it.

Ice Mammoth

Mar 14, 2021
I could see the Canes being interested next year depending on what De Angelo wants in the offseason. If TDA moves on after this season, the Canes wouldn't have any defenseman that can play the point on a PP, so Krug could be a fit. They do like to trade for guys with term, so they might inquire then, but probably don't do anything the remainder of this year barring a TDA off ice meltdown or an injury.

I think Anthony Deangelo RFA in 2022. (AAV $ 1,000,000). Although I could be wrong.

Anthony Deangelo Contract, Cap Hit, Salary and Stats - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

It is unlikely that the arbitration will award him a large sum. Even if Anthony sets a personal performance record. All things considered, Deangelo's career. There is more chance that both parties will agree on a mutually beneficial contract.
Although everything can be.
dunno.gif

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
I could see the Kings having interest...

To Los Angeles: Krug
To St. Louis: Maatta, Athanasiou

L.A. get a top 4 LD

St. Louis get a LD replacement for the rest of the season in Maatta, plus a serviceable bottom 6 forward on an expiring contract

Reactions: McJedi and YP44

KingTech

Sep 20, 2020
Okay well get in line behind the other 31 teams then
I love this response not every team needs a top pairing lefthanded defenseman There are team that have them Avs Tampa and Buffalo to name 3 Just because Krug happen to be left handed defenseman does not mean hes a fit. Teams all have a different fit for what they look for.

Stewie Griffin

What the deuce
May 9, 2019
Canada
I love this response not every team needs a top pairing lefthanded defenseman There are team that have them Avs Tampa and Buffalo to name 3 Just because Krug happen to be left handed defenseman does not mean hes a fit. Teams all have a different fit for what they look for.
I was more making a joke that you were looking for a under 25, 6'1+ Dman with offensive upside. Because that is something 90% of the league would love to add to their roster.

Reactions: KingTech

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad