Is there a goalie controversy in Colorado?

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
Annunen has looked very solid, with a lot of confidence and good rebound control, Georgiev doesn't look like he knows where he is most of the time. Annunen should be the starter until he gives a reason to try out Kahkonen or let the piece of swiss cheese back in net.

Bone Breaker

Apr 2, 2015
Tokyo
Georgiev should be waived. and after no one claims, have his contract terminated.

Annunen got his mojo back and now he is running with it. he is the real deal. in a few years, we will be discussing if he is one of the best goalies of his generation or not.

Annunen - Kahkonen is the cheapest goalie duo of the league. :banana:

hangman005

It's my first day.
Apr 19, 2015
Iceland II the hotter crappier version.
204217.jpg

207354.jpg

210273.jpg

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
dumb-and-dumber-jim-carrey.gif

I don’t know how much controversy there is though. Georgiev has always been a low-level starter at best and is paid accordingly, on the final year of his deal. Play whoever is stopping pucks and shore it up at the deadline.

Last edited:

Carbooja

Uncle Salaami
Jun 2, 2011
Brampton, Ontario
I see they assigned Kaapo Kähkönen to the AHL on a conditioning assignment for 14 days, I wonder if the Jets will try and claim him back if he stays there beyond the 14 days.

tmg

Jul 10, 2003
Ottawa
Georgiev should be waived. and after no one claims, have his contract terminated.
On what grounds?

This is a league with guaranteed contracts and a players’ association that grieves non-mutual terminations, and generally wins those grievances.

You can’t just terminate a contract of a player who isn’t playing well because their on ice performance is poor.

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
Annunen has won the net for now. I havent heard much off ice issues with Georgiev so he'll get a shot to at least compete for the backup spot. Goaltending is still a massive hole for the Avs but also a massive opportunity if Annunen continues his play.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad