World Cup: 4 Nations Tournament- Team USA (2025)

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
I'm a bit surprised they didn't name Helle but I like it. He would have been a worthy addition but goalies are so fickle choose them last based on who's playing well.
Yeah, that's probably the exact reasons no goalies were named. Go with the hand hot as we get closer to the tourney. A rare inspired move by the USA Hockey brass. Great start, but let's see if they give into the "role player" and/or "team concept" trap. I can see certain centers playing the wing, but lets not go with a 4th line for of plumbers. My idea of a "plumber" line would consist of the likes of Larkin and Kreider.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
As expected. Looks great out the gate, but let's see what they decide to do with the rest of the team. I assume no Kane since he is a free agent right now, but if healthy he 100% makes it.

I didn't think they would name a goalie and they didn't. Right call. I am shocked no Jack Hughes though, but overall it's what I expected.

Reactions: William H Bonney

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
This is going to be a fairly young defense.
Fox
Q. Hughes
McAvoy
Werenski
Slavin
Faber
Sanderson
Vlasic
Jones
L.Hughes
Etc. All 30 and under.

The more i think about it, Carlson will likely be a lock and McDonagh the surprise pick. Hell they might be a pair...

I have no issues with McD and Carlson here this year and maybe Sanderson and Faber for the Olympics...

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Also pretty wild that half of the top 6 named came from a single birth year-1997.

Eichel the 96 played with those boys though, so 4 out of 6 names were teammates at some point for USNDP (Fox a 98 played with the 97s too).. all USNDP named.

Insert CHL bias posts lol...(aware where Matty Tkachuk played after USNDP)...

Last edited:

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Also pretty wild that half of the top 6 named came from a single birth year-1997.

Eichel the 96 played with those boys though, so 4 out of 6 names were teammates at some point for USNDP (Fox a 98 played with the 97s too).. all USNDP named.

Insert CHL bias posts lol...
Amazing that we didn't win the 2016 WJC.

Oh wait I remember now
1719598504014.png

some

Apr 15, 2024
Olofström
For the squad as of today:

Brady Tkachuk (A) - Auston Matthews - Matthew Tkachuk
Jason Robertson - Vincent Trocheck - Jack Hughes
Chris Kreider - Jack Eichel - Patrick Kane (C)
Kyle Connor - Dylan Larkin (A) - Matthew Boldy
Alex Tuch/Tage Thompson

Quinn Hughes - Adam Fox
Zach Werenski - Charlie McAvoy
Jaccob Slavin - John Carlson
Jake Sanderson - Seth Jones

Connor Hellebuyck
Jake Oettinger
Jeremy Swayman

Reactions: Rabid Ranger

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Mike Morreale won't ever let basic facts get in the way.

We better not go as small as his forward group, too, with Caufield, Hughes, Keller, and Guentzel.
Yeah, I wouldn't have Harley anyway. Would prefer Sanderson. I also question how many small, finesse forwards we will have. Especially with a recent quote about "roles." I think Hughes, Kane, Connor and Guentzel will make it but that may be it.

For the squad as of today:

Brady Tkachuk (A) - Auston Matthews - Matthew Tkachuk
Jason Robertson - Vincent Trocheck - Jack Hughes
Chris Kreider - Jack Eichel - Patrick Kane (C)
Kyle Connor - Dylan Larkin (A) - Matthew Boldy
Alex Tuch/Tage Thompson

Quinn Hughes - Adam Fox
Zach Werenski - Charlie McAvoy
Jaccob Slavin - John Carlson
Jake Sanderson - Seth Jones

Connor Hellebuyck
Jake Oettinger
Jeremy Swayman
I'd be happy with this team, with the exception of J.T. Miller missing.

westc2

Nov 2, 2015
St. Louis, MO
This is not an IIHF tournament, so I don't know why people are talking about "Team USA". This is an NHL tournament.

Players participation history in the useless "World Championship" that happens every year is irrelevant.

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
This is not an IIHF tournament, so I don't know why people are talking about "Team USA". This is an NHL tournament.

Players participation history in the useless "World Championship" that happens every year is irrelevant.

You don't know why people are talking about Team USA? Seriously?

It would be ridiculous to select a player who's ineligible to play for Team USA in IIHF tournaments as this tournament is a big building block to the 2026 Olympics, especially one who's had 1 good season so far and has never indicated any interest whatsoever in representing USA Hockey, either.

And it's very clear the authors have no clue about Harley beyond looking at NHL.com.stats by player birth country. If their aim was to have a guy represent Team USA in the only tournament where he could do so, while abandoning a Hockey Canada with a weaker defensive group in the process, they certainly should touch on it in their article. It's clear they have no idea he's always represented Canada.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad