Is There A Father Son Possibility in the NHL?

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
I'm not a basketball fan, but everything suggests Bronny sucks.

He's like Brodeur drafting his son in the 7th round, but they're going to force Bronny to play.

Bronny doesn't suck, he's just nowhere near ready. He had one college season, which he missed much of due to a cardiac arrest. He only started 6 games and averaged under 20 minutes a game in 25 total GPs.

He defintiely has the potential to be an NBA player, but he's done nothing to prove he is.

Ivo

Dec 29, 2008
Rotterdam, NL
That must have made for some awkward/emotionally charged games. Is there a link for this story somewhere, it's not on his wiki page.
Not sure they even had a game against each other. The son played 5 and 11 games in Palffy’s final two seasons.
Slovak language wiki page mentions it. Otherwise you could probably only find Slovak tabloid articles .

JJTT

Jan 18, 2013
Oulu
Kasperi and Sami Kapanen played together for 2 seasons in Finland. Kasperi was 16 and Sami was 39 back then.

1719954427536.png

Oak

Apr 22, 2012
MA
Heiskanen is 24 and had a kid this year, although I'm not sure what gender the baby is.

If anyone can make this happen it's a Euro who tend to have kids younger.

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
Considering there's probably not a player in the league that has an adult child, and to go along with that even if they did are they good enough to play in the NHL at a young age?

I'm going to say no.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
That was a cool moment with the draft being in New Jersey and Marty being a franchise icon that would eventually have his own statue put up outside the arena. Anthony Brodeur was the 4th to last pick in the draft and the 3 guys selected after him didn't do much of anything for their teams either. Yeah, it was technically a "waste" of a pick, but one that had such low value to begin with.

With LeBron, didn't he flat out say or at least imply that he wanted to play with his son and would go to whichever team drafted him?

Correct.

LeBron also had his agent (who is also Bronny's agent) tell teams if they drafted him he'd go play overseas.

Reactions: DaveG

psycat

Oct 25, 2016
Lebrons son has absolutely no business whatsoever being in the NBA. Not shitting on the kid, seems like a very genuine human, but he's trash at basketball and literally was only drafted because of his dad. It's embarassing.

It's very rare for a father and son to both be elite level talents at the same time, so I'll go ahead and say no. Also hockey players really aren't having children at such a young age, I don't think there's anyone that could play until 45-50 in the modern NHL.

I mean Chara just, pretty much, did? Id argue it's not impossible but you are right that it's unlikely.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
They definitely are, they just don't know they exist. :sarcasm:

I think Vasilevskiy was married with a child at like 20.
Yep: Russsian players are most likely. Tarasenko has a step son who is like eligible for the draft next year although he won’t be drafted

Bob married young but didn’t have kids until later though

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
If some guy knocks up his high school sweetheart when he is 15 or 16, has a great career and his son ends up being a high draft pick and plays the following season . . . maybe.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad